PDA

View Full Version : sax-p members photo galleries

DevilDamo
22nd March 2005, 04:52
so, how about it?

i started a similar thread in the 'general chat' forum just for moderators to post their photos, but this has now turned into an all round members photo gallery.

we all think that this is a good idea and we should have a 'PINNED/STICKY' thread where we can see what other members look like. this would help us when arranging sax-p meets and events.

it was also suggested that facepics could be within the 'members cars' section of the forum, but the problem with this is that not ALL members have their own cars.

so therefore, how about creating a members photo gallery thread/section? i also think that moderators should only have access to update pics, etc... as i know that this could get out of hand and members uploading all different kinds of photos.

is this a good or bad idea?

Dan
22nd March 2005, 05:00
i say its a good one! id like to see who im talking too and not feel like a dick when i get to the hotel for fcs! at least if i no ppl then it will be easier!

jaybiss
22nd March 2005, 05:06
ill back as sed earlier (yday)

its nice to see who u r chatting to

and if we eva meet up uve got an idea whos who

smileys/smiley14.gif

craggersVTR
22nd March 2005, 13:06
I say its a good idea, as everyone has said so far, it would be good to know who we are talking to. smileys/smiley4.gif

Scott
22nd March 2005, 19:14
suggestion noted, thoughts floating around

oz_borne
23rd March 2005, 04:05
Done.

smileys/smiley14.gif

move it if you like scott wasn't quite sure to put it

smileys/smiley14.gif

oz_borne
23rd March 2005, 04:07
good suggestion damo, but had no pic of you to use dude

smileys/smiley14.gif

SaxoAL
23rd March 2005, 04:18
he posted a pic in that thread didnt he?

DevilDamo
23rd March 2005, 05:00
(this reply has been edited!)

thanks for sorting that out oz. i wasn't sure if simo' had to give the final ok on it, before it was done. but, he can have a look and give his opinions upon his return.

i did put a photo of me up there but for some strange reason, the photo became unavailable, but i have now amdended the post with the correct photo url.

Scott
23rd March 2005, 17:15
im fine with the thread in gen caht just now, but maybe after a week or so when most of the interest around it ahs dissolved it should be moved to the photo forumsmileys/smiley20.gif

DevilDamo
26th March 2005, 17:35
ok, now the sax-p members photo galleries idea is now in use, i think that it would also be an idea to put the photo's in some kind of order.

i think it should be split up into maybe four sections...

administrator
moderators (ascending usernames)
premium members (ascending usernames)
members (ascending usernames)

i also think that the photo's need to be the same size (thumbnails) so that users can flick through them quickly.

this would obviously involve a bit of time, but the sooner the better smileys/smiley20.gif