PDA

View Full Version : Official Nintendo Wii Component Video Cable - Any good?

Tony
11th December 2010, 14:59
So disappointed with the Wii's graphics I am thinking of getting the Official Nintendo Wii Component Video Cable.

Has anyone got this? Is it worth it?

AXracing
12th December 2010, 21:53
If your HD TV is anything like my one and well most out there they have truly terrible handling of pal inputs and the component cable will give you a massive improvement. I got a cheap copy as the official ones where sold out at my local shops.

Tony
13th December 2010, 11:38
Are the cheaper ones OK?

They have some bad reviews.

rushy_23
13th December 2010, 12:27
I bought the 480p cable for my Wii. Not sure if this is the same as the component cable? Think it is actually.

It made the picture much sharper, but due to the low resolution it was still blocky. Worth the buy IMO.

Tony
13th December 2010, 15:32
Did you get the official one mate?

I am debating which one to get. There are some proper cheap ones, like £1.93 delivered, then the Nintendo cable is £18 (some places have it for less just not in stock). So a bit of a difference!

I missed out on a used official one on eBay.

AXracing
13th December 2010, 15:32
Are the cheaper ones OK?

They have some bad reviews.

The one i got was not bad and was free from Chips but I would get a Nintendo one if you can as there is some right cheap junk out there.

Tony
13th December 2010, 17:27
Well I'll test the cheapo one and report back with how I get on.

rushy_23
14th December 2010, 06:52
Mine was a cheapo one off Ebay. Around £4 at the time inc delivery. Did the job.

Try searching google or youtube for a comparison video. Dont expect Xbox or PS3 quality graphics but it will sharpen things up nicely.

Tony
14th December 2010, 15:38
Yeah I was saying to my bro that even 480p will be cack compared to the PS3 but I'm hoping it will be noticeably different than 480i lol.