PDA

View Full Version : Will rooting sort this out?

Mochachino
9th January 2011, 15:55
Can someone tell me the settings please and how you create a new connection on an android phone, Galaxy S.

haz_pro
9th January 2011, 16:04
You tried the o2 forum mate? I used to find the settings for my old phones on there if I was having problems!

Mochachino
9th January 2011, 16:54
I tried the o2 site for the text to recive settings, but I havnt had a reply lol.

Il try the forum now. I found some settings on another forum but cant work out where to create the profile for them. Also cant find the email I had from the customer services when I first got the phone with all the details :(

dalecheesy
9th January 2011, 23:39
Is it not still possible to text ACTIVE to 2020? If not try : http://mobileguide.o2.co.uk/devices/device.jsp?deviceId=651&tab=8

Mochachino
10th January 2011, 00:08
Done that twice and got nothing back :S

I cant get 3g now for some reason, I updated my phone earlier and now I cant get 3 g, no matter where I am and therefore internet wont work. Fuck.

dalecheesy
10th January 2011, 00:13
Might have to manually enter the settings if the cheeky sods arent sending you them. Bit of a clart on but it might solve your problem fingers crossed.

haz_pro
10th January 2011, 00:13
The problem may be that its not an iphone?
lol iJoke.

Mochachino
10th January 2011, 11:19
Might have to manually enter the settings if the cheeky sods arent sending you them. Bit of a clart on but it might solve your problem fingers crossed.

Still had the settings in it!

The problem may be that its not an iphone?
lol iJoke.

lol iphone :homme: :p

Just phoned o2 and they couldnt help suggested the things I already tried, so they put me through to samsung :panic: they said factory reset, which ive done now and it dosent look like im getting 3G still! :(

Will have to take it to the o2 shop now for them to send it away this takes the piss!

Dont update to 2.2.1 Android :(

Mochachino
10th January 2011, 11:36
will rooting this possibly sort it out?

haz_pro
10th January 2011, 12:07
Could do, but it may be a hardware issue :-\, i hope not for your sake as phone repair is a notoriously bad and slow process!

MunkyBoy
10th January 2011, 12:11
Won't be hardware if its after a software update.

These are the settings for manually adding an access point:

Homepage: http://mobile.o2.co.uk/
Access point: mobile.o2.co.uk
Username: mobileweb
Password: password
Session type: Continuous / permanent
Authentication: Normal
Security: Off

Email servers (POP): mail.o2.co.uk
Email servers (SMTP): smtp.o2.co.uk
DNS Servers: 193.113.200.200 and 193.113.200.201

Mochachino
10th January 2011, 12:28
Thanks above for the settings.

Could do, but it may be a hardware issue :-\, i hope not for your sake as phone repair is a notoriously bad and slow process!

I dont think its a hardware problem either as it happened immediatly after the update :n:

Id roll it back if I knew how to 2.2 but I dont lol

Is rooting like another operating system?

Also thinking, that the 3G symbol dosent appear at all anymore and even if I had the correct settings it wouldnt be able to do anything without it being 3G on my phone. I guess a faulty driver or something for the 3G

haz_pro
10th January 2011, 12:55
Ah okay, i should have read better! Just sounds more like a hardware issue, as shouldnt thi shappen to everyone with the galaxy. You could try routing it, i think its like having a completely different rom on the device, i could be wrong though as i dont own a android phone, just been programming for it at uni!

MunkyBoy
10th January 2011, 14:41
Rooting is gaining admin access to the files on your device, not what you need.

What you need to do is find a stock 2.2 rom and reflash the device to go to this, then see if you have the same issue,

haz_pro
10th January 2011, 15:48
I dont think its a hardware problem either as it happened immediatly after the update :n:

Thinking back mate, it may be hardware, and just a coincidence.

My old iphone i updated, and then it broke literally just after, so maybe it is a hardware issue. As said try and find a fresh android install and see what happens.

chester-lad
10th January 2011, 19:48
go to xda forum have a chat with them mate

Mochachino
10th January 2011, 22:52
Ah okay, i should have read better! Just sounds more like a hardware issue, as shouldnt thi shappen to everyone with the galaxy. You could try routing it, i think its like having a completely different rom on the device, i could be wrong though as i dont own a android phone, just been programming for it at uni!

Possible, but hardly anyone has this 2.2.1 update after a google search. I updated using Kies (Samsungs Computer program), so guess its a very recent update.

Rooting is gaining admin access to the files on your device, not what you need.

What you need to do is find a stock 2.2 rom and reflash the device to go to this, then see if you have the same issue,

I see I see, idealy thats what I should do, will do what the post belows says about rolling back to 2.2

Thinking back mate, it may be hardware, and just a coincidence.

My old iphone i updated, and then it broke literally just after, so maybe it is a hardware issue. As said try and find a fresh android install and see what happens.

Il try this roll back then if still no luck il put it down to hardware ffail and take it in the shop :(

go to xda forum have a chat with them mate

cheerrs mate, will have a go.