PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think Playstation Network is absolutely shite?

Liam_LFC_VTR
23rd July 2009, 17:16
^^^

I used to have a xbox 360 and I miss xbox live.

Far better in every way possible. XBL used to be unavailable every couple of months for a few hours so they could do improvements, that's never happened on PSN.

For example, say your in the middle of playing someone online, if you get an invite to a different game, you don't actually know you have an invite until you press start, whereas on XBL it pops up in the corner almost straight away. And you can't join someone elses game without an invite like you can on XBL by pressing the "join session in progress" button.

Theres a few more things I could rant about but I simply can't be arsed.

I'd rather pay for XBL tbh.

Rant over/

Saamuell
23rd July 2009, 17:20
360 ftw.

PS3 = homos.

Prickle
23rd July 2009, 17:27
OMG you are on it quite often, dont go on it if you arnt happy.

It does tell you somebody is sending a invite on the left corner.

Xbox > breakdown on me please.

PS3 > winnaR

saxova
23rd July 2009, 17:30
It's free, what more you want? :P

Liam_LFC_VTR
23rd July 2009, 17:35
OMG you are on it quite often, dont go on it if you arnt happy.

It does tell you somebody is sending a invite

Im on it "quite often" because ive been out of work and college for the past few months due to injuries, what else am I suppose to do with my time.
And it doesn't come up when someone invites you. Not on my ps3 anyway.
PSN is shite, almost all my mates who have a ps3 say the same.

Prickle
23rd July 2009, 17:36
Im on it "quite often" because ive been out of work and college for the past few months due to injuries, what else am I suppose to do with my time.
And it doesn't come up when someone invites you. Not on my ps3 anyway.
PSN is shite, almost all my mates who have a ps3 say the same.

It does though you just dont pay attention!

Each to their own i suppose.

Liam_LFC_VTR
23rd July 2009, 17:37
It's free, what more you want? :P

Well i paid almost £400 for the PS3 deal I got, what I want is a online service that can at least challenge XBL.

Liam_LFC_VTR
23rd July 2009, 17:38
It does though you just dont pay attention!

Each to their own i suppose.

Just because you said that im going to keep an eye out to see if it does come up ahaha

Have you ever played XBL?

Prickle
23rd July 2009, 17:40
Just because you said that im going to keep an eye out to see if it does come up ahaha

Have you ever played XBL?

No because i dont own one lol after hearing the problems its a massi put off.

Honestly it shows up on my ps3.

Liam_LFC_VTR
23rd July 2009, 17:43
No because i dont own one lol after hearing the problems its a massi put off.

Honestly it shows up on my ps3.

Tell me about it I went through 3 Xboxes

I must double check about the invite thing haha

Prickle
23rd July 2009, 17:45
Tell me about it I went through 3 Xboxes

I must double check about the invite thing haha

LOL.

You should and sometimes i do press 'start' to check as you are trying not to get killed. :P

Iirc its bold white text when someone invites you.

Liam_LFC_VTR
23rd July 2009, 17:51
LOL.

You should and sometimes i do press 'start' to check as you are trying not to get killed. :P

Iirc its bold white text when someone invites you.

Im assuming it comes up in the top right then? Thats where it tells you when someones online etc.

Prickle
23rd July 2009, 17:56
Im assuming it comes up in the top right then? Thats where it tells you when someones online etc.

It does tell you somebody is sending a invite on the left corner.

I mentioned previously. ;)

Liam_LFC_VTR
23rd July 2009, 17:59
I mentioned previously. ;)

Hmm will check that out now then ;)

BenjaM
23rd July 2009, 20:44
Had a 360 before PS3, overall i'd say PS3 is preferred choice. XBL is better when it comes to communication, inviting other people etc. But for everything else Sony is Win!

Liam_LFC_VTR
23rd July 2009, 20:47
Had a 360 before PS3, overall i'd say PS3 is preferred choice. XBL is better when it comes to communication, inviting other people etc. But for everything else Sony is Win!

Oh yeah PS3 is better in every way except online play.

I mean PSN barely even challenges XBL tbh

GrantW
23rd July 2009, 20:52
I wish there was the option to pay for a premium service on PSN, so if you dont mind the free one then dont buy the premium one, but the premium was better connection, less timeouts and easier to work etc etc.

Liam_LFC_VTR
23rd July 2009, 21:11
I wish there was the option to pay for a premium service on PSN, so if you dont mind the free one then dont buy the premium one, but the premium was better connection, less timeouts and easier to work etc etc.

tbh I wouldn't mind paying extra if it meant the network was changed/improved :y:

GrantW
23rd July 2009, 21:18
tbh I wouldn't mind paying extra if it meant the network was changed/improved :y:

Exactly, at least the option is there for people that are fed up with the shit connection.

Bowey
24th July 2009, 13:53
xpl was pritty good if you could actually play on it, i went through 4 brand new xboxs all fucked up on me, so i fucked it off and got a ps3... its just as good and has blueray so i think ps3 is better

Freakin_Sweeet
24th July 2009, 14:48
I used to have a 360, went through three so gave up and got the PS3 and I agree PSN is absolutely shite! Im tempted to get a 360 again purely for XBL

Liam_LFC_VTR
24th July 2009, 18:51
I used to have a 360, went through three so gave up and got the PS3 and I agree PSN is absolutely shite! Im tempted to get a 360 again purely for XBL

Same here but I think it would be a down grade in a way.

Would miss the internet on my PS3, Blu Ray etc.