PDA

View Full Version : Football Season Ticket Holder?

jacko87
17th September 2008, 21:18
Just wondering how many people on here have season tickets for their football team?

I've had a season ticket every season since 1994 for Middlesbrough Football Club, would be sound to meet up with members at away matches etc.! :y:

immense
17th September 2008, 21:22
I'm a membership holder at Chelsea and have been going since 1993 with my dad. Can't really afford a season ticket and the travelling costs week in week out otherwise I would get one. Don't really have any problems getting tickets though as a member, even got to Valencia away last season in the Champions League - was brilliant.

jacko87
17th September 2008, 21:24
i've been to Wembley (old one) a few times, one of them to see Boro play Chelsea in the FA Cup Final, 1997 i think - got beat like :( Di Matteo after like 16 seconds or something :wall:

immense
17th September 2008, 21:26
i've been to Wembley (old one) a few times, one of them to see Boro play Chelsea in the FA Cup Final, 1997 i think - got beat like :( Di Matteo after like 16 seconds or something :wall:
Lol, I went to that game too.

Good old days.

jacko87
17th September 2008, 21:29
Definately! Nothing will be the UEFA Cup Final in 06 though, we got hammered by Sevilla but it was just the best day out ever! :drink::drink::drink: haha

Lol, I went to that game too.

Good old days.

scammell-29
17th September 2008, 21:41
Season ticket holder at Bristol City for the last 2 seasons, couldnt afford it before that because its hard to get to from my town but been supporting them all my life, dad used to take me.

Best game ive been to? FA Cup 4th Round replay, Feb 07. Flew up to newcastle, stayed there all day, went to boro, amazing game even though we lost on pens, then stayed over in newcastle and flew back next day!

Been to millenium stadium for play off final against Brighton in 03? We lost 1-0 to a dodgy penalty.

Went to wembley in may for play off final, lost to hull :( shocking.

jacko87
17th September 2008, 22:04
best buzz when we won the Carling Cup in 2004 against Bolton at the Millenium :A:

Season ticket holder at Bristol City for the last 2 seasons, couldnt afford it before that because its hard to get to from my town but been supporting them all my life, dad used to take me.

Best game ive been to? FA Cup 4th Round replay, Feb 07. Flew up to newcastle, stayed there all day, went to boro, amazing game even though we lost on pens, then stayed over in newcastle and flew back next day!

Been to millenium stadium for play off final against Brighton in 03? We lost 1-0 to a dodgy penalty.

Went to wembley in may for play off final, lost to hull :( shocking.

scammell-29
17th September 2008, 22:07
Take it you didnt come down our place for the FA Cup?

Your ground is rather quiet, or was that night. I still have pics and videos of us lot somewhere, that was my first away game on my own and was amazing, even if the train did break down on way back t newcastle and had to wait for coaches. Was so proud that night that my club had gone head to head with an established Premier League club over 2 games

titchster
18th September 2008, 03:51
Was a ticket holder for Nottingham Forest for the last 2 seasons, didnt bother renewing this season though, cause by the time I get home Im rushing around for work, and really not in the mood. :(

Best buzz was definately a couple of seasons ago when we played Swindon, could tell before the game started it was gonna be a good un. We won 7-1. :A:

leesaxo1000cc
18th September 2008, 07:30
Season ticket holder for 15 seasons (so far) at my local side Burton Albion. Is the town I was born and raised in, dad took me to my first game about 5 years old and i loved it!

Best moment? Holding Man U to a draw at our place a couple of years ago in the FA Cup 3rd Round - Earlier in the same season we have also beaten them 2-1 in the official opening game for the stadium :D

Clouds_mate
18th September 2008, 07:35
I also went to the match where Chelsea had Boro 2-0 in 1997 lol. Fricking awesome day out.

Im same as Immense. Im a member at Chelsea. I cant afford money and time to be travelling to London for every match. Also my dad cant go to every match and a mate of mine who i also go to games with works most Saturdays so kinda screws that up.

