PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 3gs replacement?

craig180
18th October 2010, 11:42
Looking for a phone to replace my 3gs which has been pretty cool up to now but has started to develop a few niggly problems.

Currently on o2 but will consider moving away from them, but wondering - is anything even close to the way the iPhone works yet?

Seen the samsung galaxy and the new BB Torch but not sure I'm sold on them

Is my only real option an iPhone 4? Tesco mobile are offering them on a 12 month contract wth decent package and not too expensive to buy the handset on contract and they piggyback the o2 network

jsdvtr
18th October 2010, 12:32
I love my iphone 4 mate, had a 3g before hand. A mate of mine had a blackberry not sure which but upgraded too 4g and says its alot better.

lyndon
18th October 2010, 17:46
I run a 3g, the mrs has an iPhone 4.. The difference is ridiculous, If you got the cash go for the iPhone 4, It's blisteringly quick, HD video, 5mp camera WITH a flash finally.. I could go on.. fap fap fap

Failing that, *sparks controversy* Android 'poor mans ios' Even though it works better :P

jpsaxo
18th October 2010, 20:02
Dont go on android they are crap, my mate has one and hates it, crashes all the time, even with the latest froyo software. Battery life is shocking as well (He has the desire)

IMO you might as well wait until the next iphone comes out now...

Oh and tesco mobile are supposed to be shite 3g coverage, and im assuming as you have an iphone you would want the best 3g coverage!

barrett
20th October 2010, 17:50
Girlfriend has the samsung galaxy s. It terrible compared to iPhone. Light weight, but feels flimsy. Terrible interface. Don't like the software.

I upgraded from 3gs to 4.

Had a blackberry in the past. Liked it alot but the iPhone is alot better.

Little sisters both have BBs now, used them and still prefer iPhone.

On the whole the BB is the poormans iPhone.

haz_pro
21st October 2010, 08:55
If you like the iphone 3gs then i would get the 4 if you HAVE to, if you can live with it for another year then i would wait, i cant see the 4 being much of an upgrade over the 3gs tbh, 3g another story.

Blackberry is just as good of a phone, well i dont know about the torch, but there older handsets. They are designed for a purpose and they work for it very well. Alot of kids have BB now but as a fashion statement. I would get bored with one to be honest as there is a lack of apps. But might one get one if i need a business phone one day.

Goose
21st October 2010, 09:28
Ive just bought a Blackberry torch and its mint, Blackberry OS6 system, 50/50 between a torch and iphone i'd say.

billy-lindsay
21st October 2010, 16:02
iphone 4, best 35 pound a month i spend.