PDA

View Full Version : Not a bug : Views not adding up?

Luke
18th November 2008, 09:28
This might not be a problem, but when in the 'views' column of a thread, I thought it was updated per click everytime someone viewed it but now it seems to update every so often?

Has this always been the case? Sure it isn't....

Matt_e
18th November 2008, 13:51
This might not be a problem, but when in the 'views' column of a thread, I thought it was updated per click everytime someone viewed it but now it seems to update every so often?

Has this always been the case? Sure it isn't....

yeah i spotted this the other day, im sure it used to go up with every person the clicked on it

Agent-VIP
18th November 2008, 21:45
As far as i know, vbulletin views, runs on a cron :) (Basically, the server runs a file, which will update it every X minutes/hours/days/weeks)

Paul
18th November 2008, 22:40
It definately used to be every time someone viewed it, it went up +1 straight away.

Simo
19th November 2008, 21:38
I changed this option a while ago, whilst we were trying to remove some load off the server. The thread views currently dont update instantly - its not a high priority thing to change back really. It will probably stay as it is...

Luke
19th November 2008, 21:42
I changed this option a while ago, whilst we were trying to remove some load off the server. The thread views currently dont update instantly - its not a high priority thing to change back really. It will probably stay as it is...

I just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me, but cheers Simo :)