PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE - Automatic re-sizing of externally linked images.

Simo
26th October 2008, 23:31
Something that frustrates a lot of people is other members linking images via img-tags, which are far too large to display 'normally', meaning the page display is distorted. Quite a few memebrs have requested an automatic linked-image re-sizer to be used via Saxperience... this has now been activated.

As normal, images 'attached' via the Premium Member attachment button http://www.saxperience.com/forum/images/editor/attach.gif will continue to be auto-resized during uploading and will be displayed as a thumbnail, which opens full-size via a lightbox when clicked/hovered over.

From now on ALL externally linked images (via IMG-tags), which are larger then either 800 pixels wide, or 650 pixels high, will be re-sized (client side) and a link will be provided to view the full-size image. In the future, a lightbox viewer may be coupled to this auto-resize feature, but for now, it should function just fine. :A:

Please do not use this as an excuse to post LARGE files... members still have to download large file sizes before the display is auto-sized, which slows things down for everyone.

Think before you post/link... forum displayed images should not be larger than 800x600 pixels ideally.

Sadly, this will mean the end of Rem's ridiculously sized Cat images :geek:

Size restrictions will also apply to signature images... the rule on this for many years has been a maximum of 468x60 pixels.

Please let me know any issues you experience with this feature, so they can be resolved quickly.

TEST IMAGE >>>

http://www.saxperience.com/stuff/big_test.jpg

Paul
26th October 2008, 23:33
Good update simo, but you posted in wrong section. tut.

alex19
26th October 2008, 23:34
Should have closed the window Simo', you could have shaved 0.5 off your lap time. :)

Good update though, Thank you.

Rep and now no more big pics, Ouch Rem.

Simo
26th October 2008, 23:37
Good update simo, but you posted in wrong section. tut.

Sitewide community announcements (involveing functionality) are always posted in gen chat, with an expiring re-direct link. The post actually resides in the Announcements forum.

Surprised you didnt know that.. tut, tut :P

Paul
26th October 2008, 23:39
Sitewide community announcements (involveing functionality) are always posted in gen chat, with an expiring re-direct link. The post actually resides in the Announcements forum.

Surprised you didnt know that.. tut, tut :P

Involving*

...I'll quit whilst i'm ahead :oops:

djrem
26th October 2008, 23:45
Should have closed the window Simo', you could have shaved 0.5 off your lap time. :)

Good update though, Thank you.

Rep and now no more big pics, Ouch Rem.

im fucked.

ps.
Top update Simo. x

Simo
26th October 2008, 23:46
im fucked.

ps.
Top update Simo. x

I even gave you a special mention ;)

Sadly, this will mean the end of Rem's ridiculously sized Cat images :geek:

Giggz
26th October 2008, 23:52
Good Update will make the forums look alot tidier when image's are linked. :y:

djrem
27th October 2008, 00:20
I even gave you a special mention ;)

I spied.
I like the fact it took longcat warfare to make a point.

Move aside Mr Bush. Im cleaning up Iraq.
One longcat at a time. x

Mieran
27th October 2008, 00:21
You should make me a mod now tbh Simo, I'm sure 99.9% of the members here will agree with me.

kk brb x

Chr15
27th October 2008, 00:22
No, sorry.

Robb
27th October 2008, 10:03
Longcat, gone but not forgotten.

Chr15
27th October 2008, 10:20
I have preserved its soul on Photobucket.