PDA

View Full Version : REPUTATION - Explained.

Simo
12th June 2006, 13:54
I see the launch of the reputation system has caused a bit of a stir. :P There really isn't anything to worry about with this system. It simply allows the community to show their opinion in a measurable way.

There are two distinct differences...

Reputation Power and Reputation Points.

Reputation Power is the degree of influence you can have on someone elses reputation LEVEL. You amass reputation power from being a good, solid user. Power is related to the length of time you have been a member, how many posts you have made, what your reputation level is and all manner of things... You can see your reputation power beside your posts in the forums, accompanied by a green blob(s).

Reputation Level is basically your reputation... according to the community members. EVERYONE started on this new forum with a reputation level of 10 points.

If you think somebody made a good or a bad contribution to a particular thread you can assign them with positive or negative reputation. When you assign reputation, your reputation POWER is added or subtracted from the users reputation LEVEL. You assign reputation points by clicking the 'balance' symbol at the side of forum posts.

You can VIEW your reputation level in your user control panel. You will also see the last ten reputation rankings that you have been assigned (if any). You will be able to see if you were awarded positive or negative reputation points.

You will not be able to see who left the points but if applied properly a message should hav ebeen left, so that you know why you were awarded positive or negative reputation points. (If you dont leave a message, you're more than likely abusing the system!!)

THe reputation system has many complex rules, which have been setup behind the scenes. It is not possible for people to continually receive reputation (good or bad) from the same members. You can try, but it wont be aplpied to the score :wink:

NEW members are not able to assign reputation until they have made a certain nuber of posts (I think its 50 currently), so that new members cannot sign up and try to cause havoc. (I should also mention that email verification is now incorporated to stop WASTERS registering to cause grief).

If you have LOW/negative reputation you are not able to assign negative reputation points, as usually this would be an abuse of the system whilst you try to 'get someone back'.

Members with low/negative reputation levels should ask themselves why this could be. Is it really possible that you are doing something that the rest f the community don't approve of? After all, the majority rule... If you fall into this category, then consider your posting style and behaviour and maybe your reputation will rise. :A:

I think thats all I will say for now... if you have any further questions regarding the REPUTATION SYSTEM please post them in this thread... as they are getting dotted here, there and everywhere currently :wink:

Baz
12th June 2006, 13:55
wooo been waiting for this all day :wink:

hesslevtr
12th June 2006, 13:58
i get it now im on 25 allready wow people like me

DarylVTR
12th June 2006, 14:00
lol im on 4 and have been marked down on really stupid things, i hope this system isnt going to be abused by certain members. I got bad rep's for giving some1 a detailed answer inwhich every1 agreed on and helped the guy, another for posting asking where a 'regional meet thread had gone' because i should have known to find it myself better WTF

Anyway thanks for explaining that simo, much clearer now!

Simo
12th June 2006, 14:01
i get it now im on 25 allready wow people like me

You have a rep power of 25... but do you have a reputation of 25 also... they are different remember :wink:

Simo
12th June 2006, 14:02
lol im on 4 and have been marked down on really stupid things, i hope this system isnt going to be abused by certain members. I got bad rep's for giving some1 a detailed answer inwhich every1 agreed on and helped the guy, another for posting asking where a 'regional meet thread had gone' because i should have known to find it myself better WTF

Anyway thanks for explaining that simo, much clearer now!

You have a low rep power as you have only been a member for a short length of time. Your reputation level is different... I cant see if it is 4 or not?

Baz
on the profile where it says how many points you have...do the points go up the same amount all the time or does this depend on how many points the user who gave you the points has?

if that makes sense

saxx
im well confused - but im guessin as long as your not in the red your ok?

saxoash
12th June 2006, 14:03
where can we view this in profile i cannot find link

CampDavid
12th June 2006, 14:04
I can see this being harshly abused, it seems like a Keyboard Conan's wet dream. Hope to be prived wrong though :)

saxx
simo please can we have screen shots with arrows?

Baz

just click on your profile in top right hand corner, it in the middle of the page after you click on there

Simo
Like I explained rep power and reputation are differnt.

