PDA

View Full Version : Garage = Fail big time

c8james
7th August 2009, 17:35
Took the s to the garage for its mot on tuseday, failed on a handbrake cable o/s fraid and o/s/r wheel bearing. So I said to them it has only done 2000 miles since last mot and you (the garage ) did both rears then. So anyway long story short told them to do both jobs. I ring up yesterday to find out if it was ready, got the its next on the ramp story so leaves it with them. I ring up today to find out if it is ready as I want to use it at the weekend. The mechanic says no probs all done, great I say. Then he says not to panic, what I says. well its like this Your car has fallen off the ramp. What I says. He says its not that bad and its off to the bodyshop on monday.
So the long and short is my car is now moted:P but I cant use it cos it needs bodywork to repair it falling off the ramp:n:
Really not happy

Massive Fail

davidharvey
7th August 2009, 17:36
Massive fail indeed.

I think if it was me I would be taking legal advice

kenny
7th August 2009, 17:43
ouch. sue them tbh

LeeM
7th August 2009, 17:45
i'd want to see the damage first to see the extent of it to make sure they dont bodge the repairs

Jordysport
7th August 2009, 17:56
i'd want to see the damage first to see the extent of it to make sure they dont bodge the repairs

+1 and get something for the inconvienince, and make sure they take it to a reputable bodyshop repair garage.

Pieface
7th August 2009, 17:58
I'd deffinitely want some sort of Compo. It's not in the condition it previously was, and never will be most likely. Also it could be harder to sell in the future.

Bickerton
7th August 2009, 17:58
A car (just under 1 ton) usually has alot of damage when falling off a ramp, go see it, with someone else as a witness, look for chassis dmg etc

J222JRA
7th August 2009, 18:04
as said above i woul want to see the damage before it gets touched!!!!! and take pics incase for any reason this case goes to court.

Mieran
7th August 2009, 18:18
Go see it asap and make sure they don't take it to a dodgy garage (i.e. friend of the mechanic etc).

I would also not pay for the mot or the bits they've changed because of their error.

Wizzy
7th August 2009, 18:23
That sucks mate, it was their error so make sure they get it sorted properly.

You have got to realise accidents happen though, just unlucky it was to your car!

PSPDan
7th August 2009, 18:27
Tell them you want a full respray in a custom colour as well. Win! :homme:

But yeah seriously check it yourself first.

fossie
7th August 2009, 18:34
Compo ftw dude

davidandrews5343
7th August 2009, 18:37
My rover fell off a ramp, damaged the ramp but not the car

Bickerton
7th August 2009, 18:39
My rover fell off a ramp, damaged the ramp but not the car

Bet it made the headgasket fail!

(i joke but seems to be all people can say when someone writes Rover ;))

Olly
7th August 2009, 18:44
LOL, how would they react if you dropped their car off a Lift. Check what repairs there gonna do as said above! And dont pay for anything!

bfc2dabone
7th August 2009, 18:46
I'd get an independate accessor to look at it, would also get in touch with your insurance company for advise, go see it yourself and get some fotos aswell, bad luck mate

davidandrews5343
7th August 2009, 18:56
Bet it made the headgasket fail!

(i joke but seems to be all people can say when someone writes Rover ;))

I had all the abuse, but was free car, and cost me nothing in repairs............unlike certain french cars lol

Jordysport
7th August 2009, 19:05
I had all the abuse, but was free car, and cost me nothing in repairs............unlike certain french cars lol

my rover has cost me £140 so far. not bad, don't dis rovers :P

NICK2506
7th August 2009, 22:55
that sucks mate. what twats. whenever i take my car into the garage it always comes out with a new problem....apparently its something like 50% of people dont get their car serviced as they're worried that the garage will damage their car some how or rip them off.

MattySmith
7th August 2009, 23:01
that sucks mate. what twats. whenever i take my car into the garage it always comes out with a new problem....apparently its something like 50% of people dont get their car serviced as they're worried that the garage will damage their car some how or rip them off.

mines the same aswell, put it in got a new wheel wearing and now the tracking is out and need the camber set up, pulls like fuck to the left, wasnt like that when it went in!!

back to the topic tho check the car over your self as said it might be worse than the garage makes out :boxing:

NICK2506
7th August 2009, 23:12
mines the same aswell, put it in got a new wheel wearing and now the tracking is out and need the camber set up, pulls like fuck to the left, wasnt like that when it went in!!

back to the topic tho check the car over your self as said it might be worse than the garage makes out :boxing:

yeahh when i take mine in, afterwards either the exhaust is lose or rattling, or theres some other rattle, the car feels sluggish, makes a weird noise etc etc. ...so annoying.

Luke
8th August 2009, 07:47
How on earth has it fallen off?

Very bad of the garage.

lakey_xs
8th August 2009, 07:55
i never take mine to get motd if they dont have a 4 post 2 post ramps are just shit i never leave the car to if it needs driveing on and of the ramp only i do it

RichM
8th August 2009, 09:39
If the noob who put it on the ramp properly, it shouldn't have fallen off! Hope you get something out of it and as said, check the damage out.

c8james
8th August 2009, 15:24
Been to see it and it is not as bad as they made out. Some paint and pannel work. I should have it back at the end of next week hopefully. Seems that they were jacking it up as they could not get the legs of the two poster under it and it came off the jack hitting said ramp.
So that makes me feel better. My solicitor says that I can hire a car and bill it to the garage but a farrari is out of the question as it was only a saxo. Bloody cheek

Jordysport
8th August 2009, 15:51
get a hire car, make the most of it. :y:

Rob-6
8th August 2009, 16:45
wouldnt be going back to that garage !

lakey_xs
8th August 2009, 17:17
i would want a cash payment to for all the stress and lack of car and cant get to work for a week and so on 1k should cover it lol

davidandrews5343
14th August 2009, 09:59
Found a pic of when mine fell off

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd246/davidandrews5343/DSC00814.jpg

hellovts
14th August 2009, 10:51
ah its onli a rover nuffin 2 worry bout theyre onli good for scrap nowadays most of them :P

Jordysport
14th August 2009, 10:55
ah its onli a rover nuffin 2 worry bout theyre onli good for scrap nowadays most of them :P

:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

:boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing:

c8james
14th August 2009, 11:27
Well I am still waitting to get the car back. How long ???????

marshall76
14th August 2009, 11:36
Go down to garage they seem to be taking the michael a bit, tell them your old mans a copper or works for trading standards or summat and he finishes his shift at 2pm and wants to come down with you but you'd like it back before then, bet they'll have it polished up and rolled out in 5 mins flat.

Bickerton
14th August 2009, 12:26
Contact the garage to see how ling it's gonna be, what they are gonna go to apologise for the inconvenience and then contact a solicitor

Viper
15th August 2009, 19:43
chris, ive only just seen this!

i hope you're not paying for the mot?

c8james
15th August 2009, 19:51
chris, ive only just seen this!

i hope you're not paying for the mot?

I hope I am not too. Garage seems indefferent .