PDA

View Full Version : Rattles in my car!!!!!!

fusion djs
4th December 2002, 23:38
hi peeps,

need some help I have not long ago got a Saxo Vtr, and have upgraded the Ice. The thing that is buggin me is the amiunt of rattles inside the car when the sub kicks in.

What would you say the best solution to rattles and bangs on door panels and windows???/

Simo
5th December 2002, 03:11
If you're getting rattles due to high bass levels then youre gonna have to sound deaden the panels...

Its quite a common thing. You can use sticky backed material, or spray sound deadener... Two example makes would be Dynamat and Brown Bread.

Simo'

Gabbastard
5th December 2002, 06:11
Cheap alternative,why not use bitumen,like the roof felt waterproofing shit. Ive heard of people using bitumen out a tub before,and I dont see why not,loads of sound deadening mats are bitumen based.

Racey
19th December 2002, 02:33
HI, dont go spending silly cash on Dynamat etc. Unfortunatly Saxos are French and are not the very best of build quality inside the cab, though a massive improvement on the earlier cars (AX's). I have a an AX and it rattles like crazy. Last week i took up all the carpet and put carpet underlay underneath it, i also glued it to the inside of the back panels. The difference was huge!! made the car so much quieter. All i am saying is, there are many alternatives to Dynamat etc, but if you are playing really loud bass, its a bit of a losing battle, because the bass will just keep creating rattles. Hope this helps.