PDA

View Full Version : Paypal

Graham
8th December 2009, 15:02
Hi do we have anybody on here whose a regular seller on ebay? I have a little question.

I sold my iPhone on ebay and I've heard of loads of scams on eBay about how they put the money into your account and then you send it but the moneys gone but I'm not sure how it works exactly. Anyway the bidder who won the auction only has 1 positive feedback. They've paid via paypal and the moneys in my paypal account. I tried to take the money out of my paypal account and put it into my bank account but it says its pending for 21 days.

Now does that mean I'm safe and can send the iPhone or not?

Thanks
:afro:

Rob-6
8th December 2009, 15:04
dont send it till you have the money in your account just tell the buyer they will have to wait if they are genuine they wont mind!

LouisUK
8th December 2009, 15:07
Sounds like they paid using an e-cheque. It should say if they did or not. Either way to be on the safe side, wait till the money has cleared before sending it. Make sure to let the buyer know so they don't think you've done one on them.

Edit: ^ like robvts20 said :)

Jungle_Jim
8th December 2009, 15:08
dont send it till you have the money in your account just tell the buyer they will have to wait if they are genuine they wont mind!

lol not necessarily, if i bought something off ebay in the UK sod having to wait 3 weeks for it, especially if it might be for an xmas present.

the scam your on about is where the buyer says they never receive it so file a claim and get their money back and keep the iphone. just make sure you send it special delievery so they have to sign for it and you should be fine mate

Graham
8th December 2009, 15:14
I can't really not send it until the payment has finished pending because it says its pending for 21 days. Paypal says its the payment is pending in case the buyer opens a dispute so they can get the money back.

I can't really wait 21 days before I send the phone though...

Jim - so as long as its in there they cannot take it back without opening a dispute with paypal? And yeah I am going to send it recorded delivery

Rob-6
8th December 2009, 15:15
so even if paypal put a hold on the money you are safe to send it before the money is actually in your paypal??

KamRacing
8th December 2009, 15:19
are they properly registered on Paypal with an address etc. Read Paypals seller protection policy...

Kev

Jungle_Jim
8th December 2009, 15:19
ohhh i read it as if they had paid instantly so you actually had the money in your paypal account (as in to spend) and thought you ment the 21 days was for you transfering the money from your paypal to your bank account.

yeah if its an e-cheque that means they havent assigned a bankcard as a paypal credit card so they cant pay instantly. which is their problem just let them wait and dont send it till it has cleared.

or you could cancel the payment, wait for them to verify their card and let them pay instantly

evans1089
8th December 2009, 15:28
As above. Don't send anything until payment is cleared.

Rob-6
8th December 2009, 15:30
As above. Don't send anything until payment is cleared.

thats what i thought!

Graham
8th December 2009, 15:34
On paypal it says my account balance is £0 but my pending balance is £230. It also says that it is OK to send but at the bottom of the page it also says that payment can still be reversed?

So I should message the bidder telling them of the situation? Tell them its pending and I'm not willing to send until its cleared? What if they leave me bad feedback though :(

evans1089
8th December 2009, 15:36
On paypal it says my account balance is £0 but my pending balance is £230. It also says that it is OK to send but at the bottom of the page it also says that payment can still be reversed?

So I should message the bidder telling them of the situation? Tell them its pending and I'm not willing to send until its cleared? What if they leave me bad feedback though :(

Message him, saying your not sending it until payment is cleared. Don't send it until its in your bank, and when you do send it, make sure its trackable just incase he opens a dispute.

Jungle_Jim
8th December 2009, 15:52

he wont leave you bad feedback mate, it is his fault for sending an e-cheque

KamRacing
8th December 2009, 16:02
effectively paypal have the money at the moment and not you. We never sent any goods until we had the money but we informed the customer of the situation.
Make sure you send recorded once it cleared

marcusd
8th December 2009, 16:08
agree with all above once funds clear in your bank account then sent it via special delivery as its insured more and will need to be signed for less change of them claiming its lost or something.
on the other note the scam, is te buyer sends u a fake paypal note saying he;s paid the money. when i sold my touch screen phone i had two people try it on with that one, long as u check your paypal as u have should be fine.

Liam
8th December 2009, 19:12
This happened to me mate. Post the phone and then when they give you your positive feedback Paypal release the funds. It's a ball ache, but it covers everyone's ass.