PDA

View Full Version : installing 10" sub box and amp

Morgiee
4th February 2009, 16:27
Hi there could some one (with pictures if possible) show me how to install and wire up a 10" subbox and a 400w amplifier. i have the sub box, the woofer for it, an amplifier and all nessesery wiring. all i want is step by step. however if pictures to illerstrate whats happening at each stage can be provided that would be fantastic

Thank alot people

Morgiee

wigansaxo
4th February 2009, 16:37
maybe post pics up of yours first?

edit: this is were the main battery wire goes through the bulk head
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn268/wigansaxo/Photo-0187agtmg.jpg

obvi it goes from the plus on the battery, then it goes to were it says batt on your amp

Morgiee
8th February 2009, 22:04
yes mine is the same as that however it is hell to feed the posative wire through as the wire is so thick also i beleive that the gromit that the wirres in the above pic go is sealed up i cant push the wires through. is this true? if so is there another way of feeding it into the car because thats my only problem at the minute.

cheers mate

redlinerdj
9th February 2009, 17:00
i had the same problem, done mine through the front wing panel, then under the interior carpets.

richyd711
9th February 2009, 17:06
Its easy enough to do once youve got through the bulk head most people use a coat hanger to get it through easier.. Do a search im sure there will be a thread on here wich can help you out

Ashlol
9th February 2009, 19:59
Go to halfrauds and buy 'Haynes Max Power - ICE' for £20, it's really handy.
Or download it off torrents... :)

kieranc07
9th February 2009, 20:35
i wired mine to the plus like in pic , ran it down passengerside wing through the door gromet thing where the door wires run 2, then under the carpet to the back then under the seatbelts and bench to the boot then to the amp then u want ur remote wire running along the other side of the car from the headunit to the boot at drivers side to stop it picking signals up some times they do some times they dont if ur fitting 6x9s or a rear speaker or some sort also run the wires from the head unit with the remote down the right hand side

kieran.