PDA

View Full Version : Windows - Perspex Vs Polycarb

JoshB
11th January 2011, 18:16
Pro's and Con's between the two?

Perspex is a damn site cheaper, I'm guessing its more prone to cracking though?

Also, would a 106 kit fit a saxo? I thought the rear window was slightly different?

Dave_P
11th January 2011, 18:52
I used a sheet of 4mm thick Ariel liteglaze (from B&Q) cut to size for my 106 doors & rear window, i kept the rear side windows for added ventilation in warm weather.

Saxo & 106 rear side windows are different so not interchangeable.

Colin
11th January 2011, 19:16
Perspex "shatters" rather than just breaking, and goes yellow if left in sunlight. Also it tends to scratche a hell of a lot more and easier.

LeeM
11th January 2011, 20:23
ive seen 106 side rears used in a saxo, does the job of replacing the window but doesnt fill the gap around the edge on the c pillar

JoshB
11th January 2011, 21:05
Dont think I'm prepared to cut my own!

Think I'll stick to polycarbonate then, who sells the best ones at a reasonable price?

andywiddss1
11th January 2011, 21:41
http://www.plastics4performance.com/Lexan--Makrolon--Perspex-race-and-rally-windows-and-window-kits/CITROEN---Lexan--Makrolon-polycarbonate-windows/CITROEN-SAXO/Citroen-Saxo-Polycarbonate-window-kits/c-1-288-342-388-779/

Mochachino
13th January 2011, 15:39
ACW Motorsport Plastics is where I got mine from.

£205 I think I paid.

- Thats for both rear quarters in same size as standard glass, or you can have the smaller ones which fit the indent. Also can have the black surround like standards.
- Rear window.
- Front doors, with 4 hole cut outs, need to buy sliders which I thought came with.

£20 for postage, takes 7 daysish for them to post. Mine arrive on Monday.

jsdvtr
13th January 2011, 16:03
ACW Motorsport Plastics is where I got mine from.

£205 I think I paid.

- Thats for both rear quarters in same size as standard glass, or you can have the smaller ones which fit the indent. Also can have the black surround like standards.
- Rear window.
- Front doors, with 4 hole cut outs, need to buy sliders which I thought came with.

£20 for postage, takes 7 daysish for them to post. Mine arrive on Monday.

Just had a look, very good prices compared to performanceplastics. They dont do formed or anything though.

Anyone know what condensation, etc's like with polycarbs?

Mochachino
13th January 2011, 16:07
I wernt sure if they were formed, where abouts does it say?

jsdvtr
13th January 2011, 16:13
I wernt sure if they were formed, where abouts does it say?

Well there is'nt the option to get formed which i would of guessed they will just be flat. Have you got your's yet? Worth looking and see'ing if they are flat or formed?

As the one's from performanceplastics are near £400 for formed set with sliders, etc. Nearly double the price.

Mochachino
13th January 2011, 16:25
Arrive on monday. Will find out then.

Mochachino
17th January 2011, 13:01
Mine aint formed! But that dont bother me tbh:

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg33/dan_sax/2011%20-%20Saxo/polycarbs.jpg