8th January 2010, 14:14
Bad news! damn ice :(

On the up side, at least you guys get a crash thread for today :y:

Johnn
8th January 2010, 14:15
Well, how did it happen Mr Don ? :(

-GG-
8th January 2010, 14:16
Aww no! :n: Are you alright ? Any pics of the damage?

J222JRA
8th January 2010, 14:17
*shakes his head*

Unlucky mate, hope your ok.

James

Dom
8th January 2010, 14:23
My mate lives in a side road, turned down it and there was a corner on a slight hill, I braked to a stand still but because of the hill I went about 5ish Mph into a curb, front tyre bent in, wishbone snapped, suspension spring in 4 pieces, track rod end snapped, rear tyre punctured, wont move at all, think the driveshafts popped out aswel, also the arch is mullered

Dom
8th January 2010, 14:25
& No pictures, not home yet, toe truck will take 3 hours :(

Tom_Crx
8th January 2010, 14:25
Sounds nasty mate, hope you get it fixed

-GG-
8th January 2010, 14:27
As long as your okay dude...car's can be replaced.

Bean
8th January 2010, 14:31
can it really do that much damage at 5 mph???? :S

bad luck dude, get it fixed and back on the road :)

AlexR
8th January 2010, 14:40
Need to be doing 30+ to even consider bending a wishbone, 70+ to snap it.

What's that smell?

Bickerton
8th January 2010, 14:42
People mount the kerb to park at faster speeds than that?

Jordysport
8th January 2010, 14:45
My mate lives in a side road, turned down it and there was a corner on a slight hill, I braked to a stand still but because of the hill I went about 5ish Mph into a curb, front tyre bent in, wishbone snapped, suspension spring in 4 pieces, track rod end snapped, rear tyre punctured, wont move at all, think the driveshafts popped out aswel, also the arch is mullered

whats that i smell?

tbh at that speed you would just go over the kerb no problem.

Hugo
8th January 2010, 14:45
Need to be doing 30+ to even consider bending a wishbone, 70+ to snap it.

What's that smell?

FLOL

Hope u ok mate and that u manage to get it repaired!! :y:

D--R--E--W
8th January 2010, 14:46
People mount the kerb to park at faster speeds than that?

What i was thinking tbh... Either that or everything on the car aint been changed in ages so was due to break

carter
8th January 2010, 15:01
Lmao unlucky mate,

get some pics up, theres no way you could snap a wish bone at 5mph! even on saxos there not that weak!

Cupra-Craig
8th January 2010, 15:25
I smell the same bullshit that other people are smelling!!

My dad parks his car half an half on kerb an drives it on at about 15mph every day an nothing!!!

Darlo-paul
8th January 2010, 15:47
All that with 5mph?
Mate, not being funny but my brother just started driving and he always hits the curbs about 5/10 mph and it only scuffs the trims.

Dom
8th January 2010, 15:52
Back home now, Buckdale's come quick, and it was sideways, wishbone was just half on the floor, must of come dislodged, mechanic was it was just a bolt that give way, was sideways into a high curb, made one hell of a noise.. Arch was damaged by a bollard on the side of the road, just cosmetic regarding that, but the track rod (i think) was rusty and has been making a noise when turning for a while tbh. Car is at a mechanics now though :)

Fair enough I will get the "Oh thats bullshit" comments but im sure if a member from Bedford on here would pop down to the mechanics to have a butchers they will see :)

Give me 5 mins to warm my hands up and I will write a long essay telling you exactly what happened with image if you like!

nicole_
8th January 2010, 15:56
gutted for you dom, youd only just fell back in love with it too lol
vts early? lol

Dom
8th January 2010, 16:10
Right, The hill outside my school, (Hill Rise) for the members from Bedford was covered in ice, managed to get up it this morning but coming away from the school today I was not so lucky.

