PDA

View Full Version : DiRT 2 - September 11th *Demo released!*

Penn
17th July 2009, 18:24
Anyone fancy it? Loved the first one but it got a bit repetitive getting 1000G.

New one looks even better, will be a very nice stop gap whilst I'm waiting for Forza 3 :D

http://www.dirt2game.com/#/uk/visuals

Ferg
17th July 2009, 18:34
9/11! ...

Chr15
17th July 2009, 18:53
Group buy?

wn5luke
18th July 2009, 00:36
Im personaly waiting for Forza 3 It looks mental!

Rob-6
18th July 2009, 01:08
might have to get another xbox just for forza

Chr15
18th July 2009, 08:30
Ill get both + MW2.

No FIFA this year unless they sort single player out.

Easty
18th July 2009, 09:28
Anyone know if Forza will be 2 player on local mode ?

Sucks that you can't play many racing games on the 360 with mates unless it's over live

Ferg
18th July 2009, 17:51
Too many good games coming out ~

Forza 3
CoD6
Assassin's Creed 2
Operation Flashpoint 2: DR

Penn
19th July 2009, 21:03
Im personaly waiting for Forza 3 It looks mental!

This is out way before Forza!

wn5luke
19th July 2009, 21:06
This is out way before Forza!

Yeah but not as good as Forza so it will be worth the wait!!! :D

and yea I agree with who ever said so many good games coming out this year :D I cant wait!!!!

dj_russell
19th July 2009, 21:46
the handling looks much better on this than dirt 1 i couldnt play dirt 1 i borrowed it off a mate and switched it off with dissapointment, ill be interested in hearing reviews before i commit to a good nights worth of fuel lol.

Bound
20th July 2009, 12:35
I liked DiRT, was good, would of preferred a GRID 2 though, best racing game of this gen imo.

Penn
20th July 2009, 22:33
I liked DiRT, was good, would of preferred a GRID 2 though, best racing game of this gen imo.

Your signature is well out of date, you should compare the 3GS (Or the 3G with 3.0) to the Nokia :x

Penn
25th July 2009, 21:45
Gameplay videos:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-3193-Over-8-Minutes-of-Dirt-2-Gameplay.html

Ben
25th July 2009, 21:47
Ahh its out on my birthday, bonus ;)

Penn
12th August 2009, 17:15
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-3274-Dirt-2-Updated-Hands-On-Preview---Filling-in-the-Gaps.html

Multiplayer sounds very promising!

Achievements also listed here - http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/colin-mcrae-dirt-2/achievements/

AXracing
12th August 2009, 18:40
Got bored with the first one so probably will not bother with the second. Though Multiplayer is a big plus so may yet still get it.

Penn
20th August 2009, 16:47
941MB demo is now available to download on xbox live! Not had chance to play it yet, just downloading now.

Blurb:

"Play the DiRT 2 demo now! Experience the stunning Mitsubishi Eclipse GT in the all-new Trailblazer event set against
the most dramatic and challenging terrain Morocco has to offer, then jump behind the wheel of the rugged Porter Trophy Truck
and take on the jumps and drops of Mexico’s atmospheric Ensenada Port circuit in the multi-class Landrush.
Customize your ride and test yourself against racing icons like Ken Block and Dave Mirra offline or take on the world in
8 player head-to-head online races in the unmissable demo of DiRT 2 – the new standard of off-road racing."

Queue DiRT 2 Demo online here. (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ddf0001-0000-4000-8000-0000434d881b)

SaxoMuffin
20th August 2009, 20:49
I don't think the demo gives it justice can't really use a good car on a decent track but I'm sure it will worth a download... :y:

Krys_23
20th August 2009, 20:52
I'll be getting this, Didn't set the 200th quickest lap online in a 205 for nothing ;)

Ben
20th August 2009, 20:57
Out on my birthday, bonus.

dj_russell
21st August 2009, 21:05
played the demo yesterday i dont know wheather i like the handling but ill still buy it because theres sodall else out there thats worth buying.

Penn
21st August 2009, 21:22
played the demo yesterday i dont know wheather i like the handling but ill still buy it because theres sodall else out there thats worth buying.

Need for speed shift is out the week after, looks pretty good I have to say!

wilksey
22nd August 2009, 17:39
Personally I love the handaling. I think it's 100x better than dirt 1! You can actually pull the hand break and the car will react alot more realistic than dirt 1 and power sliding and engine noises are wicked! think this is a winnner to be fair! the fact ken block and his subaru are in it and you can go around an area jumping it is wicked!

dj_russell
24th August 2009, 18:17
Need for speed shift is out the week after, looks pretty good I have to say!

not sounding too bad then but the big daddy im waitig for is forza 3, its not often i pre order a game but that is worth getting a day early.:y: i find you save aload of money when you buy a good game you find yourself stopping in lool.

smiith
24th August 2009, 18:47
Downloading the demo now, Only played the 1st game at a mates, so looking forward to buying this one

smiith
25th August 2009, 15:54
Im not sure on it like, that eclipse handling is sickening, move your stick a mm, the car turns a mile

James106
27th August 2009, 21:11
Im not sure on it like, that eclipse handling is sickening, move your stick a mm, the car turns a mile

agreed but you do get used to it

smiith
28th August 2009, 16:50
agreed but you do get used to it

yeh but still, suppose its good when your in the corners for locking the wheels one way, but on the straights its a right git

James106
29th August 2009, 21:02
yeah straights, it randomly pulls you to one side

CaldzieVTR
31st August 2009, 23:34
downloading as we speak should be sweet looks good first one was class

TU-Tuning
1st September 2009, 01:02
Dirt one was a wicked game, some of the cars were well off the mark but the ones that were good were amazing. In car camera, the Scooby and a nice African stage and you almost felt like you were there, graphics were spot on and the engine sounds were amazing too

Penn
10th September 2009, 16:58
So this is released tomorrow, anyone from here getting it? Could be good fun doing some online races as the crashes are errm, quite spectacular :P

wilksey
10th September 2009, 19:00
I've already got it people, theres a shop near me that sell's them a few day's early. Bit naughty!

