PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate post

kev999_VTR
6th August 2008, 00:11
Everytime i send a post, no matter whether its on the computer, laptop or mobile phone, it comes up "unable to post as this is a duplicate post", something along those lines anyway. Its as if it thinks i have pressed the button twice with each post. Anybody else have this problem all the time?

Simo
6th August 2008, 10:23
Everytime i send a post, no matter whether its on the computer, laptop or mobile phone, it comes up "unable to post as this is a duplicate post", something along those lines anyway. Its as if it thinks i have pressed the button twice with each post. Anybody else have this problem all the time?

Do you double click when clicking submit reply? Ofthen people do double click instead of single clicking?

Either way, this is sure to be a problem with your browser/PC and not a server issue. If youre using the quick reply, it is likely to be a java error.

James
6th August 2008, 11:04
To be honest Simo,

I've been getting it allot of late, my keyboard and mouse skills are far superior to the average joes. I would never double click, basiclly my life would end.

It happens when the form takes to long to load (even if you only click once), only just started happening in the last month though.

Nick_T
6th August 2008, 11:23
since the update, i cannot quick reply, cannot edit posts, cannot use pager messages (all from the works computer, fine at home)

kev999_VTR
6th August 2008, 11:23
I dont ever double click, atleast I dont think I do, lol.
And like said above, its when the form takes too long to load, maybe it is my end of things causing it then?!

Simo
6th August 2008, 12:34
since the update, i cannot quick reply, cannot edit posts, cannot use pager messages (all from the works computer, fine at home)

As ive said previously - this is a javascript issue - your work PC must not have latest java, or be restrictd in some way.

Simo
6th August 2008, 12:36
To be honest Simo,

I've been getting it allot of late, my keyboard and mouse skills are far superior to the average joes. I would never double click, basiclly my life would end.

It happens when the form takes to long to load (even if you only click once), only just started happening in the last month though.

ok - will have to check some server logs, but it wont show anything unless you get an error page. If its slow to load, I can try to influence that.

danzman1991
11th August 2008, 14:28
Was just about to post this thread too..

Everytime I post it comes up with

"This is is a duplicate post you will be redirected"

Or something along those lines..