PDA

View Full Version : 3 red rings

shooorn94
22nd March 2009, 23:33
About time it happened tbh.

Got the 3 red rings, went on the xbox website enterred in my serial number and it stated that my warranty had expired, baring in mind I haven't even owned my xbox a year and I thought it was covered for 3 years how is this correct?

I bought my xbox back in may last year... comet shifted me a second hand xbox on the side sort of thing? :n:

Any heads up would be great. I think I still have the receit otherwise I'll get one from comet (they keep you on record I believe for 2 years).

Tontsy
23rd March 2009, 00:06
did you have to give ur name / address or any personal details ?
they should be able to re-print the recipet from postal code.

hasnt been a year, so you are deffo covered by a manafctures warrenty and a store purchase warrenty due to manafacture defects.

Mrk1
23rd March 2009, 00:14
Not to worry mate. Both me and a friend had expired warranties when our xboxs got the red rings. Just phone up microsoft helpline/xbox repair centre and explain it broke with the red rings flashing up and they will pick up & repair yours usually within a week free of charge.

Bit of info on support - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907534

Tom_Crx
23rd March 2009, 00:20
Got three red rings the other week
fair play microsoft sorted it no hassle
and even got a month free live back with it
top job
hope you get the same service

shooorn94
23rd March 2009, 00:27
Cheers me too, just sorted out an order, they said they'd email me when a box has been dispatched for my xbox to be sent off and that it'd take around 2-3 weeks. It's DVD drive related and GTA4 killed it.. had been running resi5 fine for days now ;)

Annoying thing is, I've finished my assingments for this week and was looking forward to completing resi.. ah well :p

dj_russell
23rd March 2009, 03:22
bastard when that happens its a good job the 360s are an excellent console otherwise id of give up, im on my 4th 360 the elite seems to be doing well *touch wood* lol

shooorn94
23rd March 2009, 08:52
bastard when that happens its a good job the 360s are an excellent console otherwise id of give up, im on my 4th 360 the elite seems to be doing well *touch wood* lol

My mate has an abused elite, literrally covered in dust and all sorts of junk. Has no room to ventilate it neither yet it's still going strong :fcuk:

rossj
23rd March 2009, 11:19
Im on to my 3rd xbox first repair took over a month second only took 2 weeks so that was much better!!!!

Ste-88
23rd March 2009, 16:52
Depends if you want to open it, then you could have a working xbox today.

All xbox'es that get RROD are covered for a extra 3 years on warrenty even if it's expired, go read it ;)

Tom_Crx
23rd March 2009, 20:48
this may sound like a stupid question but i've just got my xbox back from germany due to the 3 red lights, it was covered under the 3 year warranty
will the 3 years start again now, or is it still applicable from when i brought the 360?

Woody91
23rd March 2009, 21:41
still applicable to the one you brought

stevie_m
28th March 2009, 09:46
should it be a problem ? The warranty was out when mines did it 3 times got it fixed every time without a problem

marcusd
5th April 2009, 19:02
if warrenty has run out do it your self its a piece of piss to fix and costs £5 in total, i did mine took all of an hour and has worked for well over a year no problems.

shooorn94
5th April 2009, 22:00
Got it back this friday, the DVD drive had broke and the motherboard had melted apparently. New DVD drive that no longer sounds like a plane taking off.. the mrs is playing now and i can hear myself think!

It also runs smoother and didnt take too long for them to ship it back, impressed with the level of service tbh :y:

RAL
9th April 2009, 00:08
arghhhhhhh I hate my xbox, third time I have had 3 red lights in 2 years.

cnt beat cod4 tho :y: