PDA

View Full Version : polycarb windows

NickRDK
11th February 2011, 13:20
Does anyone have any suggestions where best to source polycarb windows for my 205? I am looking for good quality and a very good price :)

Cheers

Nick

Mochachino
11th February 2011, 13:25
ACW Motorsport Plastics.

NickRDK
11th February 2011, 13:26
ACW Motorsport Plastics.

funny you should mention them been struggling to get on their website for about an hour. Will try again then as had given up.

Mochachino
11th February 2011, 13:27
Works fine for me!

NickRDK
11th February 2011, 13:29
has worked this time, think its the work internet. They are about £40.00 cheaper than some places I have seen. Thanks.

Mochachino
11th February 2011, 13:31
Good quality and well priced with decent options available.

One thing they dont do is thermoformed. Plastics for performance do them I think but cost a fair wack more. Perfectly fine without being formed though imo, no issues here.

NickRDK
11th February 2011, 13:56
I have looked there too but like you say the cost is higher. If your happy with their product then thats good enough for me. Thanks for your help mate.

AndySAXO
11th February 2011, 15:06
Yer acw are very good, good delivery times too.

Ross
21st February 2011, 16:47
Good quality and well priced with decent options available.

One thing they dont do is thermoformed. Plastics for performance do them I think but cost a fair wack more. Perfectly fine without being formed though imo, no issues here.

What's the difference? (Thermoform noob here) - are they better shaped somehow?

willsy
21st February 2011, 16:51
Thermoformed are shaped to match the exact curve that the original windows had. ACW ones are just flat so offer no curve, thus alot cheaper but depending how you're fitting them theres not really any drawbacks. If you're riveting or bonding in theyre fine, there may be sealing issue though if you intend to fit using OE mounting points/brackets.

Ross
21st February 2011, 16:54
Thermoformed are shaped to match the exact curve that the original windows had. ACW ones are just flat so offer no curve, thus alot cheaper but depending how you're fitting them theres not really any drawbacks. If you're riveting or bonding in theyre fine, there may be sealing issue though if you intend to fit using OE mounting points/brackets.

Perfect explanation thank you :)

I plan to bond them in so you don't think I'll have any issues? Should I be concerned about them not bonding very well if they're trying to "ping out" all the time? (Again, excuse my ignorance!)

Paul
21st February 2011, 18:08
Sealing ACW ones is easy enough, you can buy some tape stuff from homebase that works as a sealant, just tape around edge of the window before riveting them in.

Ross
21st February 2011, 18:30
Sealing ACW ones is easy enough, you can buy some tape stuff from homebase that works as a sealant, just tape around edge of the window before riveting them in.

sorta like a double sided foamfilled tape? That what you had in mind?

Paul
21st February 2011, 18:37
Yup :p