Coming out was like skating on ice, went down so far and turned the wheel, back end slipped out and I remember looking at my speedo a few seconds before it happened, but with that in mind ice going down a hill it may have been faster but im not sure. Turned left and the car went 90 degrees and the two right wheels hit the curb at around the same time, got out, could see only a bit of metal hanging, thought it wasn't as bad as it looked seeing as I know fuck all about cars.. Noticed the suspension spring was off its strut (I think) and had gone above it (Picked up the parts of the spring and put it in my car).. Tried driving off and noticed the car was going in the opposite direction to where I was pointing the steering wheel, got out and asked my mate what the bendy metal bit on the floor was and it turned out to be a wishbone, are they bendy in the first place? or have I damaged it badly?

Anyway, behind the tyre I noticed a part of the tracking rod, but it was less than 2 inches of it, popped the bonnet and reached down and saw the rest of it, the part was snapped like a stick.. Couldn't believe it :n: The rear tyre was flat, the alloy was partly scraped and the wheel weight was hanging off.

The front tyre was bent in because it would not steer, and the Driveshaft is the only bit I know on the car due to I have had to replace it so many time and it was making one hell of a grinding noise when moving the car, so I suspect its just out, but thinking about it, it may be just because the tyre was at a bad angle..

Any members from Bedford/Kempston on here can go have a look at Hill Rise if you like just to prove its as bad as I am saying, and for the record, the hill is about a 30% angle I think in some parts.. The damage is fixable, I was just scared because tbh im a pussy when it comes to accidents, I was shaking when I wrote that original post when I was inside my mates house lol

Dom
8th January 2010, 16:12
gutted for you dom, youd only just fell back in love with it too lol
vts early? lol

Nah don't dare get back into a Saxo until the winters over, using the Landrover for a bit :y: I think if I didn't have the power steering fixed it may not have been as bad because I wont have been able to turn the wheel so quick.. Thats my excuse when my mum come and almost beat the shit out of me lol

VTS in the summer when im 19 hopefully :)

carter
8th January 2010, 16:14
why didnt you take any pics mate?

Dom
8th January 2010, 16:15
why didnt you take any pics mate?

My phone don't have a camera mate lol.. Using a Nokia 8210 because the N96 switch on button broke

adamm
8th January 2010, 16:16
tbh mate i hit a roundabout at about 50 mph and had the same damge as that my spring was fine strut was damaged though wishbone didnt even snap just bent driveshaft snapped so dont see how thats true heres the pics of what it looked like.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7550/roundabowt.jpg (http://img215.imageshack.us/i/roundabowt.jpg/)http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/roundabowt.jpg/1/w640.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img215/roundabowt.jpg/1/)

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1179/lory.jpg (http://img99.imageshack.us/i/lory.jpg/)http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/lory.jpg/1/w640.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img99/lory.jpg/1/)

Jim-Bob
8th January 2010, 16:17
Don't sound like a write off mate, will cost a few hundred to put it back together.

New wishbone - £60
New springs - £50
New track rod end - £20
New tyre - £50
2nd hand arch/wing - £30
2nd hand wheel - £30

So all fixed and back on the road for £250 ;)

James

Dom
8th January 2010, 16:17
My wheel was nowhere near as bad as that!

Dom
8th January 2010, 16:18
Don't sound like a write off mate, will cost a few hundred to put it back together.

New wishbone - £60
New springs - £50
Track rod end - £20
New tyre - £50
2nd hand arch/wing - £30
2nd hand wheel - £30

So all fixed and back on the road for £250 ;)

James

And as I said in a earlier post, Its fixable :) and thanks for the prices, Know what I will be spending now :)

Jim-Bob
8th January 2010, 16:19
And as I said in a earlier post, Its fixable :) and thanks for the prices, Know what I will be spending now :)

Only a guestimate but i know the price of the wishbone, springs and tyre are fairly accurate :y:

James

adamm
8th January 2010, 16:20
yes yes bet you wonder how i got that up that lol

adamm
8th January 2010, 16:22
My wheel was nowhere near as bad as that!

that happend because the strut came loose and was just flapping about tbh i dont have a picture of the wheel before i got it on the lorry but that was mostly done by dragging the car along just dont see how you hit a curb at 5 mph and get as uch dmamage as i got hitting that at about 40 50 in a mid spin. i have a picture when i got it off the lorry and it looks like the wheel is lening againt the car rarther than on the car because the whole wheel is out the arch

Dom
8th January 2010, 16:23
yes yes bet you wonder how i got that up that lol

Wow! haha, nice car though :) Like the colour coded bits, I have the same colour Saxo I think with the colour coded bits, would you know what colour it is exactly? Need to get the front arch thingy sprayed as its in bit bad condition with a lovely black mark going across it atm, don't want to get the wrong colour lol

adamm
8th January 2010, 16:27
my colour code is eycc i think but your might be different. yeah they look so much better c/c in my opinion. yep im glad i managed to get it fixed although it looks wel and truly fucked in them pics. according to the bloke in the car behind me andyc123 i took air when i hit the roundabout was very scary. police where there as i got out the car lucky they didnt see me driving like a knob.

Dom
8th January 2010, 16:27
that happend because the strut came loose and was just flapping about tbh i dont have a picture of the wheel before i got it on the lorry but that was mostly done by dragging the car along just dont see how you hit a curb at 5 mph and get as uch dmamage as i got hitting that at about 40 50 in a mid spin. i have a picture when i got it off the lorry and it looks like the wheel is lening againt the car rarther than on the car because the whole wheel is out the arch

My wheel was nowhere near as bent in as that, Maximum 1 or 2 inches, im sure if AshleyP comes on here he would be able to tell you that Hill Rise is steep, 5mph was what the speedo said a few seconds before I went sliding, because its a hill it may have been faster going sideways, made my head hit the seatbelt bit when the impact happened :/

adamm
8th January 2010, 16:31
yeah im not really botherd if you was going faster mate im not like the others on here and have a go at you but if that the truth then thats unlucky to get that damage good luck with it though.

Dom
8th January 2010, 16:33
yeah im not really botherd if you was going faster mate im not like the others on here and have a go at you but if that the truth then thats unlucky to get that damage good luck with it though.

Thanks bud :y:

adamm
8th January 2010, 16:36
no probs mate i was gutted when i did that and i can imagine what it would be like when people start giving you shit for it.

Dom
8th January 2010, 16:38
no probs mate i was gutted when i did that and i can imagine what it would be like when people start giving you shit for it.

Its alright tbh, frustrating, whats even worse is the mates on facebook that give me shit lol, even the two that were in the car with me are laughing about it, even they admit it wasn't my fault so its all good :)

I have learnt my lesson, in the snow, don't go school.

baker556
8th January 2010, 16:40
must be more than 5mph dude...

adamm
8th January 2010, 16:42
lol my lesson was to not try racing a clio sport well outbreaking it anyway haha.

Dom
8th January 2010, 16:46
lol my lesson was to not try racing a clio sport well outbreaking it anyway haha.

Hahaha im sure the SaxP bandwagon will come along now and slate you for that, but its your car mate, your rules tbh, everyones different..

and for that other comment above yours, please don't bother commenting either before you have read through my posts, I will pick out the parts for you to look at Hill Sideways Curb Speedo said 5 Felt faster when hitting the curb due to sliding on ice.

adamm
8th January 2010, 16:48
lol yeah and to be ohnest they can have ago at me all they want im not botherd and i ent gunna waste my time arguing with sum1 i dont know and will never know lol

Dom
8th January 2010, 17:11
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/Domleydon/IMG00045.jpg

Just took a pic using my webcam of a part of the spring I brought home, its about 4 months old and was cheap when I got it, surprised it snapped off, but oh well, this bit is from the top of it