When you loko on the left, beside my post, you see my rep power is 52. This is the amount of point I can add or remove from YOUR reputation LEVEL.

When I look in my user control panel, my reputation LEVEL is 66.

Come on guys... its not 'that' difficult to suss out they are two different things?

Can I explain it better some how??

starkie
12th June 2006, 14:05

Lol dont worry mate i cant find it either lol!

I hope im not just being dumb :omg:

James

Just click profile ash, it goes straight to the reputation feedback.

Edit : Same applies for Starkie :P

saxx
i think i get it!

Baz
12th June 2006, 14:06
Rep Power is on the left hand side under avatar etc
Rep Level is on the same bit where it tells you the latest repuation recieved...mine is at 67 at the moment, this is located on your profile page

Simo
12th June 2006, 14:06
just click on your profile in top left hand corner, it in the middle of the page after you click on there

I cant do screen shots so well from work... just click your username or user control panel (top right) and its shown in the main window.

New Subscribed Threads: (0)

Latest Reputation Received - 66 points total

saxoash
12th June 2006, 14:07
ohh yeah cheers lol its because no one had given me any rep yet, someone just had so it now shows up :P cheers cloudy boy!

Simo
12th June 2006, 14:08
I can see this being harshly abused, it seems like a Keyboard Conan's wet dream. Hope to be prived wrong though :)

Abusers will soon be highlighted and their reputation will fall, meaning that they can no longer abuse... or if they do, their reputation power will be so low as not to significantly effect anything.

Only on day 2, so reputations are not yet formed, etc. :P

DarylVTR
reputation is 8 i think but i have been marked down unfairly but i guess thats sommit thats always going to be debated about the system!!!:wink:

hesslevtr
You have a rep power of 25... but do you have a reputation of 25 also... they are different remember :wink:

o i see i have 19 points

i pressed my rep button last night i think
o well 19s not bad or is it minus 25 and i cant see the -

Baz
ohh yeah cheers lol its because no one had given me any rep yet, someone just had so it now shows up :P cheers cloudy boy!

you now deserve bad rep for being a silly bean :P hehe

James
12th June 2006, 14:10
Ash were is my rep? :P chop chop lol

starkie
12th June 2006, 14:12
This is all i can see??

No comments ect ect!

James
12th June 2006, 14:13
Starkie that means no one has given you good or bad comments :)

Baz
hmmm seems wierd starkie, mine is under the subscribed threads bit....:errr:

Starkie that means no one has given you good or bad comments :)

thought i could see nothing though before i got a rep point...maybe not

starkie
Can some one give me a reputation so i can see ;-)

Simo?

James
12th June 2006, 14:14
Done starkie, dont ask me to do it again :P

CampDavid
12th June 2006, 14:14
Abusers will soon be highlighted and their reputation will fall, meaning that they can no longer abuse... or if they do, their reputation power will be so low as not to significantly effect anything.

Only on day 2, so reputations are not yet formed, etc. :P

I follow. Hmmmmm, this is interesting. Novelty value is huge so it should be fun to test, never seen anything like this before. Does seem to be well thought out. Will follow this with interest :)

starkie
12th June 2006, 14:16
Done starkie, dont ask me to do it again :P

Thanks Cloud :P :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

James
12th June 2006, 14:18
No problem

:omg: look at my 2 boxes !

saxoash
12th June 2006, 14:18
Can some one give me a reputation so i can see ;-)

Simo?

there you go mate helped you out

stevossaxo
12th June 2006, 14:20

true, already been a victim of someones immaturaty

James
12th June 2006, 14:21
Is that why you are on 0 steve? ....

starkie
12th June 2006, 14:22
there you go mate helped you out

Thanks for the help Ash and Cloud!

Fully understand now :cool:

stevossaxo
12th June 2006, 14:23
Is that why you are on 0 steve? ....

yep for no good reason

saxoash
12th June 2006, 14:24
yep for no good reason

what comment they leave?

Baz
12th June 2006, 14:24
yep for no good reason

i got a good bashing of that too off someone, Barrett soon sorted it out for me though :D:

your rep power will be that low anyway as you aint been on here long etc.

as for your funny grey box...thats will be due to someone giving you a negative, i had a red one until Barret changed it as i said before.