It's a vast improvement from the last one I must say! Deffo worth it's money personally.

Proof ;)

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr76/wilksey08_bucket/ed450d91.jpg

Penn
10th September 2009, 20:34
Cool beans, can't wait to get my hands on it although wont have much playtime this weekend, or the next actually! :(

Toad
11th September 2009, 13:22
Dirt2, NFS Shit, GT5... Can all suck my plums. Forza 3 is where it's at. ;)

smiith
12th September 2009, 14:43
Bought it yesterday, im in love with the game.

What car is everyone using for the proper rally? i was using new imprezza, but iv found that the evo seems to handle so much nicer in the hairpins and stuff, can keep the front end right on the walls as i slide round, and carry alot more speed.

They have sorted the twitchyness of the straight line driving aswell which is good

Penn
12th September 2009, 18:24
Yep I've been playing it loads, it's absolutely fucking brilliant. All the single player "americanised" stuff actually works really well and the way the menus work is flawless, really adds to the whole thing.

The handling/physics are sooooo much better than number one too, I was actually quite surprised.

ONLY bad thing about the game are the people online, all they seem to do is try and cause the biggest crash in turn one and then if you're racing properly they'll just take you out and go past you. Racing is so close that if you spin/crash, chances are you're never gonna win it.

Currently level 16 online and as soon as I've got all the online achievements i doubt I'll play it much over xbox live. Single player though is awesome!

VTRelite
12th September 2009, 19:21
Am going to Tesco/Asda/Sainsburys to try and find it lol

VJOFurio
13th September 2009, 08:43
It's a great game, I bought it on friday, although its missing the Welsh forest thrashes of the previous McRae games but it's still great fun :A:

smiith
13th September 2009, 08:52
Yep I've been playing it loads, it's absolutely fucking brilliant. All the single player "americanised" stuff actually works really well and the way the menus work is flawless, really adds to the whole thing.

The handling/physics are sooooo much better than number one too, I was actually quite surprised.

ONLY bad thing about the game are the people online, all they seem to do is try and cause the biggest crash in turn one and then if you're racing properly they'll just take you out and go past you. Racing is so close that if you spin/crash, chances are you're never gonna win it.

Currently level 16 online and as soon as I've got all the online achievements i doubt I'll play it much over xbox live. Single player though is awesome!

Know what you mean, played online once, and people are just knobbers on it, so i just play the single player, think thats probably better tbh

VTRelite
13th September 2009, 17:54
Is a wicked game although I feel the car selection could be a lot bigger

SaxoMuffin
13th September 2009, 19:26
One major thing that ruins online, is the fact you cant set-up the cars the default is shocking shizzer....:( good game though..

stinkycheese
23rd September 2009, 21:10
played the demo. 'tis aweeeesome. like an off-road GRID. purchasing payday...

smiith
4th October 2009, 22:55
One thing i think they have missed now im 82% complete, is there isnt any tracks on snow, or through forestry... which would be awesome.

cj_99
8th October 2009, 12:26
One major thing that ruins online, is the fact you cant set-up the cars the default is shocking shizzer....:( good game though..

you can you just need the host to turn it on :D

Ben
8th October 2009, 12:28
I think its an amazing game, graphics and gameplay are immense. I love it, been playing it more than COD recently. I'm at level 34 atm IIRC. Around 55% through.

SaxoMuffin
8th October 2009, 12:33
you can you just need the host to turn it on :D

Oh well I'll start playing online again then thats the only reason I went back to single player....

Whats your Gamer tag as I'd like to race some Sax-P guys but can't be arsed to fumble through the top sticky :p

Mines- ThMffnMn

(TheMuffinMan) :p

cj_99
8th October 2009, 13:10
Oh well I'll start playing online again then thats the only reason I went back to single player....

Whats your Gamer tag as I'd like to race some Sax-P guys but can't be arsed to fumble through the top sticky :p

Mines- ThMffnMn

(TheMuffinMan) :p

Aye indeed but if you get americans there right cuntashes and dont do it :(

mines Budlosky (guy out of pineapple express)

TheDanBurgess
9th October 2009, 23:10
I can honestly say I prefer the first Dirt , over dirt 2

SaxoMuffin
10th October 2009, 20:34
Anyone want a couple of races tonight I'm epically bored.

Gamertag - ThMffnMn

Ben
10th October 2009, 20:42
Anyone want a couple of races tonight I'm epically bored.

Gamertag - ThMffnMn

Might give it a go ;)

Mines bensambrook

SaxoMuffin
10th October 2009, 20:46
^^ Invite sent ;)