PDA

View Full Version : resident evil 5 demo

craigy_87
25th January 2009, 13:10
seen the resident evil 5 demo is coming to live this monday
anyone else looking forward to it?

has multiplayer function aswell an spans two levels supposedly.
recently watched a newish video for it aswell an i cant wait now!! lol :homme:

Ferg
25th January 2009, 13:20
Saw a video on youtube a while ago ... Always been a fan of the Resident Evil Series.

Looks like i'll be getting this one also.

Looking forward to seeing what new features will be used.

Mrk1
25th January 2009, 13:23
This one looks very impressive, no doubt i'll be on the demo flatout come monday.
I've always been a fan of the RE series since it was on PS1 (still have the originals too!)
Just glad it's available on Xbox, anyone know the release date?

Ferg
25th January 2009, 13:25
http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/840168/Resident-Evil-5/Product.html

Play.com have got it down to 13/3/2009 ...

craigy_87
25th January 2009, 13:25
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=72K6GjHtsEQ (best watched in high quality)

seems its alot like resident evil 4 which i really enjoyed, i just wanna know the story lol

LuKa
25th January 2009, 21:26
I've actually played the demo about a month ago. I downloaded a Jap version of the demo which came out a while ago, which was actually region free and in english, and best of all works on a unmodded Xbox 360 and doesnt ban you from xbox live. I enjoyed it, if your a fan of RES 4 you will definely love it. Here's my plus's and negatives about it from my play through:

Good Points:
*Amazing graphics and lots of gore
*Co-Op with a mate online and offline works very well is rather tense when one of you runs out of ammo and have to pass over middle fight
*Story is interesting
*Punching zombies/villagers in the face and send them flying is fun

Bad Points:
*Slowish controls, it felt like Chris didnt want to turn in a hurry which makes you end up getting attacked from behind
*AI on your partner can tend to get in the way when your shooting

Ferg
26th January 2009, 23:50
Only managed to have a quick 5 minute blast today ...

Is it just me or has it got alot harder from the days I use to play on Playstation?

Chr15
26th January 2009, 23:55
I was going to DL it but some of us were in a party earlier. Ill DL it tomorrow while Im watching Shameless

djrem
27th January 2009, 00:11
Downloading it now.
Not in work till later, will have a bash in the morning.

Chr15
27th January 2009, 00:13
It is morning. Dont let anybody steal your cars from now on x

craigy_87
27th January 2009, 01:16
ahh bit bored of it now but still looking forward to the game

VTRelite
27th January 2009, 10:40
downloaded and played and is rock hard lol

djrem
27th January 2009, 11:42
Shit. Forgot to play with it.
Will do it when im home.
Although i've never been a fan of these games.

Mrk1
27th January 2009, 12:48
Its pretty insane I reckon! looks like the style & controls have been used from #4. Zombie just start flying in from everywhere! Imagine the partner could get in the way during parts of the game, reminds me of RE:Zero on the gamecube! But its very impressive so far!

Anyone sorted out the chainsaw guy yet?

craigy_87
27th January 2009, 16:06
lol yeah big axe guy an chainsaw dude have both died
really seems focused on co op work, i dont like everything still moving an attacking while your in the menu though

Ferg
27th January 2009, 16:35
That's exactly what I thought Craig ... I'm trying to give myself more health/ Sort out my ammo and i'm being railed by Zombies.

Prefered in the old PS games where the menu was on the start button.

Mr_X
27th January 2009, 20:54
not keen on it, a little bit of a let down. oh well, the finished product might be better

Blasé springs to mind.

Mike-VTR
27th January 2009, 21:27
i found the demo quite hard seeing as i ran out of ammo well quick and its impossible to beat a zombie with a chainsaw or fat axe, with a 5" knife

Ferg
27th January 2009, 22:01
Also ... I'm running out of ammo all the time, fair enough I think if I could mash people up with my knife .... But can you not actually move when the knife is equiped ... WTF??

craigy_87
27th January 2009, 22:04
big guy with the axe is not so bad but the chainsaw guy is pretty hard

its all about the explosive barrels an then uppercutting the big dude then a shotgun blast to the face lol

Mrk1
28th January 2009, 12:48
Best place to get ammo is from all the little boxes you can smash.
Tbh some aspects mentioned above of the demo are quite poor but I think/hope they will iron them out before the release.

craigy_87
28th January 2009, 14:35
yeah slash barrels, crates, fruit etc get ammo
plus in the first level if you run right up to the back right in a case there is a machine gun

djrem
28th January 2009, 14:48
What a wank game.
Sorry guys but for a third person shooter the controls are so restrictive.

Running should be default.
In the event the crappy little hut I pressed "X" to have a look in to peer at a ritual sacrifice is over run by rabid locals, I'd run away. Run.

