PDA

View Full Version : Rear speaker question....??

5AMBO
28th July 2009, 14:30
I am about to buy some rear speakers simply to replace the standards as i have blown one of them and it constantly rattles now. I have been looking at some hertz ones but have noticed that different makes are different depths and as that rear pannel looks quite thin, i wondered if anyone knew the maximum width i can fit in as the hertz ones have a cone that comes out past the fixing area so not sure they will fit. Pics can be added if needed.

Hope someone can help me with this. Thanks

josh1989
28th July 2009, 15:35
best advice i can offer is to take the speaker out and see the size for yourse;f, maybe even take it to the store you're buying the speakers from and measure up :)

Naked_Assassin
28th July 2009, 16:33
Pretty sure their 10cm speakers in the back, although you could probably quite easily fit bigger ones as their just stuck on the back of the panel.

lukeyyyyyyy21
28th July 2009, 16:46
yeah read in one of the guides back are definately 10cm - fronts are 13cm..

5AMBO
28th July 2009, 18:22
Its not that measurement im after. Its the depth. As above, your correct in saying they are 10cm. I need to know what depth will fit in behind the pannel as the cone sticks out. I will post a pic of the speakers to show what i mean. I dont want to have to take the speaker out first as i am having the speakers bought for me as a present and to check, it would mean removing my rear seats, and window seal to get the rear door card pannel off.

Naked_Assassin
28th July 2009, 19:01
The speakers are the same as the fronts (Standards just smaller) and I believe there was a fair bit of room behind. Obviously your gonna wanna check as I don't know the exact measurment for sure, but I know it's a fair bit and you shouldn't have issues.

saxovtsmad
28th July 2009, 19:05
they are about 2 inches deep mate as i removed my doorcard earlier and ive just measured it for you

5AMBO
29th July 2009, 08:22
they are about 2 inches deep mate as i removed my doorcard earlier and ive just measured it for you

nice one mate. really appreciate that. def saved me a job