DarylVTR
12th June 2006, 14:25
some here i got negative 1 with a comment just now 'Shut up' how stupid is that, il prob get 1 for this post aswell ...... use it propperly please people or dont use it atall

James
12th June 2006, 14:26
If they abuse it the mods wil make the reputation 0 so they cannot give negative feedback out, so if your abused just talk to a mod and they will see who had done it and if it's for a valid reason i guess.

Simo
12th June 2006, 14:29
some here i got negative 1 with a comment just now 'Shut up' how stupid is that, il prob get 1 for this post aswell ...... use it propperly please people or dont use it atall

Users found to abuse the system will be dealt with, once notified.

Whilst YOU cannot see who leaves scores/comments, WE can. :A:

Graeme
12th June 2006, 14:29

i agree with that, thats a bit of a poo negitive feedback! :mental:

Baz
12th June 2006, 14:31
i agree with that, thats a bit of a poo negitive feedback! :mental:

well that is more of a comment than i got lol, mine was just blank :N:

saxx
12th June 2006, 14:32
off topic but i love how u can see whos viewin the threads with u!

im sure people wont abuse it too much, but obviously if u give a negative feedback constructive criticism should be left

James
12th June 2006, 14:33
Yea its pretty cool, saxx i guess this means none of us can argue anymore...

saxx
12th June 2006, 14:34
wow look mines gone up! lol

hesslevtr
12th June 2006, 14:37
i got good rep for having nice biatch tits i knew they would come in handy

Mark
12th June 2006, 14:47
Reputation Points: Other users can ADD points for positive behaviour, and they can SUBTRACT points for negative behaviour. Your Reputation Points is the sum of these exchanges. The more points you have, the more the community probably agrees with you (they gave you the points after all). This is shown as the little green 'pips' under your name.

Reputation Power: This is a measure of how much influence you have when giving Reputation Points. Your power is determined by how long you've been a member, how many posts you have, the number of Reputation Points you have and other factors. With a Reputation Power of 10, you can ADD or SUBTRACT 10 Reputation Points of other members. Your Reputation Power is shown beside the green 'pips'.

It is possible to have 1000 Reputation Points, yet only have a Reputation Power of 1 (everyone must like you, although you don't have much power yet).

Likewise, you could be the most influencial member on the site with a Reputation Power of 1 MILLION (will that ever happen), but if no-one ever gave you any Reputation Points you'd still have a low reputation.

Hopefully that's helped clarify.

Anyone found to be abusing the Reputation system may find their Reputation Power/Points 'adjusted'. :fcuk:

Sax1lora
12th June 2006, 14:49
i think it would stop a lot of the bitching, so you maybe wont get as much keyboard warriors and i like the fact that it is private which means you dont have fear of starting an argument.

but there will always be somone who starts a new thread asking who left them negative comments etc......thats life though! :star:

Baz
12th June 2006, 14:51
but there will always be somone who starts a new thread asking who left them negative comments etc......thats life though! :star:

could see them then recieving even more for making such a pointless thread such as that though so....if you recieve negative feedback as you could call it...for no such reason, much easier to PM a Mod/Admin rather then make a new thread and make even more bitching

barrett
12th June 2006, 14:53
Good work Simo.

I was thinking of formulating a thread similar to this earlier as i kept on being asking this!

Mike

btw, how did you rep power inc by 27 over night:wink:

EDIT: Mine has gone up a bit too, but not as much as yours

Mattvtr
12th June 2006, 14:55
i agree with saxx,if negative is left then its a way of proving its valid,if a mod reads it and there aint a valid reason or no reason then maybe it can be removed...?just a thought

Sax1lora
yeah Baz but some people dont understand that lol

there will always be someone who mumps and moans! mostly Newbies because they might not understand it at first and kick off! you get me?

Baz
Good work Simo.

I was thinking of formulating a thread similar to this earlier as i kept on being asking this!

