PDA

View Full Version : weeight loss for summer hols

don55
27th May 2009, 12:08
im going away on the 28th on june.

so i got 5 weeks to loose a stone of my belly, idealy.

i have a gym membership, but i slack like amother fucker.

im very confussed about dieting, im not sure what i should be eating, im not so fussed on gaingin muscle, im not exactly thin, but i am tall.

ATM im 14st and 6'4, not over weight, but i have about a stone of very much unwanted flab on my belly.

my first plan is to not touch a drop of alcohol before i go away, as much of this has come from drinking alot.

i have a pretty good work out planned at the gym, from my PT dude.

but i really want to know what i should be eating to loose weight fast, i can gain muscle later but i jsut want to loose this belly flab before i go away, as its gona piss me off being short all the time and not being able to bend over as it looks fucking rank.

please help

NB> i dont care if its a sketchy crash diet, atkins what ever, i jsut need it gone. i can be healthy when i get back.

Ryan
27th May 2009, 12:55
Crash diets are shit as you usually put it back on soon after.

Just burn more calories than you eat in a day, simple maths = burn more than you have body starts to use energy stores....(generally fat)

Mike-VTR
27th May 2009, 13:01
PUT THE KEBAB DOWN AND STEP AWAY FROM THE CALORIES!!

if you aint fussed just dont eat and do some exercise thats gotta be the fastest way, and when your about to pass out eat a stick of celery.

if all else fails just hang out with people fatter than you, when you leave.

don55
27th May 2009, 13:05
haha mike

ryan im not fussed about putting it back on after, i can sort that later like.

can one of you top blokes write me a little meal plan please ?

cj_99
27th May 2009, 14:13
you need exercise aswell no point in just eating less or the right foods you need to combine it with good exercise. Obviously something that will burn more calories like swimming as you only have a month :y:

EDIT: sorry didnt see the bit about exercise in your first post my bad :n:

Jules
27th May 2009, 15:58
I've been going to the gym every day for the past three weeks and I've lost a bit of weight Im now back in my size 10 jeans :D

I've just been eating smaller portions, no snacking between meals, but if I must, I have a bit of fruit, then doing half an hour of cardio at the gym and I use the power plate to do my sit up on (vibrating machine lol) which has helped a huge deal!!

I've been doing ten mins running, tem mins on the cross trainer and ten on the bike, followed by toning and free weights :)

As Ryan said just dont put as many calories in and burn off more!!

seat-craig
27th May 2009, 16:01
moderation is the key. eat in moderation, drink in moderation and even excercise in moderation too much you will injure yourself or you will get bored or overworked.

eat healthy go to the gym 3-4 days a week sorted

bullit
27th May 2009, 16:54
ive posted in other thread

DusheR
27th May 2009, 18:15
Carb cycle diet.

don55
27th May 2009, 19:47
Carb cycle diet.

care to elaborate

bullit
27th May 2009, 20:10
i think hes reffering to a keto diet

DusheR
27th May 2009, 21:09
Its not something you can descibe in a paragraph but Ill give it a shot.

Say if you have 6 meals a day, you will load on carbs every 18th meal. The rest will be no more than 10g of carbs per meal apart from the breakfast. And these carbs will come from green veg. Got to have good fats aswell like almonds etc.

Ive just finished reading a book on it. My head was hurting afterwards. All to do with controlling insulin levels.

DusheR
27th May 2009, 21:11
To be fair, for people like us, its too complicated. But its the best way to drop fat.

raiya
27th May 2009, 21:24
mate put up a pic and we'll see if we can help and anyway why did you leave it this long to act?
you'd be kidding yourself if you think you can sort it in 4 weeks.
Unless you work your tits off in the gym from now/tom :P
5 days a weeks in the gym
Eat right do some good selected supps

don55
27th May 2009, 21:51
well i have been going for a while, but only a couple times a week, ive been eating alot better too, but the last weekend it went totally fucking tits in the air lol.

