PDA

View Full Version : PS3 tinterweb settings

Scott
18th January 2009, 19:15
I have just turned my PS3 off in a bit of a rage. I wasted 20 mins on COD5 trying to find a match and didnt manage one. Plenty of folk online and in various playlists but refused to find anyone in a lobby. I sat for 10 mins in team death match and nothing!

I checked my connection and my NAT is type 2, is this good or bad.

Online works fine on both laptops, 360 and wii

grantlowery
18th January 2009, 21:13
NAT type 2 is what your after mate.

whats your speed like?

alexsmith
18th January 2009, 21:25
same problem here mate

Scott
19th January 2009, 10:09
Speed is always 6>7.5mb

Ryyy
19th January 2009, 21:41
I have just turned my PS3 off in a bit of a rage. I wasted 20 mins on COD5 trying to find a match and didnt manage one. Plenty of folk online and in various playlists but refused to find anyone in a lobby. I sat for 10 mins in team death match and nothing!

I checked my connection and my NAT is type 2, is this good or bad.

Online works fine on both laptops, 360 and wii

Happened other day to me...Was waiting to play but no-one joined!
..Then tried with CoD4 and the same happened..I just restart my commy and then PS3 and it seems to be fine....For me atleast

Krys_23
19th January 2009, 22:18
Be like me get rid of the PS3 which is a waste of time in my opinion and get an xbox.

blythy
20th January 2009, 01:05
you might need to check which ports it uses and forward them on your router. try searching for which ports it uses and then you can use this site http://portforward.com/routers.htm to forward the ports.

might not fix it but worth a try, if it doesnt send me the game and il test it for you :)

Scott
20th January 2009, 09:39
Be like me get rid of the PS3 which is a waste of time in my opinion and get an xbox.

I already have an xbox and prefer it to the PS3.

you might need to check which ports it uses and forward them on your router. try searching for which ports it uses and then you can use this site http://portforward.com/routers.htm to forward the ports.

might not fix it but worth a try, if it doesnt send me the game and il test it for you :)

Thanks ill have a look. Dont get why it works most other times and is fine with the xbox and wii though

Simo
23rd January 2009, 10:25
Stop being a wuss... Turn off media server and/or get your network settings sorted for the ps3 and it will be gravy.

See my other thread for some info to try.

PS3 network settings for router problems (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=202101)

Scott
23rd January 2009, 17:07
thanks mate ill try this over the weekend.

PS3 is gay :D

Graeme
24th January 2009, 16:46
any luck yet scott??

my HDD is fooked so had to get a new one today from pc world! simos fitting it for me tonight so fingers crossed

Scott
26th January 2009, 14:18
i fucked off the media server setting as I couldnt be dicked with the static setup at the moment:P It seemed to work and I got a few games right away

Graeme
26th January 2009, 15:31
i fucked off the media server setting as I couldnt be dicked with the static setup at the moment:P It seemed to work and I got a few games right away

thing with cod it has poor servers on the ps3

its just a case of sticking with it

whats your username?

Simo
26th January 2009, 16:50
I dont usually have game connection problems.. unless I try to join a game with G, as his net connection is worse than dial up ;)