PDA

View Full Version : Driveshaft ripoff?

Thesonicrecreation
11th August 2010, 16:18
Well i found out last week that apparently both of my driveshafts were knackered, so i took it into a garage around ilkeston and had them done.
Ended up costing £261, can't helping feeling like iv been ripped off :( .

Have I? Or isnt that too bad

Furioman
11th August 2010, 16:50
probibly a wee bit shafts probibly cost 150 so 110 on top for a half our job they have expensive labour rates

billytalbott
11th August 2010, 17:39
i got a drivers side drive shaft brand new from parkers for 35 quid and fitted it my self took half hour, so i would of thought u have been ripped of mate

Krys_23
11th August 2010, 17:50
Driveshaft replacement is easy and doesnt take long, should've done it yourself but you'll learn the hard way i'm afraid, i payed £300 for front discs doing before , got burnt quite bad.

saxo-parts
11th August 2010, 19:03
who the hell in Ilkeston charged you that lol. Christ, I charge £40 plus parts to fit a pair inc gearbox oil, shafts are approx £55 each, think you've been stiffed bud, not Lightfoot was it who charged you that by any chance lol, someones got to pay for his new GT3!!

vtrmann
11th August 2010, 19:25
where did ya get one from for 55 quid. got garage to do mine shaft cost about 70 quid from moto factors driver side. had new hub and caliper fitted for 25 other day not bad really most charge 40 an hour.

Moke
11th August 2010, 19:27
I've done same mate. I paid £200 for have my 2 driveshafts replaced :n:

It's not that you have been ripped off, it's just that you could have done it yourself cheaper.

Ah well, I learnt my lesson, so did you :y:

Bickerton
11th August 2010, 19:28
non, it's that you have been ripped off, it's is no more than an hours labour for them if i'm honest and ima Baker ;)

saxo-parts
11th August 2010, 19:32
where did ya get one from for 55 quid. got garage to do mine shaft cost about 70 quid from moto factors driver side. had new hub and caliper fitted for 25 other day not bad really most charge 40 an hour.

motor factors in ilkeston, but we buy a hell of a lot of driveshafts off them, almost daily lol, theres quite a few people on here got them fitted by us with no problems either

Moke
11th August 2010, 19:37
motor factors in ilkeston, but we buy a hell of a lot of driveshafts off them, almost daily lol, theres quite a few people on here got them fitted by us with no problems either

I was gonna come say hi when I was down your , picking up my new VTR, coz JACKO-VTR said you were right near him lol.

saxo-parts
11th August 2010, 19:38
should have popped in Mike, kettles always on lol

Tink170292
11th August 2010, 20:12
sounds like you did get ripped off slightly lol

saxo-parts
11th August 2010, 21:18
http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=132

would have been a sight cheaper lol, we are always on here and in Ilkeston!

Thesonicrecreation
12th August 2010, 13:45
who the hell in Ilkeston charged you that lol. Christ, I charge £40 plus parts to fit a pair inc gearbox oil, shafts are approx £55 each, think you've been stiffed bud, not Lightfoot was it who charged you that by any chance lol, someones got to pay for his new GT3!!

yooo, yeah it was, i think you know jack? he told me to go to you, but i'd already booked in and everything. shame. bye bye this months wage

saxo-parts
12th August 2010, 15:28
yooo, yeah it was, i think you know jack? he told me to go to you, but i'd already booked in and everything. shame. bye bye this months wage

lol jack with the black mk2?

Beauu
12th August 2010, 16:38
yeh man probably im gettin a new one on saturday mates fitting it for me n gettin it for £40 max