My other issue is the aiming process. What the hell is wrong with that?
I want to run away and shoot.

Not walk briskly forwards.
Stop.
turn slowly round,
aim,
then shoot
and run out of ammo in no time at all.

Two player co-op? Bit to 90s for me.

Downloaded it expecting some scares and all I got was a "walking in Africa with people that run" Oxfam advert.

F.E.A.R 2 though. Now that looks funky and fucked up. x

Matty_VTR
28th January 2009, 19:57
JUst downloaded it and i think its terrible.. Im a die hard Resident evil fan.. I have pretty much every-game in the series, even the rubbish outbreak ones, apart from 1 or 2. I couldn't get used to the new look for Resi 4 and this is just pretty much Resi 4 with a bit better graphics and the co-op.

I'll probs end up buying it along the line but not untill the price is like £20 or sumit.

Mr_X
28th January 2009, 22:19
JUst downloaded it and i think its terrible.. Im a die hard Resident evil fan.. I have pretty much every-game in the series, even the rubbish outbreak ones, apart from 1 or 2. I couldn't get used to the new look for Resi 4 and this is just pretty much Resi 4 with a bit better graphics and the co-op.

I'll probs end up buying it along the line but not untill the price is like £20 or sumit.

R.E one and two are classics, still got them.

Ferg
29th January 2009, 00:22
Well put Rem ...

I just think it's so static ... Can't move when you're aiming or with the knife equipped ... GTF!

I remember when I use to play Resident Evil 1,2,3 ... I'd play with the lights off, volume up and literally shit my pants. Not anymore ... I want to shit my pants again. x

djrem
29th January 2009, 00:59
Condemed 2
F.E.A.R 2
Dead Space

All scarier games :)

Matty_VTR
29th January 2009, 13:35
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g130/matty_aygo/image_0001R.jpg

Havn't got my DS version of Resident evil or my N64 version of Resi 2 there.

Only need a few more for all of them... then Im going to try and get a hold of The directors cut and duel shock edition of resi 1 and 2

Im trying to get them all without using eBay. :geek:

djrem
29th January 2009, 13:56
[IMG]Im trying to get them all without using eBay. :geek:

When I want a book, I use a libary.
When I want something out of stock, old and used by someone else I use eBay or Nan.
EBay isnt cheating, its the answer. :y:

Ferg
29th January 2009, 14:27
Looking at those cases brings back memories ... Resident Evil 2 took over my life at one stage.

djrem
29th January 2009, 14:30
I had Resident Evil "Survivor" on Sega Saturn.
Was like Time Crisis but you control where you go using A+B to turn left and right.

Mrk1
29th January 2009, 14:34
Zero & 3:Nemesis were the most fun. Got to agree I miss the shit brick factor of RE games now, think they have been toned down in recent years :(

Matty_VTR
29th January 2009, 14:34
I still need to get Surviver series ones.. they are rubbish though.

craigy_87
29th January 2009, 15:00
resident evil 2 was amazing, not sure if they've been toned down or we have just became used to scarier things.

resi 3 was good but mine was a "copy" game an had cheats you could activate at the start so was far too easy lol

djrem
29th January 2009, 15:36
I can watch gore all day long.
The scariest things are the things you can't see.

Think thats why the original Alien film worked so well.
And games like F.E.A.R 2 and a Condemed.

craigy_87
29th January 2009, 15:58
i played fear 2 demo in the dark for the first time never having played fear 1 ..... i actually dropped abit of poop out

Ferg
29th January 2009, 16:28
Hahaha LOL @ dropped poop ...

I seriously don't like the camera angle over the shoulder ... preferred like in the original games were the camera was mounted in one fixed position in each room/street/corridor etc ...

I'm sorry but how can it be scary running around Africa in the DAYLIGHT! Needs to be dark, claustrophobic and alone. Co-op can GTF ... Survival horror is about getting through by yourself.

Bring back Raccoon City FTW!

(Also ~ how good were the intro movies to the orginal games ... Epic springs to mind. Are they on youtube?)

GrantW
29th January 2009, 16:34
(Also ~ how good were the intro movies to the orginal games ... Epic springs to mind. Are they on youtube?)

http://uk.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=resident+evil+intro+movie&aq=0&oq=resident+evil+intro+

Craigy - big shitebag :P FEAR isnt that bad!

djrem
29th January 2009, 16:36
Yeah buddy:
http://uk.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=resident+evil+2+intro+movie&aq=f
EDIT: Beaten. x

Matty_VTR
29th January 2009, 18:28
Im defo playing Resi 2 tonight! possibly my favorite out of the series.

<-- New Avatar too.

Ferg
29th January 2009, 20:46
Watching those intro vids brings back the memories ...