im a commercial tyre fitter, so i burn alot of cals when working, not alot of cardio, but regular heavy work and i have pretty good arms as of it. well pretty good to what i used to looks like.

but after doing a 8 hr shift from 6am, i find it hard to go to the gym, so sometimes i do a 15 mile ride in an hour, round the new forest, but the weather has been less than ideal the last few weeks.

i know its not all going to go in 4-5 weeks, but i can try, if i see some loss then it will encourage me to go further.

as said at the mo, not so fussed on building muscle, i jsut want to cut the fat back to see the muscle.

i only have fat on my bello, and sides, no where else really.

i used ot be very skinny, so im happier like this, but i could be even happier.

i may get some pics up, will it help ?

don55
27th May 2009, 21:55
fuck it here you go

this is totaly relaxed, not tensing anything, except one arm to hold the 30d and grip up lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/donsax/IMG_4505.jpg?t=1243461310

Dez
27th May 2009, 22:01
if you want to lose weight that quickly your going to need to do a crash diet tbh, i did the atkins before and that worked well and quite quickly, then sort out a proper diet when you get back

don55
27th May 2009, 22:03
if you want to lose weight that quickly your going to need to do a crash diet tbh, i did the atkins before and that worked well and quite quickly, then sort out a proper diet when you get back

i was talking to the missus today about this, might try it.

not sure how fast it works, or how well it works when going to the gym ?

Dez
27th May 2009, 22:05
takes 2 weeks to start seeing the results, works fine with gym u just need to drink plenty of water

don55
27th May 2009, 22:07
do you know any good sites. guides, i know its a low carb diet, but idont really know alot about what to eat

Dez
27th May 2009, 22:09
google it , but heres a taster http://www.allthatwomenwant.com/atkinsrecipelist.htm

don55
27th May 2009, 22:13
lol looks alot more appetising than some other diets.

my cousin does this from time to time, and she sheds fast.

Dez
27th May 2009, 22:14
its good, but you got to stay strict otherwise you will fuck it up, just eat protein, avoid carbs, excercise and you will see results

don55
27th May 2009, 22:16
sweet

i found a cheeky little download of that book, 1000 atkins recipes.

Dez
27th May 2009, 22:20
that should get u quick results, but like i say when you get back start hitting gym hard

don55
27th May 2009, 22:27
yer i will, im going away traveling soon, so i really want to get into shape for that.

im trying to find a list of things i cant eat, like carb foods.

bread, potato, pasta

DusheR
27th May 2009, 23:37
atkins is all hype. The diet Im talking about goes by the same principle but gets rid off all the negatives. If you stop eating carbs all together this will work fine for a bit but then your metabolism slows down. Thats why you cycle a high carb day into your diet, to kick start your metabolism again.

don55
28th May 2009, 07:02
well i think for 2 weeks ill try the atkins, them ill be on holiday in greece so will be eating and drinking all kinds of stuff, then when i get back home ill more move on to the one dusher is on about.

Dez
28th May 2009, 09:27
atkins is all hype. The diet Im talking about goes by the same principle but gets rid off all the negatives. If you stop eating carbs all together this will work fine for a bit but then your metabolism slows down. Thats why you cycle a high carb day into your diet, to kick start your metabolism again.

im not sure that i agree its all hype, as i know loads of people who have done it, and have lost a lot of weight so it does work, you just have to be disciplined

Fredward
28th May 2009, 09:54
I have spoken to bodybuilders who carb cycle, they generally eat 50g of carbs a day on their low carb days, which is equivalent to something stupid like a small cube of potato! Then obviously they have their carb load days, which is still quite small amounts! I do this every week to a lesser degree, try to eat low carbs all week then hit the piss on the weekend :S

