PDA

View Full Version : reverse lights not working. help please :(

jamieb809
30th July 2010, 15:50
only yesterday i noticed neither of my reverse lights are working. i checked both bulbs, both of which are fine, i checked the light connectors and all seems well.

then i thought it might be the reverse light switch in the gearbox, i checked the connector and wires to the switch and these seem fine.

its only done 25,000 miles so it seems a bit early for the switch to go.

any ideas?? :(

vtrmann
30th July 2010, 19:42
i thought they were only 1 reverse light. only 1 lights up on mine gonna have to have a look. check ya fuses cant think of much else you aint done. bad earth maybe.

grumpypants
31st July 2010, 13:30
Check Fuse No 7 for the reverse light and brake lights. Use a multimeter on the reverse switch. Disconnect the plug on the switch, have the ignition 'on' and select reverse gear. Have the multimeter selected to 200 ohm setting and put the probes onto the switch pins. If there is a reading (low reading) then the swich is fine. If there is just the figure 1 showing then the switch is suspect.

jamieb809
2nd August 2010, 14:27
right so ive checked the earths (both fine).
checked the fuse also fine.
i used a multimeter both on the switch. (but also on the plug to the reverse lights, to see wether the circuit is complete) and seem fine.
i even tried different bulbs to make sure it wasnt the bulbs.
and still the reverse lights persist to be a pain in the neck.
anymore ideas? :/

jamieb809
25th August 2010, 22:43
anyone????

bald24
26th August 2010, 00:11
http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61847

Post 20 might be of some use, but give the whole topic a read :)

Meto
26th August 2010, 12:43
http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61847

Post 20 might be of some use, but give the whole topic a read :)

This is the most likely cause IMO. Only around £15 on ebay too.

RachBabyX
26th August 2010, 12:51
i thought they were only 1 reverse light. only 1 lights up on mine gonna have to have a look. check ya fuses cant think of much else you aint done. bad earth maybe.

most saxos come with only 1 reverse light but there is a socket to put another bulb in if you wanted too. i have two reverse lights in mine because i think it looks more even :) im just a perfectionist though.

chrissy198623
25th October 2011, 19:40
which fuse is it for your reverse lights as both of mine dont work on my saxo checked the bulbs n they are fine, havent got a hand book so dont know which fuse is for the reverse lights

Mochachino
25th October 2011, 19:42
check the fuse diagrams in the stickies of this section. Or check post 3 of this thread which you should be able to find as you found this year old thread easy enough.

samuel13
25th October 2011, 20:00
check the holder that non off the metal connectors are bent. i checked mine for voltage etc was all fine then found the connecters were bent stopping a good touch with the bulb