Mike

btw, how did you rep power inc by 27 over night:wink:

over night!? happened after he made this thread! lol must be getting alot of praise after explaining this i guess. and thank god he and mark have done so, and a good job they made of it too

yeah Baz but some people dont understand that lol

there will always be someone who mumps and moans! mostly Newbies because they might not understand it at first and kick off! you get me?

yeh true, guess they will just have to learn one way or another, and if its the hard way...so be it.

James
12th June 2006, 14:56
My rep power is still tiny :P

Scott
12th June 2006, 14:57
A lot of people on here will have to learn to take it on the chin, evne if its reported to a mod it doesnt mean it will be removed, we will look at it and if its deemed correct then it will stay

Baz
12th June 2006, 14:58
My rep power is still tiny :P

o stop moaning!

Sax1lora
12th June 2006, 14:58
maybe this could be made a sticky in the Newbies forum?

just so they understand as im still not really getting it, too tired.

James
12th June 2006, 14:59
Im not moaning Sir Baz, would i ever? :P Jelous of my 2 green squares? n00b lol joking buddy

Baz
12th June 2006, 15:02
Im not moaning Sir Baz, would i ever? :P Jelous of my 2 green squares? n00b lol joking buddy

n00b? pretty sure rep power is about how long you have been here etc :wink: *sticks out tongue* anyway.....making this a sticky in the newbie forum would be a good idea.

Jimbo
12th June 2006, 15:07
Very nice new forum, impressive.

Not to sure about this Rep thing. Will take some getting used to.

Tupps
12th June 2006, 15:13
Cant find it in my User Control :S

can any body help

Thanks

James
12th June 2006, 15:15
Tupps click profile on the tabs menu, i gave you some rep so it should now show up.

Baz
12th June 2006, 15:16
Cant find it in my User Control :S

can any body help

Thanks

click on your profile in the top right corner next to Communitty, if nothing is there on the main page after you click on profile..no one has gave you any rep points or anything as of yet

Tupps
12th June 2006, 15:37
Thanks Cloud

"EVERYBODY starts with 10"

how come im on 3 now :S

it doesn't say ive had any deducted? and i have 300 posts

Baz
12th June 2006, 15:39
Thanks Cloud

it doesn't say ive had any deducted? and i have 300 posts

you start with 10 points in the section under your profile mate (reputation level) , not your reputation power (under avatar)

Mark
12th June 2006, 15:49

Hi Tupps,

Your Reputation Power is 3 (meaning that you can give/take 3 points from other people)

Your Reputation Points is much more than 10 (this is shown in your User CP). Click User CP (top left) or Profile (top right) to get there.

Ibiza_Rik
12th June 2006, 15:50
ok, my rep under my avatar has gone from 10 to 11, but i cant see anything in my profile? whats goin on?

Baz
12th June 2006, 15:52
ok, my rep under my avatar has gone from 10 to 11, but i cant see anything in my profile? whats goin on?

noticed that mine changed randomly too, except mine went up 8 :P

Mark
12th June 2006, 15:58
Reputation power is affected by number of posts, how long you have been a member, how many Reputation Points you have and other factors. I suspect that if you've not received any extra Reputation Points, you've been posting more, been here a little longer than earlier and your Power has increased because of that.

Ibiza_Rik
12th June 2006, 16:03
ah i just hit my 600th post, mibey that was it?

Scooba
12th June 2006, 16:04
some one give me some rep.....this will be a sucess after a week or two, people will be used to it, but as for now, i havent got the foggiest what im doing!!lol :zainy:

tgazvtr
12th June 2006, 20:26
its confusing this but i think im getting it now!

stevossaxo
13th June 2006, 00:03
im not, where is the rep points? i cant see it on my control panel

James
13th June 2006, 00:11
Steve im going to send you some rep points, then click your user cp. You will see the message ive left you as well :). Return the favour ;)

stevossaxo
13th June 2006, 00:14
now i do lol, thanks cloud, favour returned mines under 50 :(

James
13th June 2006, 00:19
hehe no problem steve :)

jaybiss
13th June 2006, 00:21
cloud you just want a decent rep without earning it :P

i know your game sunshine

James
13th June 2006, 00:22
Sunbeam i am earning it, im helping people out :P thats being a good boy :P

PinguFurio
13th June 2006, 00:57
hmm seems like this reputation thing is going to be a marmite. .

furioAL
21st June 2006, 23:06
Sorry to bump this thread up again but it seemed the most appropriate place to ask the question!

