PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Groups

Lilreg999
20th July 2010, 23:36
Was looking online at Ins Grps for different cars,
As im looking to sort ma self out with a car sometime this month, as im currently using some elses. Been looking at following

MG ZR 1.4 Group 7
Pug 306 1.4 Group 4
Pug 306 1.9TD Group 5
Vaux Corsa C 1.4 SRi Group 5
Vaux Vectra 2L DTi Group 7
Saxo VTR 1.6 Group 7
VW golf 1.4S Group 4
----------------------------------------------
All of them are in same range of groups but would i realy be able to insure the 1.9 or the 2L for the same price as the others. Seems as there in same group

Lilreg999
20th July 2010, 23:54
Also forgot to mention all them are 3dr except the vectra

VTR_Steve
21st July 2010, 09:57
There is no set standard for insurance groups, each company rate the vehicles seperatly, websites like parkers will give you an indication though. Some companies have insurance groups 1-100 some 1-20.

Thats why each company will give you a different rate, its all about their stats on the car/driver/area etc and how much of a risk the combination is.

Also, i looked into getting a zr and they wanted alot more than they wanted for me getting my vtr.

Lilreg999
21st July 2010, 11:18
Parkers is where i got them stats from.
Its just at the moment im on my dads policy on provisional on his Vectra DTi, Vaux Nova GSi on there. Costs me under 2k. So was thinking if i pass and also get a vectra DTi could insure it for around 3300-3500 :D
Might be a diesel but my dads is rapid :D (Y)

VTR_Steve
21st July 2010, 12:19
Parkers is quality for stats and stuff on your motors:y: the insurance groups is a fair guide. The only thing you can really do is put a quote through on any comparison website, then change the vehicles, will give u a good idea of what you will be looking at.

IMO you would be much better getting a vtr, the zr has head gasket problems, pugs are sluggish, i would write the vectra off as a 19 year old, good if you wnna be different, but c'mon its a deisel, and the vtr is quicker than the corsa or golf :y:

Lilreg999
21st July 2010, 12:30
I drive ma dads vectra constantly and being 17 i think its a laugh lol.
But there again ive been lucky enough to drive a redtop nova. Its more how you drive really. Ive had a few bumps and bangs.. nothing major ended up in a hedge or 2 lol.