PDA

View Full Version : News : Launch of the Content Contributor Group.

Simo
9th May 2009, 16:32
As discussed within the suggestions & improvements forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=219419), today I have launched the concept of Content Contributors in the Saxperience Community. The reason for setting this up is to allow a wider team of people to get involved in the content, which is published within the community, but is not just restricted to personal forum posts.

Initially this system will be trialled with the creation of new Premium Member How-To guides, but I have plans to roll this out across a wider range of media types if things work out well and there is enough interest to keep things developing.

A new Content Contributor Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=112) has been created, which is only accessible by content contributors, super-mod's and admin's. The forum has been created so that fellow content contributors can post article content, discuss, edit, ammend, review, re-write, etc, etc... until the team are happy with the final outcome. Once the finished article is ready to be published, the verified content will be moved to the correct part of the community. The main author(s) will be recorded as contributing the content.

In theory, anyone can apply to become a content contributor, although the team will be kept to a small, manageable number of interested and focussed members. Currently only myself and Scott can approve applications. If you have the free time, knowledge and interest to take on an active role such as this, you can apply by clicking the Group Memberships (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/profile.php?do=editusergroups) option within your User CP (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/usercp.php).

A new article content management system will soon be employed within the Saxperince commuity, which will be able to exploit this new feature better. If you have any further ideas of how this concept can be developed, please let me know. In addition to getting access to the content contributor forum, all successful applicants will also have a new badge, which will be displayed within the postbit >> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/images/ranks/contributor.png

If you are accepted as a content contributor, in order to retain this title, you will need to remain active within this role. It's also worthwhile mentioning that if you are authoring content destined for a restricted permission area of the community (eg Premium Member articles), if you don't have Premium Membership, you may not be able to see the content once published. That could get interesting ;)

I look forward to hearing your feedback and welcoming some new faces to the team.

Simo

evans1089
9th May 2009, 16:36
My names down :y:

MrHouston
9th May 2009, 16:42
Looks good, i'm not planning on doing anything to my car for a bit so no point me applying to join now :p

-Jason-
9th May 2009, 17:18
I have applied.

evans1089
9th May 2009, 17:24
Thanks for the opportunity Simon & Scott :y:

Mr_X
9th May 2009, 18:17
i dont get it, so to be able to benefit from the guides you need to have helped with them?

Simo
9th May 2009, 18:22
i dont get it, so to be able to benefit from the guides you need to have helped with them?

Huh?

To be able to benefit from the guides you need to be able to read them, thats the only limiting factor.

What I was trying to say is that if a guide is published for premium members, obviously non-premium members wont be able to read.

Mr_X
9th May 2009, 18:26
Oh cool,

sorry been doing a lot of work, brain in meltdown lol.

i have read your post several times honest :oops:

so if your a contriibutor then, apply for a member of the social group, then you can enter the special forum?

evans1089
9th May 2009, 18:30
Oh cool,

sorry been doing a lot of work, brain in meltdown lol.

i have read your post several times honest :oops:

so if your a contriibutor then, apply for a member of the social group, then you can enter the special forum?

yep thats it, where we can create the guides before anyone can see them, and when the admins are satisfied with them, they are open to the members!

Simo
9th May 2009, 18:42
yep thats it, where we can create the guides before anyone can see them, and when the admins are satisfied with them, they are open to the members!

In a nut-shell... thats exactly it! ;)

evans1089
9th May 2009, 18:45
In a nut-shell... thats exactly it! ;)

See, I do read, listen and learn :P
ha! who are the others then?

Simo
9th May 2009, 18:48
Check out the group leaders link at the bottom of the forum home ;)

-Jason-
9th May 2009, 19:15
Can our usernames be a different colour like the mods etc ;)

evans1089
9th May 2009, 20:50
Can our usernames be a different colour like the mods etc ;)

I'd like a colour and status change too ;)

Will have a few guides forthcoming soon enough :y:

Simo
9th May 2009, 20:58
I thought about changing username colour, but thought you need to prove yourselves individually first.

You gotta be livin it to win it ;)

-Jason-
9th May 2009, 21:14
What is the plan then are we to create the guides or look through the old ones and see if there are any improvements?

evans1089
9th May 2009, 21:43
What is the plan then are we to create the guides or look through the old ones and see if there are any improvements?
Make new ones where necessary, trying to target the most asked questions etc and then tidy up the older ones with pictures etc. :y:

-Jason-
9th May 2009, 21:46
Ok no worries will start looking through them in the morning

Ferg
9th May 2009, 21:48
You better have your dictionary ready Jason.

Sounds like a good idea.

Viper
9th May 2009, 23:13
ill check the spelling and grammar on them if you like?

