PDA

View Full Version : fifa 09 xbox 360...disc error?

martinmac
1st May 2009, 00:10
Anyone else got this on the 360 and constantly get disc read error messages??? I can only get about 2 game through any type of tournament then this error appears and it cuts out! The disc is spotless and its been happening since i got the game! Just searched google and i am not the only one that this is happening to!

Wondered if anyone on here has this problem? Wtf do i do?? Surely i dont have to buy a new one!?

sted963
1st May 2009, 17:44
sounds like your drives on its way mate

Mattymcn
1st May 2009, 17:46
happened to my mate get your game swapped. xbox standing up and lying down?

AnthonyVTR
1st May 2009, 19:05
Mine freezes after 2 or so games too, can hear it like skipping then says disc is unreadable.

martinmac
1st May 2009, 22:11
sounds like your drives on its way mate

Dont think so, seems to be a common disc error, like a bad batch or something...

happened to my mate get your game swapped. xbox standing up and lying down?

Lying down mate...why??? And i dont have the receipt anymore, was my bro who bought it and never kept it!

Mine freezes after 2 or so games too, can hear it like skipping then says disc is unreadable.

So exactly same as mine??? Pain in the ar*e in't it??? I wanna play that be a pro thing but can only get 2 games into it! lol Not fair :(

AnthonyVTR
1st May 2009, 23:16
Yeah same as yours, it doesn't do it on other games so I can't see it being what someone mentioned. I thought it was just my disc but you said its common :(
Mine also is like slow, as in the ball will go out for a corner then 5secs later the commentators say its gone out... or if i pause it just stops for 5secs.

I refuse to buy a new one too seems as it cost me £40 and it's still £20.

mike_gally
2nd May 2009, 00:01
coz 360's are sh*t

Mattymcn
2nd May 2009, 00:24
it is a fifa 09 disk problem...... brill game but happens to alot of disks. known a couple cases now of freezing games....

Trade it in? get some cash/receipt then buy it again in a different store lol

Gabbastard
2nd May 2009, 10:16
Same thing happened on Fifa 08. I had my disc develop a crack while in the machine, and 2 guys I know had it happen as well. Never had it happen on any other game.

Gabbastard
2nd May 2009, 10:17
HMV are doing Fifa 09 for 19.99 the now, if you get stuck.

AnthonyVTR
2nd May 2009, 15:52
I thought it might be possible to rent it from a store then accidently put your disc in the box when you take it back...

But that's most probably illegal... so don't do it.....

martinmac
2nd May 2009, 17:33
coz 360's are sh*t

Congratulations on the most mature comment ever posted on sax-p! :y: ... n00b

HMV are doing Fifa 09 for 19.99 the now, if you get stuck.

Cheers buddy for the tip, probably trade it in (as said) and go for that, best bet i reckon, even though i will probably get 99p for it or something pish like that!

it is a fifa 09 disk problem...... brill game but happens to alot of disks. known a couple cases now of freezing games....

Trade it in? get some cash/receipt then buy it again in a different store lol
Might just do that cheers!

I thought it might be possible to rent it from a store then accidently put your disc in the box when you take it back...

But that's most probably illegal... so don't do it.....

I was thinking about that, although i was worried that they find out and i'd get a slap on the wrist :oops:

phillyh
2nd May 2009, 17:59
Mine sometimes crashes on the press start screen!
Just have to restart it and it works.

Trade it in and get it again ftw