PDA

View Full Version : PS3/HDTV Problem

Ryyy
1st February 2009, 14:28
Just lately My Sharp HDTV has been flickering like mad when I try to play my PS3..! It's like my HDMI Cable is loose or something because when I move it ever so slightly The screen goes black and theres horizontal lines through the screen/double image! When I hold the PS3 Power Button until it beeps twice it's still the same (Lines through screen)..Any Advice?!

Prickle
1st February 2009, 15:31
Could buy a new HDMI cable ??

Ive never had any issus with my samsung HD tele and HDMI cable :D

louis_23
6th February 2009, 09:30
i got a new samsung tv and a new hdmi lead and when i ust to flick threw to options on the playstation menue if ust to flicker but it turned out my leads was a lil loose. which i was happy to find out as the tv cost me 400 n lead 40 and both were brand new ;)

Ryyy
7th February 2009, 14:49
My HDMI Lead cost me £10 and ain't that good..Don't wanna go spending money on a new lead if it ain't the problem..When I slightly wiggle the lead the screen flickers

carter
7th February 2009, 15:45
have you got anything else hd? like a dvd or sky?

Ryyy
7th February 2009, 16:16
Erm..No just PS3...The TV Works fine without the HDMI Cabla in and the Digital Channel's work fine..Must be cable problem

carter
7th February 2009, 19:11
maybe, there is a reset for the sharps (resets the softwear) thats why i asked if it was doing it on anything else hd.

just because its alright on digital doesnt mean its not the tv.

try the lead first though, you might be lucky!

leel
17th February 2009, 22:42
sounds like interferance, from other cables that are near it, try moving the cables. Worked for me.

Grant
17th February 2009, 23:52
sounds like interferance, from other cables that are near it, try moving the cables. Worked for me.

was just about to say the same thing, some cables can get interferance from others if they are touching, back of my tv has got cable clips on it so it keeps them apart

Ryyy
18th February 2009, 18:31
Nothing wrong with the cable(s) FTL!!:(
Bought a second one for £20 and didn't work..Then tried them both on a different HDTV and they worked..Must be the HDMI Slots themselves Eh?! Arr

Grant
18th February 2009, 18:35
yeah maybe its the connector in the back of the tv/ps3?