PDA

View Full Version : vtr manifold and cat question!

euro_vtr123
9th January 2010, 16:21
I own a mk2 vtr (2000) and i bought the car with a supersprint centre section, and i recently added a miltek manifold which i bought second hand from ebay (lol). The guy i bought it from reckoned it came off a mk2 but it has 2 lambda take offs. 1 of which is being used as normal and the other i blocked up with an 18mm threaded bolt. Its overfueling to fuck and im not 100% sure if its the right manifold for the car. Its knocking against the gearbox slightly in reverse which has got me wondering! Also im thinking of putting the cat back on to see if that might help with the fuel situation so im guessing the mk2s have the cat underneath as opposed to on the manifold? Does anyone know what setup the cat is on the mk2 or do they vary? Nice one! :y:

jeffchiz
9th January 2010, 16:26
hey mate i cant be too much help but you will have the early silver top engine (90bhp) thats the same thats in my mk1 saxo, and the cat should be under the car. so it goes manifold, cat, centre section, back box :y:

richy_t_123
9th January 2010, 17:04
mk1's with the single plug ecu have the cat under the car with 1 lambda
and the mk2's 3plug ecu have the cat in the mani with 2lambda's

with your being a 2000 mk2 it could have eather the mk1 r mk2 engine init as 2000 is on the change over.

hope this helps

reeves89
9th January 2010, 19:07
if its got the plastic element type oil filter and u didnt hav 2 move tht wen u fitted the manifold its a mrk2 an uve got a mrk2 manifold.

i had a mrk2 vtr ive got a feeling ther ws a lambda on or before the cat and another after

jeffchiz
9th January 2010, 23:16
just look at your ecu if its 1 plug the cat is under the car if its 3 plugs then its cat in manifold easy lol but im 99% sure you have a 90bhp engine