PDA

View Full Version : Launch of Saxperience E-Garage...

Simo
20th December 2008, 00:02
For quite some time we have been casually chatting about the launch of a garage system within the Saxperience Community. I have now looked into this in some detail and have found a supported system, which will continue to be developed as the forum develops.

The Saxperience E-Garage is available for ALL members to view, but only Premium Members can add their cars and details.

There are many, many features available within this system, many of which will require your help to setup properly. Myself and Graeme have setup all of the Saxo models available to choose from a drop down list. Other makes/models of cars can be added... or you can add/suggest them yourself.

Some features allow you to add new items directly, where as other features must be placed into a moderation queue for approval by a moderator.

Please start to populate the E-Garage with retailers, garages, manufacturers, etc... and begin to add products as modifications, such as Pipercross induction kit, Spax 40mm lowering springs, etc, etc.

Once you have a look at this system, you will see that it is very comprehensive and will allow us to compare many vehicle options.

If there are any queries, problems or suggestions for improvement, please post within this thread.

Please also remember that this is a developing system, which will take atleast a couple of weeks to get up and running properly.

Please also remember - DO NOT abuse this system. Abusers will be dealt with accordingly. If this system gets abused repeatedly, it WILL be removed.

To access the E-Garage, click the link towards the top left of the forum, next to the Blog button.

Enjoy...

Simo

Ben
20th December 2008, 00:03
Sounds like a very good idea Simo :y:

VTEC-Saxo
20th December 2008, 00:04
soundsa great idea :D

Sammy-Boy
20th December 2008, 00:09
Yer liking this idea mate !

evans1089
20th December 2008, 01:13
its awsum, i've nearrly finished modifying my car :P

Mattt-VTR
20th December 2008, 02:39
Just noticed this, should be good! Will be adding mine tomorow :D

Simo
20th December 2008, 02:44
Its progressing well so far...

Please just remember to upload images smaller than 400kb and no greater than 800x600 pixels demensions. If you dont do this, the images wont upload and you'll be sat thre wondering why? :P

PLease also try to select modifications, garages, manufacturers, etc that already exist... and if they dont exist create them, but try to add proper details.

Please dont add things like me, myself, my mate, etc if you did a mod yourself. Ive edited these entries so there is a DIY field.

THe data you input has to be worthwhile, else its of no use to anyone. If this happens, I'll have to make it so that you can only choose items from drop down menus, which will be limiting for you guys.

Thanks
Simo

-Jason-
20th December 2008, 09:11
Sounds like a good idea will be cleaning mine this weekend for some new pics ;)

jacko87
20th December 2008, 09:27
Coming on nicely, definately going to get a Premium membership after Christmas for myself :)

Simo
20th December 2008, 10:44
For the two guys trying to add new models "Saxo" and "VTR" - these models have NOT been apprioved. Instead please select your model of Saxo from the drop down menu which includes all Saxo models. ;)

AlexB
20th December 2008, 11:34
hmmm ill have to pop my motors in there then lol

Steve
20th December 2008, 12:20
For quite some time we have been casually chatting about the launch of a garage system within the Saxperience Community. I have now looked into this in some detail and have found a supported system, which will continue to be developed as the forum develops.

The Saxperience E-Garage is available for ALL members to view, but only Premium Members can add their cars and details.

There are many, many features available within this system, many of which will require your help to setup properly. Myself and Graeme have setup all of the Saxo models available to choose from a drop down list. Other makes/models of cars can be added... or you can add/suggest them yourself.

Some features allow you to add new items directly, where as other features must be placed into a moderation queue for approval by a moderator.

Please start to populate the E-Garage with retailers, garages, manufacturers, etc... and begin to add products as modifications, such as Pipercross induction kit, Spax 40mm lowering springs, etc, etc.

Once you have a look at this system, you will see that it is very comprehensive and will allow us to compare many vehicle options.

If there are any queries, problems or suggestions for improvement, please post within this thread.

Please also remember that this is a developing system, which will take atleast a couple of weeks to get up and running properly.

Please also remember - DO NOT abuse this system. Abusers will be dealt with accordingly. If this system gets abused repeatedly, it WILL be removed.

To access the E-Garage, click the link towards the top left of the forum, next to the Blog button.

Enjoy...

Simo

your a good man simo a good man.

About time though :y:

Steve
20th December 2008, 12:25
Just had a quick look, lot of my stuff isnt on there so will add it all in later with proper details etc .
Scared to put the price in as al know how much i have spent :(

evans1089
20th December 2008, 12:58
Please dont add things like me, myself, my mate, etc if you did a mod yourself. Ive edited these entries so there is a DIY field.

Thanks
Simo

My bad! i didnt know what to do so i put those in! sorry !

MrHouston
20th December 2008, 14:00
Added mine woop I like it Simo.

Can we link our garage to show other people? Or will they need to be a member to view it?

Simo
20th December 2008, 14:03
Added mine woop I like it Simo.

Can we link our garage to show other people? Or will they need to be a member to view it?

Ive set it so that anybody can view, but only prmium members can add items... so if you link to your mates, thats fine.

