PDA

View Full Version : Fixed! Logging me out at strange times.

Peejous
3rd September 2008, 10:26
I know there is like an automatic log out thing that signs you out of the forum if you've been inactive for like 10 minutes or something like that.

But sometimes I randomly get logged off the forum even though it's only been about a minute since I last posted.

Is there any way you can change the automatic log off setting for your own profile etc.?

Pissy

x

Simo
3rd September 2008, 11:39
If you click the remember me button and tell windows to remember your password you should be logged in at all times whilst active.

On any pc I use, i simply browse to sax-p and i am logged in...

Luke
3rd September 2008, 11:45
I got the same problem when I used Lou's laptop.

laura_g
3rd September 2008, 14:51
hey young peter both scattle and i are getting the same problem too, just get logged out automatically

Scott
3rd September 2008, 15:02
check your accepting cookies as well

badasssaxo
13th October 2008, 20:15
A few times this evening when ive replied to a thread ive gone to post reply and have to log in again, why please.

Peasnall
13th October 2008, 22:25
does this too me to :wacko:

Scott
14th October 2008, 08:06
must be an issue at your end with cookies. Check your settings

MAS
14th October 2008, 08:09
i had a problem like this too and im sure it was the cookies messing about after that i restarted the browser and it was fine!

NickB
15th October 2008, 15:54
nothing to do with cookies i dont think...

its done it to me all day and if u look at active users it will jump from like 7 people to 30 odd constantly so the site is obviously logging people out

tom130691
15th October 2008, 16:39
i been logged out few times

Simo
15th October 2008, 19:23
If you have your browser setup to remember your login details you shouldn't be logged out EVEN if the server does have an issue. On these occasions your session will be deleted, but when you refresh the page you will still be logged in (or re-logged in automatically).

If this doesnt apply, then its a problem with your browser.

If you do NOT select remember me in your browser settings and the server DOES have a problem you WILL be logged out. THats just the way things work ;)

badasssaxo
21st October 2008, 20:03
Just happened to me again for the 12th time in a week.

kezz
21st October 2008, 20:42
mines bin doing this today!! its a pain!

adam19
21st October 2008, 23:38
mines fine :p keeps me logged in all the time when i open webpage :p

autocustoms
22nd October 2008, 14:30
same here go from one forum to another and im logged out

Simo
28th October 2008, 12:52
I know there is like an automatic log out thing that signs you out of the forum if you've been inactive for like 10 minutes or something like that.

But sometimes I randomly get logged off the forum even though it's only been about a minute since I last posted.

Is there any way you can change the automatic log off setting for your own profile etc.?

Pissy

x

This problem has been replicated and troubleshooted. It shouldn't happen again. (MySQL restart)