PDA

View Full Version : Sony PSP to Alpine Head Unit

hollywood
13th October 2005, 03:31
I'm thinking of getting a Sony PSP. One of the main reasons is because it plays MP3's.

What I want to know is do you think I would be able to link it through my Alpine head unit to play MP3's?

My thoughts were that I'd be able to use a phono to auxillary connector connecting phono to the PSP and the auxillarys to the front aux output on the head unit. The Alpine has an option for auxillary input in its settings.

Has anyone linked MP3 players up in this way?

Any help would be much appreciated.

KAMENi
13th October 2005, 15:42
you can buy a HU that plays MP3's

i heard that psp isn't so good, because it tends to get hot, and the cd doors open upwards, so it limits your installation places

getting a "normal" PS2 is better, because it fits under your seat

connecting everything is not a problem. if there are no jacks or wires on your HU, you can buy an adapter of some kind, so everything's possible

Graeme
13th October 2005, 15:55
you can buy a HU that plays MP3's

i heard that psp isn't so good, because it tends to get hot, and the cd doors open upwards, so it limits your installation places

getting a "normal" PS2 is better, because it fits under your seat

connecting everything is not a problem. if there are no jacks or wires on your HU, you can buy an adapter of some kind, so everything's possible

you what thats completely wrong matey! lol psp dont get hot at all (well mine doesnt) and there isnt a problem with cds as it doesnt play cds all you mp3s are stored on you memory stick!

so in anwser to the question yeah i dont see no reason why you cant connect it to your head unit!! smileys/smiley10.gif

hollywood
14th October 2005, 01:45
Cheers,

just didn't want to buy one and find out i can't connect it.

Jungle_Jim
18th October 2005, 01:46
you can connect your psp to your headunit, ive got an alpine headunit so had to buy a special cable, also the screen quality on a psp tends to be much better than most dvd screen, you can buy a window mount to hold it aswell

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/8086/interior38ec.jpg

Graeme
18th October 2005, 01:54
how much was the cable Jungle_Jim???

Jungle_Jim
18th October 2005, 14:35
about £19 mate smileys/smiley17.gif

johnlambert
13th May 2009, 20:41
whats the name of the wire needed????