Been going to Chelsea matches since 1990 with my old man.

jacko87
18th September 2008, 07:47
I'll be the first to admit that in recent seasons, games at the Riverside (minus deby games v Newcastle/Sunderland), the atmosphere has been awful - it pretty much has been since those days back in 1995-1998, when we had Juninho, Ravenelli and all the Brazilians etc. This season has picked up though, everyone is expecting higher again so it's good - although i'm at every home game, i go to about 14 out of the 19 Away games in a season as the atmosphere with Boro fans on the road is the best - everyone just goes wild haha! :drink::drink::drink:

Take it you didnt come down our place for the FA Cup?

Your ground is rather quiet, or was that night. I still have pics and videos of us lot somewhere, that was my first away game on my own and was amazing, even if the train did break down on way back t newcastle and had to wait for coaches. Was so proud that night that my club had gone head to head with an established Premier League club over 2 games

jacko87
18th September 2008, 07:48
did you go to the Zenith Data Final, Boro V Chelsea at Stamford Bridge? All the Chelsea fans were throwing bricks and stuff over a the Boro fans as there was some construction work going on! I wasn't htere as i was only 3, but my Dad went! Get some good fights with Chelsea - they love it like us! Not me personally though :wall:

I also went to the match where Chelsea had Boro 2-0 in 1997 lol. Fricking awesome day out.

Im same as Immense. Im a member at Chelsea. I cant afford money and time to be travelling to London for every match. Also my dad cant go to every match and a mate of mine who i also go to games with works most Saturdays so kinda screws that up.

Been going to Chelsea matches since 1990 with my old man.

AM4R
18th September 2008, 10:59
had a man utd one 2 seasons ago, was awesome, but started uni since and cant drive down all the time now, was the best thing i ever did though!

seat-craig
18th September 2008, 12:30
im a watford season tcket holder have been for two seasons now. jacko any chance of getting adam johnson back he is an absolute legend

Dan
18th September 2008, 13:44
I used to be a season ticket holder at the boro for about 5 years but couldnt afford to keep it once year and havnt had one since.

Still go to the games when I can though.

Peejous
18th September 2008, 13:47
Apparently Man City have sent out letters to all season ticket holders warning them that due to the takeover that at their next home game there might be someone sat next to them.

Yates
18th September 2008, 13:54
i had a season ticket for boro from about 94 to 02, also had one for darlo for two seasons, hardly get to matches now as i work away from home

jacko87
18th September 2008, 14:00
cool, where abouts did you sit? and where do you sit when you go now? or do you just sit wherever?

I used to be a season ticket holder at the boro for about 5 years but couldnt afford to keep it once year and havnt had one since.

Still go to the games when I can though.

scammell-29
21st September 2008, 10:36
im a watford season tcket holder have been for two seasons now. jacko any chance of getting adam johnson back he is an absolute legend

What happened yesterday with that goal?! lol

SAXOSi
22nd September 2008, 10:22
Jacko - I went to the Bolton v Boro final. My work got me tickets for my 21st, brilliant day but I'd take watching my team infront of 200 people any day.

leesaxo1000cc - Ive been to B albion a few times, well the "old" ground. Some good days out, even played against your Supporters Club on the back pitch.

As for the question, I dont have a season ticket as I dont pay to get in as I do Football Secretary work for the club so I pay out far more than I would on the gate. But I've been following Grantham Town FC home and away for just over 10years. Last week I left Mallorca Saturday morning and got to our home game 10mins in :D 1000+ miles to see a defeat though haha

saintsfan
22nd September 2008, 12:48
i had a southampton season ticket for the last 4 seasons. was lucky enough to see all the saints v pompey games while we were up in the prem, had some great seasons. used to be sellouts every week. i miss those days. only reason i dnt have a ticket now is due to work and college.

phillyh
22nd September 2008, 13:38
I was a season ticket holder at Tranmere Rovers from about 93-06, I now work, go to uni etc and dont really have time to go to many matches now!

Have some amazing memories though, Worthington Cup Final, beating Southampton 4-3 after being 3-0 down for most of the match and beating everton 0-3 at goodison in the FA cup, now that was amazing!

fisherposh
22nd September 2008, 17:36
I was a Peterborough United season ticket holder a few years ago but now with uni and work i can only get to the odd game, just as we've got the best team we've probably ever had!