PDA

View Full Version : erm....... pop!!

Steve.
25th October 2005, 22:28
Had a loud pop today in car! had only been running for about 1 minute, then bang, speakers went dead. headunit still works, and the sub was still banging away.... dont kno what has happened??

KAMENi
25th October 2005, 22:52
probably the amp.

if you're into electronics, and do not have a warrantee, open the amp and see what happened.

try with 1.5V battery on the speaker wires to see if the speakers are still ok (+ pole, one wire, - pole other wire, and when you connect the other wire you should here a silent pop, like when you gently hit the cone with a finger. if it does that, speakers are ok)

Steve.
25th October 2005, 22:57
you mean the amp inside headunit?? coz thts wot my front comps. and rear 6x9's (i know, my bad!!) run on

reevesy_vtr
25th October 2005, 22:59
you could have blown the output IC (internal amp) how loud did you have it.??? And what radio do you have ????

Steve.
26th October 2005, 00:01
i had it very low and i have a panasonic headunit, cant remember mondel number tho, but its the mp3/wma one

VTaaRon
26th October 2005, 00:08
sounds like a power surge try another speaker on the same connection if it works then you probaly blew all the speakers im afraid!

Steve.
26th October 2005, 00:32
the sub cant of blown can it?? obv not coz its still working :s bloody well hope i havnt fryed my spkers!

w_jd_w
27th October 2005, 02:54
was it just the comps and 6x9s that went then?and the sub was alright?and the comps and 6x9s were running off the head unit?youve proberly blown your speakers

Steve.
27th October 2005, 23:19
nah all has bene soved, none of m speakers have blown, tookt he headunit out, looked at the 15A fuse (took it out etc....) slotted it all back in, and hey presto, it works! all in time for my new install!! yey keep an eye out! smileys/smiley14.gif

w_jd_w
28th October 2005, 03:36
damn it all that for a fuse? smileys/smiley17.gif