PDA

View Full Version : Dynamat Xtreme Trunk Kit

Baz
8th December 2005, 04:56
Dynamat Xtreme Trunk Kit

When your car stereo rattles your boot, the sound becomes distorted and you lose SPL. That's because your car's structure can't handle the high bass pressure without proper reinforcement. The Dynamat Trunk Kit minimises structural rattles, providing the tightest, cleanest, loudest bass possible.

Anyone bought one of these or of the same effect? Is there any other way to stop the bass rattling...other than to turn the bass down smileys/smiley2.gif

boz
8th December 2005, 04:59
my number plates used to vibrate like fuck and annoy the piss out of me!! smileys/smiley7.gif so i put some sticky back foam behind it to stop the rattling LOL smileys/smiley9.gif works a treat, that was the only rattling i got smileys/smiley2.gif

Baz
8th December 2005, 05:03
cheers Boz, ill give it a bash and see what happens.....if anything smileys/smiley17.gif

do it tomorrow seen as im off college, nout better to do!

Cheers, Baz

boz
8th December 2005, 05:12
i used the sticky number plate things you can get from halfords, i put one in the middle and 2 at the edges smileys/smiley2.gif
sticky on both sides smileys/smiley2.gif

KAMENi
8th December 2005, 15:23
sorry, double post

please delete

KAMENi
8th December 2005, 15:23
you can use that material (i think you call it brown bread or something like that)
it's used in construction, for heat and damp isolation. also makes a good sound barrier

Baz
9th December 2005, 14:17
The foam tape didn't work...smileys/sad.gif i think it might of made it worse haha, i think ill just forget it at let it rattle, you can't hear it inside the car, just when your outside.

McPikie
12th December 2005, 13:34
i think ill just forget it at let it rattle, you can't hear it inside the car, just when your outside.

"When your car stereo rattles your boot, the sound becomes distorted and you lose SPL"

You are losing DB by letting it rattle.

There is a kit on ebay, £20 for 10 sq/ft of the stuff

PaulW
13th December 2005, 17:43
Or try roofing flashband, its generally twice as thick, and cheaper, ive used a roll on my boot and theres no rattles, it was £15 from wickes and there was enough to double up on most of the bootlid.

vtrdan
13th December 2005, 20:29
Thats wot i thought, use flashband isnt it the same stuff? plus i can get flashband for fcuk all. smileys/smiley16.gif

kevmiles250
20th December 2005, 04:39
I had my bootlid and rear quarters both done in double thickness, using only the trunk kit....i think. anyway its so much better stopped everything rattling other than the wiper and number plate.

saxobutty
22nd December 2005, 02:05
ive just soundproofed my doors and boot with flashband (autoseal, brown bread whicheva) although not specifically made for soundproofing it does the trick and is cheaper