Resi 2 was my favourite as well.

rowza
29th January 2009, 21:42
I like this game And think its mint !!! only problem dosnt feel like Resident evil away Zombies talking ???

craigy_87
29th January 2009, 22:14
aw yeah resi 1 had actors for the openin an end vids i remember now lol

anyone seen in that vid for resi 5 jill's gravestone wtf!

Ferg
29th January 2009, 23:34
Are they actually Zombies in 5?

Matty_VTR
29th January 2009, 23:40
Are they actually Zombies in 5?

There just like the Las Plagas from Resi 4.. basicly they have a parasite inside them which makes them mental.

Ferg
29th January 2009, 23:55
Oh I see ... Have to admit I never played 4. Last Resi I owned was 3 and things are completely weird ... struggling to get my head round it.

craigy_87
30th January 2009, 00:01
resi 4 was actually pretty decent i liked it

Matty_VTR
30th January 2009, 00:26
resi 4 was actually pretty decent i liked it

yea it was good.. Wii Version was amazing. Aimed with the wiimote and you could move and shoot too.

craigy_87
30th January 2009, 11:45
see i thought i rememered moving an shootin in resi 4 somewhere
ahhh i remember my first encounter with mr salvador had no idea he would just whip my head off rather than just hurt me alot lol

Matty_VTR
30th January 2009, 14:20
best bit was just going to the village then a guy with a sack on his head coming at you with a chainsaw.

Mrk1
30th January 2009, 14:23
best bit was just going to the village then a guy with a sack on his head coming at you with a chainsaw.

Yeah lol but how does he see through the sack? And wtf is it doing on his head?

Tbh the hunters & dogs (but they were just damn annoying) from the earlier series were better rivals. Bring back the old zombie creatures!
I reckon these new ones are too comical to be scary!

Ferg
30th January 2009, 14:29
^^^ I agree ... Not scary. Bring back Lickers!!!11

GrantW
30th January 2009, 15:02

I fuckin hated Lickers unless you had shotgun ammo lol

Ferg
30th January 2009, 16:45
Haha same matey ... I was like 12 when I was introduced to Lickers. Every time I saw one I would shit my pants (Even more so if I didn't have a shotgun to hand)

Matty_VTR
30th January 2009, 20:42
!! when the licker walked past the window.. and you just didn't wanna go though the door.. lol or In scenario B when you go to the car park and if that bit wasn't scary enough you hear the licker...

we need more of this!! lol

rushy_23
30th January 2009, 21:49
Played the new one. As Im an old school RE player Im not too keen.

From RE1 to Code Veronica I loved them. Never played 4, so imagine 4 plays like this one
does (5). Not too keen!!

Best RE was most definatly 2. I used to get chills down my spine when Mr X was chasing me.

rushy_23
30th January 2009, 21:50
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g130/matty_aygo/image_0001R.jpg

Havn't got my DS version of Resident evil or my N64 version of Resi 2 there.

Only need a few more for all of them... then Im going to try and get a hold of The directors cut and duel shock edition of resi 1 and 2

Im trying to get them all without using eBay. :geek:

Dude if thats your collection then you are my new hero (for the week)

Lend me your GC and the remake plzzzzzz

craigy_87
31st January 2009, 02:01

yup thats the dude - mr salvador right bugger first time ya see him

ha lickers awww the memories!!!

!! when the licker walked past the window.. and you just didn't wanna go though the door.. lol or In scenario B when you go to the car park and if that bit wasn't scary enough you hear the licker...

we need more of this!! lol

hahaha licker crawling past the window serious happy (shit the bed) memories lol

(hooks up ps2)

Mr_X
31st January 2009, 13:32
Watching those intro vids brings back the memories ...

Resi 2 was my favourite as well.

+1

oh the hours of enjoyment,

Ferg
31st January 2009, 19:31
In Resi 2 when you're in the sewers and that William monster thing has just killed the SWAT/UMBRELLA men ... I shit my pants for about the next 30 mins of gameplay I think.

craigy_87
1st February 2009, 01:14
least those feckers couldnt open doors :(

Matty_VTR
1st February 2009, 01:25
blowing off the Giant Alligators head with the gas cylinder was epic beyond belief.

craigy_87
1st February 2009, 03:13
ahhh true but wasnt it if you did that then it wouldnt be there for whoever was doin scenario B?

LukeVTR
2nd February 2009, 12:17
Looks amazing definatly getting it.

Bit gay that they still havent gone back to the zombie theme though.

Richy25988
2nd February 2009, 13:13
Resident evil isnt what it used to be thats all i can say ... In other words its shit tbh, bring back the propper zombies!

Posibluecomingafteryou
3rd February 2009, 14:51
That guys a maniac! Why'd he bite me! :d :d

Posibluecomingafteryou
3rd February 2009, 14:51
Resi 2 :D