Its also included within your user profile... I'll setup some other quick links in postbit or something later.

evans1089
20th December 2008, 14:22
Ive set it so that anybody can view, but only prmium members can add items... so if you link to your mates, thats fine.

Its also included within your user profile... I'll setup some other quick links in postbit or something later.

Sounds promising... there any chance of you to add an option of a video? so that you can relate it to your modification and 'how to fit' etc

Tim_W
20th December 2008, 16:32
Please just remember to upload images smaller than 400kb and no greater than 800x600 pixels demensions. If you dont do this, the images wont upload and you'll be sat thre wondering why? :P

I spent about 10 min's doing just that until i came back here and found out what was wrong :D Is there anyway to add a pop up box that warns you your pictures are too big ?
All in all this is a great feature and i have allready spent a few hours playing about with it :y: Thank you for setting it up for us :y:

Tim :y:

Mark51
20th December 2008, 16:42
pics dont work for me, is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Aaron
20th December 2008, 17:56
where did u get this idea from thennn;)

Tim_W
20th December 2008, 18:05
pics dont work for me, is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Are you having trouble viewing them or uploading them ?

evans1089
20th December 2008, 18:57
where did u get this idea from thennn;)

ive seen it on sheffcruise before :y:

Mark51
20th December 2008, 19:03
Are you having trouble viewing them or uploading them ?

just viewing

c8james
20th December 2008, 20:53
I now have a reason to be a prem member again. Likeing it lots.

Simo
21st December 2008, 00:30
just viewing

you cant view the thumbnails, o ryouy cant view the images in larger size when you click them?

Ive had a few issues with the lightbox when viewing full size images. I thought that was due to the beta-browser version im using though.

More details fella...

MAS
21st December 2008, 02:47
thats awesome just had a look at it now and have to say its a perfect way for modders to get there cars noticed!

Simo
21st December 2008, 03:03
you cant view the thumbnails, o ryouy cant view the images in larger size when you click them?

Ive had a few issues with the lightbox when viewing full size images. I thought that was due to the beta-browser version im using though.

More details fella...

Just to confirm, there is a problem with images... I think i have this sorted now, but unfortunately many of the photos already uploaded have been deleted and will need to be uplaoded again. :(

Sorry... this is the danger when using modified tools, such as this - theyre never perfect :(

Baz
21st December 2008, 03:05
Your just wanting me to become a Premium member again Simo lol

Mark51
21st December 2008, 11:53

More details fella...

when i click on the profile of the car i get no picture mate

-Jason-
21st December 2008, 11:58
Mine keeps crashing when I click on the pic to enlarge it?

MikeCracknell
21st December 2008, 12:31
I am able to view the images, but not upload any

evans1089
21st December 2008, 12:34
Just to confirm, there is a problem with images... I think i have this sorted now, but unfortunately many of the photos already uploaded have been deleted and will need to be uplaoded again. :(

Sorry... this is the danger when using modified tools, such as this - theyre never perfect :(

it wont upload my pictures now simo!!

Simo
21st December 2008, 16:09
IF you press CTRL & F5, the pictures you are having problems viewing will indicate as NOT there. As I said, this is because the images have been deleted.

The uploading of images works as normal. If you are having problems with images not uploading it is likely that you are uploading an image, which is larger than 400kb.

Remember, this is not my software, its something ive installed due to popular demand. It will take me some time to de-bug and fix... something , which I wasn;t particularly wanting to have to do!!

Mark51
21st December 2008, 20:17
sorted, i just uploaded the pciture again and now they all seem to be working

Mr_suv
21st December 2008, 20:19
i have to say simo i like it and i will be renewing my membership after new years on my first paycheque

Simo
22nd December 2008, 00:01
So, youve had a chance to play ith this now... any more thoughts?

I know the images are a little fiddly, but I now think I understand how to stop them from screwing up :P

dsh85
22nd December 2008, 00:09
pow! ive just uploaded all 3!

im liking the addidition after getting used to it! cant really pick any faults or add any better ideas! good job

Ryan
22nd December 2008, 00:25
its good, a few images keep spacking out, and everynow and again the price needs to be dited in as it removes it but alls good, I like the adding rolling road graphs etc...

rossj
22nd December 2008, 01:14
Absolutly immense bit depressing though seeing the total spent :D

Really annoying about the images though as all of mine are huge so im going to have to re size all of them :(

Also added a few catagorys but think i should have been a bit more specific i.e exact parts so perhaps needs a bit more filtering/guidance

Simo
22nd December 2008, 02:19
Absolutly immense bit depressing though seeing the total spent :D

Really annoying about the images though as all of mine are huge so im going to have to re size all of them :(

Also added a few catagorys but think i should have been a bit more specific i.e exact parts so perhaps needs a bit more filtering/guidance

TBH - offline image resizing is very simple... why take time to upload large files and put more strain on the sax-p server... when you can resize befor eyou upload. THis is the way the internet used to work until recent on-the-fly image resizers started to be used ;)

chriswoodward
22nd December 2008, 12:16
absolutely love the garage great addition to sax-p well done everyone involved!!