PDA

View Full Version : 1st Install

Daniel_VTR
17th August 2005, 21:50
Well ive read alot of topics on here and guess that you lot dont like 6x9s smileys/smiley17.gif and that im better off spendin my money on sum new front door componets or sumthin lol, i want kick ass sound and clear bass, with a reaonable budget, also how do your replace the rear speakers in the back of my saxo :S

percy
17th August 2005, 21:51
dont bothe with the back speakers as they are shit cut the wires 2 them smileys/smiley17.gif

Daniel_VTR
18th August 2005, 22:00
lol so were all my sounds gonna be comin from smileys/smiley17.gif

jaybiss
19th August 2005, 05:26
from where they shud b

the front smileys/smiley17.gif

wideboy
19th August 2005, 06:08
u need to remove the whole back panels to get at the rears, bit of an operation if you havent got the right tools or patience

good call on the 6*9s, they suck - theres no need for them.

set of good components and a decent sub(s) - 10 inch for punch, 12 inch for long deep notes. get one or the other, not both as itl sound rank tbh

Daniel_VTR
19th August 2005, 22:07
so basically im gonna get clearer n louder by removin the rear speakers smileys/smiley17.gif buyin sum new front components, and a desent head unit, prob go for 10" sub, what else could i put in the back?

wideboy
19th August 2005, 23:11
you can still have back speakers mate, but the standard ones r guff. but phase them out slightly on the headunit

u'll need a good amp to run the sub, and if u can - run the front components on a seperate amp too

a lot of people use this basic setup and it sounds good

Daniel_VTR
19th August 2005, 23:57
so ill run my FCS off an amp under my seat or sumwere else yea? what gunna be the best thing to do with my rears and 6x9s in parcel shelf?

wideboy
20th August 2005, 00:30
NO 6*9s !!!!!!!!!!! they sound shit

1.front comps off amp at front (can b located anywhere you like within reason)

2.sub off of seperate amp in boot

3.upgrade rear speakers, but then phase them out slightly - using the headunit. these can be just run straight from headunit without need of an amp

just leave your parcel shelf alone, but if u do deficate it - put components there rather than 6*9s

Daniel_VTR
21st August 2005, 02:59
same kinda components as front?? ive only got 6x9s in there cuz they were allreadi there smileys/smiley17.gif

wideboy
21st August 2005, 19:26
any kind u like mate, its your car

but for the good of mankind...get rid of those 6x9s

Daniel_VTR
21st August 2005, 23:28
i no its my car smileys/smiley17.gif but i have no idea whats what smileys/smiley17.gif jus lookin for advice smileys/smiley4.gif

Hotlad00
22nd August 2005, 19:55
right dude, u want to check out sites like newimagecarhifi.com or any advertised in max power for best deals, first jobs a sub n amp, for maximum bass u want a dual-coiled jobby, audiobahn are the daddys for this sort of stuff, depending on ur price range id look at about 600w
rms sub and about same amp, but buy it as a package (sub n amp deal) hopefully will come with wiring kit, get urself some seperate tweeters, boschman do a decent set for really cheap like 15 quid or so. these want mounting anywhere in front of you, i put mine where my wing mirror controler used to be, ur ears pic up sound better from the front (scientific fact!) then like the other guys say get some components, but id keep ur 6x9s till u get some go for sub an amp first, an oh yeah i still got my 6x9s in and my system is awsome, shakes ma house windows when im in the drive so cant be that shit lol

Daniel_VTR
22nd August 2005, 21:54
cheers hotlad, ill go check them out, what shall i look at buyin for my FCS?

Hotlad00
22nd August 2005, 22:01
your wot?

Daniel_VTR
22nd August 2005, 22:32
front components smileys/smiley17.gif

Hotlad00
23rd August 2005, 01:19
audio bahn or vibe are ur best bet

wideboy
24th August 2005, 00:11
making windows shake doesnt mean its good. you want a system that picks up every part of the musical range - not just a constant thumping...!!

Daniel_VTR
24th August 2005, 03:08
thats what im thinking! ideas for that wideboy??

jaybiss
24th August 2005, 03:21
making windows shake doesnt mean its good. you want a system that picks up every part of the musical range - not just a constant thumping...!!

totally agree with you joe smileys/smiley2.gif

depends how much uve got to spend mate

wideboy
24th August 2005, 03:22
as iv already mentioned mate

have a look through some of this forum for ideas on what r decent products, people have different opinions

for example - im not a huge fan of audiobahn, even tho they look nice. but other people will swear by them...

ur choice

Daniel_VTR
24th August 2005, 21:34
http://www.newimagecarhifi.net/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduc t=362
http://www.newimagecarhifi.net/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduc t=349
http://www.newimagecarhifi.net/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduc t=984

they off the website that i got directed to, any of them seem ok??

i got told to match a whole system so have everything like JBL or pioneer or sony or whatever, is that the best thing to do?

Daniel_VTR
24th August 2005, 23:27
add the edit button someone smileys/smiley17.gif

rear speakers, i canonly find coaxial one not components. is that normal??

which of these to go with??

wideboy
25th August 2005, 00:23
coax' r fine for the back as you dont need as much sound from them anyway

Daniel_VTR
25th August 2005, 02:38
kwl kwl, what you reckon on them speakers wideboy? any of them seem ok? i aint got a clue what to buy!

i just stripped all my door panels off, and removed the standars speakers, shall i just wire of the current wires or is it worth re wiring?

Daniel_VTR
25th August 2005, 22:18
any ideas??

D_Man
31st August 2005, 00:40
take a look at my components. they are vibe ones and they sound awsome linked onto my 500 watt amp. its in this topic some where.

jimmy16v
2nd September 2005, 16:07
my 6x9s sound awsome aswell, only coz i built my own mdf shelf tho, sound fukin garbage on the standard shelf. its too thin to get any sound n bass from the speakers. my system rocks aswell but i cant stand destortion so set it up perfect so it thumps but nice crisp sound too

Daniel_VTR
4th September 2005, 00:37
i got custom amade inch thick shelf neways, i got to alpine digital amps, mutant X 6x9's (sorri!) 2 mutatn X 600Watt 10"Subs, Vibe 4" rears and Vive 5.25 for the front, and got ma new sony head unit smileys/happy.gif

darkguyver_2002
7th September 2005, 06:25
dont see what problem everyone has with 6x9s, i have JBL front components, 5" 1/4 inch alpine rear speakers, 1000W JBL sub n Amp in the boot and then went for infinity 6x9s running off an 400W JBL amp. Will be the first to admit that their not bassy but they added some great mid n treble to my system.. its probably just personal preference.