Edit: by the way, the above is not advisable, just incase someone thinks this is actually part of a scientifically calculated diet

don55
28th May 2009, 09:57
lol cheers fred

not drinking beer is gona be hard

bullit
28th May 2009, 17:32
the more muscle on your body the more calories you burn so get lifting

raiya
28th May 2009, 17:37
lol cheers fred

not drinking beer is gona be hard

Yeah cut out the beer, but you can still drink wine or spirits.
Not high in calories and carbs and you can drink loads without getting fat ;)

bullit
28th May 2009, 17:39
ive found the less i drink, the less i wanna drink

and on that note. just done a 12hr day and off gym ;)

raiya
28th May 2009, 17:45
ive found the less i drink, the less i wanna drink

and on that note. just done a 12hr day and off gym ;)

Its true that, once you start getting ripped and in good shape, puts you off cos you generally just want to stay in good shape and eat clean.

I went back yesterday, was so hard but did it and back tmw again.
Have a good sesh :)

DusheR
28th May 2009, 18:12
Vodka in your protein shake?

don55
29th May 2009, 10:02
VTRia i thik thats going to be the hardest stage, doing a few months to get some results will be hard.

like saving money the first 2k is hard as you want to spend it, but then after then its more fun ot watch it grow.

bullit
29th May 2009, 17:22
when i started again it was a right bitch, lol, knowing what i used it look like and wanting it back

raiya
29th May 2009, 17:22
Its not hard if you put your mind to it and think of it this way, you will feel better and happier with yourself.
Get some will power mate, that will do it.

martin_88
30th May 2009, 11:57
im not sure that i agree its all hype, as i know loads of people who have done it, and have lost a lot of weight so it does work, you just have to be disciplined

The only problem is when he goes on holiday and after a day or so and starts eating normally it will go straight back on again.

It does work as a quick fix but not for the long term.

Burn more than you eat, simpe.

You can do alot of good in 5 weeks. Good Luck:y:

Dez
30th May 2009, 18:15
The only problem is when he goes on holiday and after a day or so and starts eating normally it will go straight back on again.

It does work as a quick fix but not for the long term.

Burn more than you eat, simpe.

You can do alot of good in 5 weeks. Good Luck:y:

it depends really mate, if you gradually build up yur carb intake which you are suppose to do, whilst increasing the intensity of your work out then it can be fine. obviously if you go ahead and start eating plates and plates of carbs without excersing then yes it will go back on.

don55
3rd June 2009, 06:29
well i have been doing atkins now for 4 days, started sat, some times its hard at work and i dont have alot of energy. but ill be interested to see in 2 weeks if its had any effect

martin_88
5th June 2009, 15:54
well i have been doing atkins now for 4 days, started sat, some times its hard at work and i dont have alot of energy. but ill be interested to see in 2 weeks if its had any effect

How you getting on now mate, seeing any difference in shape etc.?

DusheR
5th June 2009, 16:07
It will work. But only for so long. Your metabolism will slow right down to a creep and losing weight will get harder and harder. Your thyroid will pack its bags, protein wont get absorbed, you will end up very catabolic. You will end up like this

http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/1560/PreviewComp/SuperStock_1560R-2054302.jpg

JimoVTR
5th June 2009, 16:21
I lost a stone ion three weeks :y:

Piss easy

DusheR
5th June 2009, 17:07
I lost a stone ion three weeks :y:

Piss easy

Are you bragging? I could lose a stone in 3 days, its keeping the muscle thats hard.

JimoVTR
5th June 2009, 17:14
Are you bragging? I could lose a stone in 3 days, its keeping the muscle thats hard.

prove it

DusheR
5th June 2009, 23:37
your attitude stinks more than your breath

JimoVTR
6th June 2009, 08:39
lol - not as much as your insults

don55
6th June 2009, 08:48
well i think ive lost about 1/2 stone

DusheR
6th June 2009, 13:42
lol - not as much as your insults

Im just warming up little man

JimoVTR
6th June 2009, 13:45
im looking forward to it

DusheR
6th June 2009, 13:46
dont wait up, better things on in my life. Ibiza tomorrow.

JimoVTR
6th June 2009, 13:47
So you got x ammount to days to think then?

chris_ph2
6th June 2009, 15:52
start smoking