PDA

View Full Version : PS Home Beta

Simo
29th November 2008, 18:15
Anyone tried out the Playstation Home Beta?

I got an email invite earlier and tried it out.. its pretty funky! :P

Looks very similar to some of the XBox features, with character dress up, etc.

Talking to randoms in the bowling ally, is entertaining. Wonder when the strip club download gets released? :P

Karl
29th November 2008, 18:17
You've got animated characters now too?
Nice. :D

Graeme
29th November 2008, 18:19
not seen it yet

*goes and checks emails for invite*

Simo
29th November 2008, 18:23
not seen it yet

*goes and checks emails for invite*

My email invite expires on Monday 1st.

Our Dani is experimenting with it at the moment. Seems pretty cool, but not sure how much it will be used once the novelty wares off.. like by Tuesday :P

Graeme
29th November 2008, 18:25
My email invite expires on Monday 1st.

Our Dani is experimenting with it at the moment. Seems pretty cool, but not sure how much it will be used once the novelty wares off.. like by Tuesday :P

LOL true

i must spend about 30 seconds on the dash board and thats seing whos online :homme:

James
29th November 2008, 18:29
*crys*

Why won't they let me have it, i've been waiting since 2007 :(

Scott
29th November 2008, 18:46
no doubt it will be like the wii mii and the xbox erm not sure what they have labelled it as but its boring as hell after 10m mins!

lukowski14
29th November 2008, 20:41
its actually pretty smart, and you can go back to it after 10 mins, to play pool, chess or arcade games, or just to hook up with mates.

it is tho only a beta and as such it dosn't have alot going on, the shopping centre is empty, and there is no additional furniture etc. for your apartment.

but its looking very promising.

btw i got mine by talking to a mate of a mate on the PS3 - bascially he gave me his account login details and i went away and created a new user on my PS3 and then went to set up a PSN account and clicked " use existing account ". I signed in then entered the PS Store and checked past downloads and selected Home and downloaded it on to my HD.

He said he had given loads of people the chance to download it from his account to their Playstations, what a legend !

Chr15
29th November 2008, 21:09
no doubt it will be like the wii mii and the xbox erm not sure what they have labelled it as but its boring as hell after 10m mins!

NXE (new xbox experience).

Still not too happy with it. My mate has a ps3 but if i asked him what home was he'd be like Huh? Thats how often he uses it.

chapperlin
10th December 2008, 09:12
The open beta starts tomorrow for anyone still interest

alex19
10th December 2008, 09:34
Still not too happy with it. My mate has a ps3 but if i asked him what home was he'd be like Thats how often he uses it.

Rofl!

Thing is with console's.. people want to play the game and not the the dashboard thing with fancy stuff.

I remember some guy trying to argue with me over a screenshot of the 360 dashboard when it first came out with no theme on it, and a video of home on the PS3 saying it was miles better all this that and the other. That was like june 2007? And it's still not out ;)

Graeme
10th December 2008, 11:06
Rofl!

Thing is with console's.. people want to play the game and not the the dashboard thing with fancy stuff.

I remember some guy trying to argue with me over a screenshot of the 360 dashboard when it first came out with no theme on it, and a video of home on the PS3 saying it was miles better all this that and the other. That was like june 2007? And it's still not out ;)

thats because the ps3 is more advanced than the xbox ;)

MaRiO89
10th December 2008, 12:51
Home has been in development since the PS2..It was to be released on the PS2 then it was decided that it would be used on the PS3 instead so they had to change allsorts of stuff with the programming etc for it to work on the PS3..I personally cant wait for this, me and James have talked at length many times about how fun it will be..Also why do i never get these invites?! LOL

Apparently every single PS3 user will be able to access an open beta for home by the end of December..That came from sony actually so not a rumour..Woot!

chapperlin
10th December 2008, 13:43
Home has been in development since the PS2..It was to be released on the PS2 then it was decided that it would be used on the PS3 instead so they had to change allsorts of stuff with the programming etc for it to work on the PS3..I personally cant wait for this, me and James have talked at length many times about how fun it will be..Also why do i never get these invites?! LOL

Apparently every single PS3 user will be able to access an open beta for home by the end of December..That came from sony actually so not a rumour..Woot!

