PDA

View Full Version : failed scam/problem

Mcwaffle
23rd September 2010, 13:09
did a deal on my angel eyes for 40 quid and standards with dazzy_r.

i aranged 2 couriers 1 to collect his lights for £9 and 1 to collect my lights £17 because of them being angels. (i have invoices)

his 1 arrived today smashed glass because it hasnt been packed at all and clips all superglued on from a previous smash clearly. (pictures)

i have refused to send my lights and sent him his broken 1s back at £9 delivery (next day) invoice also! i am not refunding him the £10 that is left from the £49 sent to me because i havent been able to work for 2 days with no car am i being unreasenable?

Mcwaffle
23rd September 2010, 13:10
he is now threatening to come smash my car up and stuff

Chr15
23rd September 2010, 13:10
let him

Mcwaffle
23rd September 2010, 13:15
being unreasenable am i then?

Jordysport
23rd September 2010, 13:43
try claiming from the courier.

SAM-S44MDS-
23rd September 2010, 14:02
As said try claiming from the courrier :y:

i wouldn't say it's unreasonable, if he hasn't packaged them up suitably for delivery then you shouldn't lose out costs.

But to try and save either of you losing out on money, see if you can claim 1st

Mcwaffle
24th September 2010, 12:52
the courier said they couldnt because of it being glass

SAM-S44MDS-
24th September 2010, 14:42
That's a shitter tbf :n:

Hard to say who should pay it tbh until we have heard the other side.

But its obv going to be you will say you shouldn't pay it because you're lights are fine and he's where damaged.
And he will say they where fine when they left him and either the courier or you have damaged them.

This thread won't solve anything unfortunately mate :n: you need to speak between yourselves over PM imo, but one of you will lose out and not be best pleased, but thats how it will go.

Mcwaffle
24th September 2010, 15:41
he just threatend me so ? :-/ i dnt really no how to act. i will agree glass was smashed in courier but clips without a doubt wernt because they have been badly stuck back on.

SAM-S44MDS-
24th September 2010, 15:46
Maybe post some screenshots up of the PMs sent both ways mate?
Then we can see the convo

Jim-Bob
24th September 2010, 17:30
Sounds like it was a fail on his part, i would do the same in your situation mate, no fault of your own, couriers should be responsible for damage whilst in their care though...

And the fact you had to use couriers suggests he's not local to you? In which case your car is probably safe ;)

James

deks36
24th September 2010, 18:57
think you are just about right,if he is threathening you keep all correspondence and if you are seriously worried then report it to the police, had this kind of grief from someone as i sold a car elsewhere that he wanted you wouldnt believe the threats i got but it cam to nothing most of the time its just people mouthing off

As below if you havent done so you must return his item, i am guessing the reason yours was dearer to post was due to extra value of your lights
also I would just send the balance if any back aswell just to end the situation.you cant blame the other party because you took time off work to sort the deal that was your choice. they should have sent you useable goods though

jonathon5
24th September 2010, 21:43
Your not being fair , he has sent you shit, you have sent nothing .

You need to send him his light back less £18 for postage costs, you arranged the courier

as for the £17 you lost collecting yours, thats sounds way too expensive. The couriers work on weight & size not if the style of light you are sending. Tuff turkey you chose not to send them

Be fair

Mcwaffle
25th September 2010, 09:57
i have agreed to send him his lights back plus whatever money is left proberly about £9 or just bin his lights and send the £15 but i have had no reply.

SAM-S44MDS-
25th September 2010, 13:01
did a deal on my angel eyes for 40 quid and standards with dazzy_r.

i aranged 2 couriers 1 to collect his lights for £9 and 1 to collect my lights £17 because of them being angels. (i have invoices)

his 1 arrived today smashed glass because it hasnt been packed at all and clips all superglued on from a previous smash clearly. (pictures)

i have refused to send my lights and sent him his broken 1s back at £9 delivery (next day) invoice also! i am not refunding him the £10 that is left from the £49 sent to me because i havent been able to work for 2 days with no car am i being unreasenable?

i have agreed to send him his lights back plus whatever money is left proberly about £9 or just bin his lights and send the £15 but i have had no reply.

Contradicting the original post there abit mate.
You said you have already sent them back and have invoice to prove, now you are saying that you will give him £15 and bin his lights.
How can you bin them if you have sent them back?

Mcwaffle
25th September 2010, 15:02
he hasnt replyed to what he wants? im happy to do either? if he doesnt want broken lights and wants more money? the courier didnt turn up and am getting the money back (have print screen from dhl) hence why i could send the money instead?

Mcwaffle
25th September 2010, 20:36
problem has been resolved!

J222JRA
26th September 2010, 17:40
Good Good.