PDA

View Full Version : pm’s

DevilDamo
16th April 2005, 01:37
when people receive pm's, it takes a while for them to realise that they have one (except for people who use the forums on a day to day basis).

how about when e.g. i receive a pm, then a small window opens notifying you that i have unread pm's!?!

KAMENi
16th April 2005, 02:15
good idea!

something like a pop-up window (like all those annoyinng ads)

Zany_Jim
16th April 2005, 02:21
yer it does it in invision forums im sure theres a mod for web wiz forums

Scott
16th April 2005, 04:15
the forum used to have something similar to that, and it was as annoying as fuck tbh so it was removed

KAMENi
16th April 2005, 11:04
ok, why didn't you simply add the button to shut this function down?

it was annoying to everyone?

i'm thinking of a small pop-up that only says

"you have x unread message(s) in inbox from:
MEMBER TOPIC& nbsp;TIME OF REPLY"

alex19
16th April 2005, 12:58
i think it would be quite annoying to not be on here and have pop ups coming up...

but if it did go ahead... like msn notifications would be gd... the small box in the bottom right hand of the screen... saying... '(1) New PM in your inbox' and the title as Saxperience....

Simo
16th April 2005, 13:28
I can turn the popup window back on, but personally I feel it is un-necessary.

Everyone knows that when they have a PM the ocon starts to flash at the top of the screen.

DOnt you glance up there every few minutes whilst browsing to check??? Thats what I do?

SaxoAL
16th April 2005, 13:44
when pages load up , its usually the first thing I look at.

alex19
16th April 2005, 14:02
Everyone knows that when they have a PM the ocon starts to flash at the top of the screen.

No, Mine just goes bold and stays like that till i've viewed them pm.

And don't people see when their clicking on 'Forum Home' and 'General Chat' at the top of the page?

Dan
16th April 2005, 15:13
i also think it would be annoying! i like it how it is at the mo.

KAMENi
16th April 2005, 15:32
i think it would be quite annoying to not be on here and have pop ups coming up...

but if it did go ahead... like msn notifications would be gd... the small box in the bottom right hand of the screen... saying... '(1) New PM in your inbox' and the title as Saxperience....

i didnt think as soon as you log on the web, i meant as soon as you open sax-p, but if everyone feels it's unnecessary, then leave it the way it is

DevilDamo
22nd April 2005, 01:46
simo, i know the MAJORITY of us do look at the top of the screen, but you and the moderators look up there more times than the rest of us as you guys are there to sort problems and queries out.

all i meant was a little notification box in the top left of the screen saying you have 1 unread message.

or if people didnt like that idea, then how about when you sign in to sax-p, a window pops up telling you that you have unread pm's?