Ive had access to home since August :p

As i mentioned above the open beta is available to everybody from tomorrow. There is actually an age limit which is currently 18+ but will be changing to 16+ from tomorrow

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/12/10/playstation-home-open-beta-launches-tomorrow/

http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=b_EN_PS3_Home&thread.id=55422

MaRiO89
10th December 2008, 14:17
lol Chapperlin..you bastard..:P

So the open beta which i'm thinking about is tomorrow? Mint..:D

James
10th December 2008, 16:05
http://www.engadget.com/2008/12/10/playstation-home-launching-globally-on-11-december/

Red Bull air race FTW

d4r3n
10th December 2008, 23:24
this looks good but how do we get it got to download it or something ?

lukowski14
10th December 2008, 23:43
this looks good but how do we get it got to download it or something ?

hey daz lol - you on COD tonight ? i saw you just signed out tho

anyway, its meant to be available for download from the PStore from tommorow, i think the PAL territory sees the PStore update as soon as 4AM sometimes, so from then, but i'm on the beta anyway

GreenSaxo
11th December 2008, 14:38
http://uk.playstation.com/games-media/news/articles/detail/item134875/PlayStation-Home-opens-its-doors/

daz_rt_04
11th December 2008, 18:00
I dont get any of this mumble jumble? also my Playstation store wont open atm...

lukowski14
11th December 2008, 18:15
I dont get any of this mumble jumble? also my Playstation store wont open atm...

because they are updating the Store, with Home

Bowey
11th December 2008, 18:20
looks kool can you fight people lol?

daz_rt_04
11th December 2008, 18:21
i've never heard of it before? so you download it from the ps3 store?

GreenSaxo
11th December 2008, 18:50
my "store" is going really slow and keeps timing out. hmmmmmm they better hurry up.

lukowski14
11th December 2008, 19:19
my beta from a while back still isn't connecting properly btw

EDIT: i'm online now, wooo - HOME

James
12th December 2008, 04:51
Got online this morning, am nocturnal at the moment..

Pool table/bowling and communicating with people rocks.. it's so busy and everyone is like uber friendly. It's rather peverted though, soon as people see a lass everyone crowds round them etc..

Massive sausage fest,

Thearte is also awesome.

MarkyG
12th December 2008, 08:01
My store has been giving me a bit of jip, but all sorted now, just d/l Home as I type this. Looks ok, will give it a bash and go crowd round women lol!

MARTYN19588
12th December 2008, 11:13
[QUOTE=James;2787730] It's rather peverted though, soon as people see a lass everyone crowds round them etc..

Massive sausage fest,
QUOTE]

ha noticed that aswell when i went on this mornin. even herd some1 say they was goin to change into a female cause they get more attention. just scored like 203 on the bowling. 5 strikes in a row ftw!!!

daz_rt_04
12th December 2008, 11:18
tbh, im abit disapointed. it took 2 years to create this 'fuck about'?

and then its $1 for a plastic duck etc.... sorta ripping the gaming freaks who already paid top whack on release night for the actual console do you not think?

just think alot of people will be disapointed.

I didnt even know about home till last night. thank fuck i didnt get my hopes up and waited 2 years to complete my life.

lukowski14
12th December 2008, 14:40
tbh, im abit disapointed. it took 2 years to create this 'fuck about'?

and then its $1 for a plastic duck etc.... sorta ripping the gaming freaks who already paid top whack on release night for the actual console do you not think?

just think alot of people will be disapointed.

I didnt even know about home till last night. thank fuck i didnt get my hopes up and waited 2 years to complete my life.

maybe mate, but it aint about the downloadable content, thats a bonus tbh - anyway, i got everything in the store now, free, as i was on the closed beta, even the Summer house, is nice.