PDA

View Full Version : wiring components

coolguydudeman
12th July 2005, 16:15
right i need some help with my component wiring,

the main wire in the standard speaker i took out and cut the connector thing off stripped the wire. now that wire obviously is not long enough to reach my input section of the crossover so i got some speaker wire, stripped it a bit then twisted the bits of metal 2gether. to form a bigger wire, then put electrician tape around it. the speakers are fussy and obviously its because of that. anyone have any better ideas to connect em together, i remember some geek in halfords saying something about connection boxes or something, but he also said my neons would blow if i ran them through the cigg lighter along with aload of technical crap i didnt understand, obviously i disagreed, connected to the cigg lighter and they worked fine...

Graeme
12th July 2005, 16:32
yeah mate he sounds like he knows f*ck all!!

you can get little connecter boxes there blue and you put one wire through one hole and the other wire in the other hole and clap down!! they only cost about a couple of quid as well!!!

hope this helps!

coolguydudeman
12th July 2005, 16:43
cheers, will pop down the electricin shop later.

Scott
12th July 2005, 17:23
dont use scotch connectors they are shite.

What you have done in principal is fine though soldering would be better, check you have the + and - the correct way round

coolguydudeman
12th July 2005, 18:17
which is usually positive, green or yellow?

coolguydudeman
12th July 2005, 18:18
i also dont hav a soldering iron....

coolguydudeman
12th July 2005, 22:25
sorted..

Scott
13th July 2005, 12:54
what was it?

coolguydudeman
13th July 2005, 16:58
the wire to the wire, got some of them blue connector things... works fine for the time been, until i can get a soldering iron to make a permement join.