PDA

View Full Version : Which induction kit sounds loudest

sparkyVTR
3rd April 2003, 03:36
I have just ordered a brand new VTR. I am after an induction kit but not sure which one to go for. Im not too fussed about extra performance just want a nice induction roar. Which one do you guys recommend.

peachys vts
3rd April 2003, 03:57
two of my mates had vtr's one had a piper x and the other a k&n,there both bloody loud but have different tones,the k&n had a much higher note to it and sounded alot better to me.dont bother with the carbon fibre enclosed type filters (which i have myself) as these give of hardly any sound compared to the induction kits.

ciars
3rd April 2003, 05:31
if you wanna loud filter go for the piper X or maybe even a RamAir foam filter...but do you really just want to trade power for a noise?

j111gga
3rd April 2003, 20:27
i've got a shitty jetex ind kit just now.

any opinions on whats better, Green forced induction kit or the pipercross viper kit? what gives best power if any on a vtr?

ciars
4th April 2003, 05:26
the choice is yours, cant really got wrong with Green/BMC/K&N, but a gain in power (if any) will be so small, you wont notice. At best, engine will idle and maybe respond a little better.

Another option is a replacement panel type filter that sits into ure existing OE induction setup...just chuck out the std. jobbie!

Predator_R32
9th April 2003, 22:57
yeah mate get a forced green induction kit its defanately the best!!!!!!

sparkyVTR
12th April 2003, 13:48
Thnaks guys. I have just ordered a Pipercross Induction Kit from Demon Tweeks. Cant wait till Saturday now to pick up my new VTR. Thanks again.