PDA

View Full Version : Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty

madprof
12th April 2006, 00:01
A couple of pics I took when on Holiday in March. I'm glad this cat wasn't interested in me!!

/members/madprof/ACAZB_img_1149_processed.jpg

/members/madprof/F19B3_img_1150_processed.jpg

/members/madprof/BCA24_img_1159_processed.jpg

pug_boe
13th April 2006, 00:41
aww how cute lol

Reef
13th April 2006, 00:47
tigers are so cool smileys/smiley16.gif

Frevo
13th April 2006, 00:55
Nice camera and photoshop plugin for the border smileys/smiley2.gif

The pics are bit 'flat' though. Next time try taking them at -2/3 or -1 stop.

oz_borne
13th April 2006, 13:56
just what i thought frev....honest

smileys/smiley14.gif

Simo
15th April 2006, 00:54
Hi Stevie...

Nice pics! smileys/smiley14.gif I'd have been scared of that dodgy Spanish glass cracking smileys/smiley2.gif

Taking sharp photos through glass is always going to be awkward. As much as it pains me, I think Im coming to terms with the fact that a little post-processing in Photoshop is acceptable.

I never thought Id say that smileys/fcuk.gif

I dont have Photoshop CS on this laptop, but I'd experiment with the highlights/shadows option under the adjustments tab.

I've made minor alterations in PS7 to the saturation level and a quick USM.

I'm not sure if you think the natural or processed image is 'better'??

No-processing...
http://www.sax-p.com/members/madprof/F19B3_img_1150_processed.jpg

Minor photoshop processing...
/members/Simo/337AF_F19B3_img_1150_processed2.jpg

Suie
15th April 2006, 00:58
well done stevo... its all about having fun with your hobby!

Suie

hesslevtr
15th April 2006, 02:00
nice pics

i never knew tigers were that big smileys/smiley3.gif

madprof
15th April 2006, 02:23

Thanks for the tips Frevo. Admittedly I didn't really see any problems with the photos until you pointed them out. Only then was it obvious.
It'll be a lot easier and quicker learning from other people and their views on my photos than hiding them away.

I've had a go at enhancing the photo and it looks a lot better. smileys/smiley14.gif

Simo
15th April 2006, 02:27

Thanks for the tips Frevo. Admittedly I didn't really see any problems with the photos until you pointed them out. Only then was it obvious.
It'll be a lot easier and quicker learning from other people and their views on my photos than hiding them away.

I've had a go at enhancing the photo and it looks a lot better. smileys/smiley14.gif

And I need you to learn quick Steve... so that you can teach me!

I know theres no way Im going to ever read the manual... although I did have a quick flick through the condensed manual today, whilst I was sat in the hand carwash smileys/smiley17.gif

If in doubt - throw it in Auto mode smileys/smiley17.gif

DaveG
16th April 2006, 21:40
Keep practising Si smileys/sad.gif Your PP has made it look radioactive smileys/happy.gif

Simo
17th April 2006, 03:54
Keep practising Si smileys/sad.gif Your PP has made it look radioactive smileys/happy.gif

That wasn't a practice session Dave, it was a quick over-saturation to show that the colours could be picked up a lot. smileys/smiley2.gif

Feel free to show Stevo how a pro does it though! We chatted about this last week - I was going to ask Fred to have a dabble smileys/smiley17.gif