PDA

View Full Version : afr gauge

supersav
3rd August 2003, 00:54
i'm still in the building stage and have an afr gauge but at idle it shows no read out, also it shows no read out if you gently buid the revs, however, if i "blip" the throttle then it registers momentarilly then drops with the revs. I've not had a chance to test it with any load on the engin as i've still to fit the brakes and drive shafts. Does this appear, at this stage, to be working correctly?

Cheers.

Pete

Simo
30th August 2003, 18:15
Your AFR should always show a signal... unless your ratio truely is below the scale.

Some lambda probes require a few minutes to warm up to temperature before they start to work...

When you "lift off" the throttle, the AFR usually drops off the scale.. this is normal. but on full throttle, it should be clearly in the green/red.

supersav
31st August 2003, 16:43
so even at idle it should be showing someting? on the lap top mine only ever shows 4mv at idle reguarless of any engin temp and reguarless of how rich i set the mixture, even if i set it so rich the engin stalls. but when i blip the throttle the mv's rise and then fall with the engin speed, and the afr led mirror this. 02 sensor fault maby then?

samholt
31st August 2003, 20:46
lambda sensor fault...these are generally known to go on the vtr's anyway...