PDA

View Full Version : Advice Please..

Sax1lora
9th December 2005, 19:16
right....

i sold my old 106 to my little cousin, he's only 17 and this was his first car and he was all chuffed.

the other night he was out in the car....and being his first car and having a laugh (you know what they are like) he was racing his friend and ended us hitting a wall....writing the car off completely but thank god he wasnt hurt.

the thing is......he only has a provisional licence......no insurance......no 'L' plates on the car and was travelling with his friend who is 16 and obviously has no licence. its all his own fault for being an asshole!

the Police are now involved and obviously he's going to loose his licence before he gets it. im just wondering what will happen to him. will he get a ban and how long for? and will her get fined?

AdamW
9th December 2005, 19:17
Down to the courts......but deffo be banned id say for 2 years

Clouds_mate
9th December 2005, 19:18
my friend was out clubing with us, went home at 4am took his sisters best mates car out for a spin, drunk, no lience, no insurance and without her knowing and crashed it 10 yards down the road.

Hes loving prison life

Sax1lora
9th December 2005, 19:22
Prison? suppose he was drunk tho....my cousin wasnt.

i know its his own fault and he deserves what he gets. 2yr ban?

thing is.....he lost his sister a few years ago when she was knocked down and killed by a speeding driver...i thought he wouldve had more sense.....his friends egged him on...its shocking.

AdamW
9th December 2005, 19:24
Pier Pressure is a mother fucker.......still wouldnt of done it though

Clouds_mate
9th December 2005, 19:26
nobody can make any 1 do something, Hes done it, no 1 else. Law is there for a reason what happend if he killing someone

Scott
9th December 2005, 19:29
i honestly hope that he gets banned for life. He could have hit anything or even killed someone. Idiot.

Look at what Dan done and how harshly he was treated, its idiots like your cousin that push our insurance premiums up

Sax1lora
9th December 2005, 19:32
yeah i know.....dont get at me.........

thats why i think its shocking cause he lost his sister cause of a speeding driver.

i just wondered if he would get a ban or what thats all.

AdamW
9th December 2005, 19:33
i honestly hope that he gets banned for life. He could have hit anything or even killed someone. Idiot.

Look at what Dan done and how harshly he was treated, its idiots like your cousin that push our insurance premiums up

smileys/clap.gif smileys/clap.gif

Dan
9th December 2005, 19:33
If my verdict is anything to go by then banned for life looks likely imo.

Young offenders place though could be an option.

AdamW
9th December 2005, 19:34
Borstal I reckon

pug_boe
9th December 2005, 19:34
i completly agree with scott - he was a muppet for doing what he did and as you said lora he should have learnt his lesson from his family member. Maybe it was a cry for help that he did it - who knows only he does - but he sounds a tosspot and deserves to learn what he did was wrong and dangerous

Yates
9th December 2005, 20:14
as its been stated, you have a sensible driver (dan) with tax test and insurance, not even racing, not involved in anything serious and gets banned for 2 years....

so in theory he should be banned for at least 5, and he will get points.

Altho the out comes are always different, e.g. my mate when he was 14 took his dads car out got pulled over and was banned for 3 years and given 6 points, well by time he was 17 he was allowed to drive like everyone else and had a clean license.

Personally i hope he does get put ina young offenders for being such an idiot.

mike_obuk
9th December 2005, 20:58
possible young offenders and a long long ban!

Yates
9th December 2005, 21:46
or knowing the way it works people like this only get a year ban and a fine. something stupid like that

Sax1lora
9th December 2005, 21:53
YOI?? i know deserves all he gets, im not sticking up for him!!

and theres my dad........ been driving for 30-odd years, has never had an accident, no points, claims or nothing........he got done for doing 32 in a 30.

AdamW
9th December 2005, 21:53
He will get a sticker......saying "No1 Driver"

Sax1lora
9th December 2005, 21:55
He will get a sticker......saying "No1 Driver"

no doubt......

everybody speeds at one time in their life but getting done for being 2 mph over the limit is ludacris when a guy on here boasted that he got let off for doing 95mph in a 30!!

bear_westy
9th December 2005, 22:00
hhow did he get done ...

did he not argue the 10% rule for speedo inaccuracy??

lotty
9th December 2005, 22:25
your cousin really does deserve what he gets!! but no doubt he will get let off lightly unlike dan who did nothing wrong!!! smileys/smiley13.gif

peebee
9th December 2005, 22:55
sounds like a 2 yr bann and points to me! points before u even pass ur test, oh dear! smileys/smiley3.gif

James
10th December 2005, 00:16
Not going to get at you here but if it wasent for people like him my insurance wouldent be ludacris smileys/smiley12.gif.

But hey what can you do now? hes done it and its up to him to face what he has done.

At least a 3 year ban id say with points, Maybe even a young offenders place waiting for him as well. In my eyes he shouldent be driving for at least 5 years... But courts are so leniant towards to young drivers that he will probally get 2 - 3. They set the wrong examples of people like Dan when they should in fact be showing these people they cant get away with it.