Mr_X
9th May 2009, 23:53
ill check the spelling and grammar on them if you like?

i could do a very informative guide :y:

i wana be a part of this group :( sadly i have no skills

Mystic
10th May 2009, 00:45
I'll check the spelling and grammar on them, if you'd like?

:detective:

Mr_X
10th May 2009, 08:42
:detective:

LMAO :clapping:

evans1089
10th May 2009, 11:11
Simo, perhaps it would be a good idea to ask the members what guides they are most looking for? just to give some us some more ideas :y:

cj_99
11th May 2009, 09:31
I can do a guide for changing the throttle body and inlet manifold to the vtr setup on mk2's as atm theres only one for the mk1's i think. But i dont think theres any point applying just to do one guide so if any of the content contributers want it or think its worth doing then pm me :y:

Viper
11th May 2009, 10:40
lol, cheers jason you ghey.

i wasnt trying. honest!

Mark51
11th May 2009, 20:02
Simo, perhaps it would be a good idea to ask the members what guides they are most looking for? just to give some us some more ideas :y:

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87602 ;)

evans1089
11th May 2009, 20:05
http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87602 ;)

not just premium members :y:

Simo
17th May 2009, 15:08
Thanks very much to the guys who have come onboard with this team so far - you've done a great job so far and Im sure there will be some new articles live very soon ;)

Anyone else think they have the interest, spare time and willingness to help out??

evans1089
17th May 2009, 15:17
Thanks very much to the guys who have come onboard with this team so far - you've done a great job so far and Im sure there will be some new articles live very soon ;)

Anyone else think they have the interest, spare time and willingness to help out??

aww sharing the love :homme:

-Dan-
20th May 2009, 13:11
I've applied, although I don't have a huge amount of technical knowledge yet, so don't know how suitable I'd be.

Any News on application?

Barry123
20th May 2009, 14:15
think of stuff saxo related that people might want to know/read about :y:

Mr_X
20th May 2009, 22:38
Im willing to help, sham i know fa

-Dan-
21st May 2009, 07:42
Im willing to help, sham i know fa

Same with me really, I'm quite good with organisation and designing stuff though, so I can help with that sort of thing.

Ashleyp
22nd May 2009, 17:59
simo, id be intrested in helping out, id say im very knowledgeable on Audio, but have a fair ammount of knowledge on other areas too

Tony
24th May 2009, 01:45

I'd be interested in thiis.

I'll check back here to see if you respond but if not I'll PM you.

AlexR
25th May 2009, 17:24
I've already donated quite a bit of useful content. Willing to help out at times if needed. What do i get in return though?

Tony
25th May 2009, 17:46
A drive in my beast again.

AlexR
25th May 2009, 18:03
LOL i'm sure i'll get that without being a contributor ;)

I have 12 valves of pure low down torque as of friday ;)

Tony
25th May 2009, 18:13
A dirty diesel on the horizon?

NickB
29th May 2009, 03:06
Well iv applied as i could put up alot on ice and general servicing of the car amongst other stuff and im active so see how it goes :y: :)

Simo
30th May 2009, 18:43
I'd be interested in thiis.

I'll check back here to see if you respond but if not I'll PM you.

Hi Tony,

I can respond here, but the only way to apply for the content contributor group is to join the group within your user CP, as mentioned previously.

I've already donated quite a bit of useful content. Willing to help out at times if needed. What do i get in return though?

Hi Alex, You have helped out in the past and I know your opinions (well, most of them ;) ) are respected. Its a bit of a mystery tour at the minute... as you cant fully see what we are trying to create until you are 'in' lol.

What do you get in return? Fame? ;) Seriously, what would you expect to get in return? Throwing in premium access for active contributors is not quite probablt. Ive been chatting about this to others.

By contributing content in the way I have lined up, you'll have the opportunity to author 'official' article content, that won't get lost within a forum post. I guess youve gotta decide for yourself whether this is your bag or not.

evans1089
30th May 2009, 18:48
Alex mate, your not missing much tbh...

Jokes! Its if you have the time and dedication or not to successfully complete and upload some guides. We are here to try and help the forum, and save all the petty posts we get everyday on the forum about "How Do I..?"

Its a great oppertunity to try out and show your skills, and help those that need it.. which i think is great. Giving something back :y:

Simo
30th May 2009, 18:52
Looks like I forgot to say something... I dont intend to use this group just for how-to guides. Its any form of article content thats useful, eg, event reports, regional meet reviews, etc, etc. This opens the net wider ;)

NickB
31st May 2009, 23:32
Good stuff simo! well back to guides i will be starting work on one shortly :y:

Ill keep you all informed and thanks for accepting me matey

N