PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Back-up

J222JRA
11th January 2011, 11:11
Guys and gals....

Having a new blackberry later today and just wondering....i have the blackberry software on my laptop......have just done a full backup.....does that backup me contacts list??

Also if i connect the new phone to the laptop, run the software etc etc i can send all my stuff to the new handset.....correct??

Thanks in advance

LittleDude101
11th January 2011, 18:04
correct and correct

having a few problems with my blackberry torch so having to do this every other day when I get the new phone delivered

On the software, and go to the back up option, you can choose to carry everything over iirc (might be worth double checking)

J222JRA
11th January 2011, 21:17
correct and correct

having a few problems with my blackberry torch so having to do this every other day when I get the new phone delivered

On the software, and go to the back up option, you can choose to carry everything over iirc (might be worth double checking)

Thankyou for your reply buddy. It was really simple, connect the new phone to the laptop, open the software. It recognises the new device, you have to add the device to your software by just clicking add lol.

Then file, restore and voila all sorted.

I did have to sign into the blackberry website though and reset my email passwords.