PDA

View Full Version : BALD TYRES!!!! HELP!!!

dandaman2005
30th September 2005, 14:42
Hi all,

Fucking gay little story. Went to the garage to get my oil filter changed and the machanic told me that my front 2 tyres are more bald than my girfriends pussy!!

And thats bald lol.

Didnt realise it myself beacsude the outer tred it fine its the inner tred which dosnt had ANY tred AT ALL smileys/sad.gifsmileys/sad.gifsmileys/sad.gif

Cant afford any decent michaline tryes at the moment, so im looking to get 2 budget ones to tie me over.

Wheres the best place to get them??? Im in east Sussex!!

Best price i can get is £45 each, that includes fitting and balancing, but ive also been told that ill need the tracking done too smileys/smiley12.gif

Anyone know a good place??

Looked on E-bay and i can get 4 michalin "used" tryes but with road worthy tred for £60 inc delivery!!

Gonna cost me about £30 to get them fitted though!!! and tracking!!

Anyone know a good place??

Thanks Dan

DevilDamo
30th September 2005, 14:45
Just go to your local garage and get some budget tyres to get you through. Change them (if need be) when you run in to some more money.

By the way, does the mechanic know your girlfriend? How does he know what she's like in that department!?! smileys/smiley5.gif

Chris
30th September 2005, 14:48
I went to STS Man on Wheels (we have a few of them round where I live) and I got 2 Firestones for my old VTR wheels and they cost me £75 inc VAT for the pair and that was with Balancing and valve check!

Chris smileys/happy.gif

AdamW
30th September 2005, 14:59
Your missus is playing away...... smileys/smiley4.gif

rsands
30th September 2005, 15:02
mmm that is bit weird how he would know that lol smileys/smiley17.gif

DevilDamo
30th September 2005, 15:12
By the way Dan, it was lucky the mechanic did spot the low tread on the tyres. He has done you a favour.

If you were pulled over by the police, they can issue you with 3 points per tyre. If you were involved in an accident, god only knows what would have happened.

saxx
30th September 2005, 15:27
doesnt it mean somethin needs adjusting if your tyres wear in a specific place?

Chris
30th September 2005, 15:35
Yeah you need your tracking laser aligned!

Chris smileys/happy.gif

saxx
30th September 2005, 15:37
i hope the mechanic did that when he pointed out the tyres!

mike_obuk
30th September 2005, 17:35
Black Circles (http://www.blackcircles.com/order?_cmdexec=referral&pcode=1E419645&cid=MO00051161)

Try this site m8, they are awsome, i have used them a couple of times now, prices seem good, you can choose where you want them fitted and there is a god range available.

The price they show you includes everything, new valves, balancing and stuff, im getting some new tyres tomorrow from them. they have fitter all over the country.

oz_borne
30th September 2005, 21:18
That's a great site, and a bloody good name too!!!

I want 40's for my 16's, but they're too expensive, I'm looking at £342 for just tyres!!!!

smileys/smiley14.gif