PDA

View Full Version : Puddles....

qrty
6th September 2008, 22:36
Drove through a puddle today was unavoidable as there was a car the other side of the road, passenger arch cover came off! :( Then driving home earlier went through a puddle only a few inches deep at about 20mph and the car almost stalled and the engine light and oil light came on. Engine managed not to stalled and the engine light went off! Now the oil light is still on though! Also brake warning light is on very dim, theese lights came on and off all the way sometimes dim sometimes bright! Checked the oil and the engine sounds ok, no damage to report!

Any ideas? :s

I will plug my laptop into the car later just wondered if anyone had any similar expiriences?

Guessing saxo's dont like water! :homme:

Marcos
7th September 2008, 00:27
i had same experience after i went through a wagon wash what had happend was it short cuircuted one of the oil sensors think was low oil one and more the car warmed up brighter the lights got both came on as handbrake light also means stop cost me £16 to get it sorted in garage

Marcos
7th September 2008, 00:30
the thread (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116447) i made when it happend to mine

mtpagey
7th September 2008, 08:04
sounds like you're not having much luck...

let the car dry out (if thats at all possible with our lovely british weather) and if problems persist i'd get either a garage to check it over, up on the ramps, or get the haynes manual out and do it yourself :)

if you've checked the engine and oil etc then its probably just water gotten between connections/forced them apart.