PDA

View Full Version : Subs Mounted in Back Seats

darkguyver_2002
5th October 2005, 21:16
Hey guys does anyone have any idea what would be needed to have a sub mounted in the rear seatback rest, apart from a sub n amp of course... smileys/smiley17.gif it would be handy if any could supply and idots guide. cheers

KAMENi
6th October 2005, 04:04
well, do you want to remove the rear seatback rest or play it through it?

jdman
6th October 2005, 04:26
dunno what darkguyver wants but i woz thinking of askin same question to have a sub play through the seat cheers if ya can help

KAMENi
6th October 2005, 16:27
well, same question to you...

if you play it through the seatback rest, it will be silenced, and if you remove the seatback rest, you'll have to make a new one and build-in a sub.
sub's box doesnt depend on this. it depends only on what type of ssound do you prefer

jdman
6th October 2005, 20:24
i think id rather play it through the seatback rest so then i can still have people in the bk. so how wud i go bout this?

Scott
6th October 2005, 20:57
why facing forwards?

subs should face the boot, the low sound waves take longer to become full waves and by boucning the sound off the back of the car you are giving the wave time to become complete hence louder

saxx
6th October 2005, 20:59
ok r u fittin them in the seats? im confused cos its not gunna get ne air is it?

jdman
6th October 2005, 22:40
hmmmm so u think subs facing the boot door are better kk. well i havent got a car just yet lookin for onesmileys/smiley4.gif jus planning ahead.

Yates
7th October 2005, 01:45
my mate had sum specially made sub holders for his back seats, they were fibre glassed onto the rear door cards and cud still fit ppl in, looked really smart aswel

w_jd_w
12th October 2005, 02:38
i dont understand why anyone would have subs facing away from the boot smileys/smiley5.gif

reevesy_vtr
12th October 2005, 02:57
the more points of referance a sound wave has the better the bass will sound (this is how a bose systems work). Also if you have your windows down a bit the bass SOUNDS louder but it is still at the same volume smileys/smiley5.gif.