I just got given new rep, it has a grey box... what does that mean? it had a positive comment "quality help" but it hasn't adjusted my rep points at all?

Any help appreciated :geek:
Thanks muchly
Alex
:dj:

Mattvtr
21st June 2006, 23:07
think its cos they havent got any rep power to give you rep points or summit like that...

furioAL
21st June 2006, 23:16
oh! i get it! as they have no rep power they can't add or subtract my total!

Cheers
:Y:

Mattvtr
21st June 2006, 23:22
woohoo more rep for me.lol :P

dannyjay
21st June 2006, 23:23
Everyone I help doesn't know how to sodding use it! Although I did give furioAL some the other day, put something like "top bloke". haha. :P

Saint
6th July 2006, 13:14
ermm new ppl start on 10? im on 7 not been on much since the revamp so dunno how i got negative. can u see who has given or if anonymous what an why?

cant see anything in my user cp to show rep either as to what was given recently

Johnno
6th July 2006, 13:18
i have never been on 10!

Simo
6th July 2006, 14:04
To both... ALL new users start with a rep level of 10... indicated by the green blob. <-------- In your CP it tells you your actual number. If youve not received any rep you will STILL have a rep level (green blob) of 10.

Rep power is earned... as described in this thread several times, by posts, length of time in membership, etc, etc.

daisax
7th August 2007, 20:21
how do i give rep to someone explain what you click to give it and where its located cause i dont now :(

Matt_e
7th August 2007, 20:23
the scales where your name is

al_VTR
7th August 2007, 20:25
how do i give rep to someone explain what you click to give it and where its located cause i dont now :(

Just below their name & avatar on the left hand side theres a set of scales. Hover over them & it'll say "add to xxxxx's reputation"

Just click on that & you can leave positive/negative reputation and a comment.

bullit
7th August 2007, 20:30
as above just under my name theres some scales. click on it and add to bullits reputation. write great guy and add. thanks

Yates
7th August 2007, 20:32
as above just under my name theres some scales. click on it and add to Yates reputation. write great guy and add. thanks

daisax
7th August 2007, 20:44
rep given thanks guys

bullit
7th August 2007, 20:46
you need more practice, i havnt any yet

Yates
7th August 2007, 20:46
i have none

saxo2tone
9th September 2007, 17:57
so can i get rid of my two bad reps because i think they are uncalled for

saxo2tone
9th September 2007, 18:00
edit i think you already have thanks again i do think the rep thing is strange though people shouldnt just be allowed to give bad rep so easy

bullit
9th September 2007, 18:06
edit i think you already have thanks again i do think the rep thing is strange though people shouldnt just be allowed to give bad rep so easy

bad repped

saxo2tone
9th September 2007, 18:14
bad repped

very funny :y:

vtrlogan
9th September 2007, 18:19
bad repped for bad repping him ;) jkz

Gabbastard
9th September 2007, 18:54
I got bad rep cos I disagreed, on a factual basis, with someone and he took the huff. LOL

Ryan
9th September 2007, 18:55
I got bad rep cos I disagreed, on a factual basis, with someone and he took the huff. LOL

was that the one about axes a few weeks ago dude??

it was removed lol! i got go fuck yourself for it ;)

Gabbastard
9th September 2007, 18:57
was that the one about axes a few weeks ago dude??

it was removed lol! i got go fuck yourself for it ;)

LOL aye thats the one. Think mine was "he sucks cock" or something hahaha

Ryan
9th September 2007, 19:06
LOL aye thats the one. Think mine was "he sucks cock" or something hahaha

yep that was a great thread. never heard so much crap in my life.

Crunkers
9th September 2007, 19:22
In the second box down under profile, it says i have 146 points, the last comment left was on the 23rd August. I don't think I'm understnading this LOL. I promise I'm not that much of a numpty

Cheers

bullit
9th September 2007, 19:28
In the second box down under profile, it says i have 146 points, the last comment left was on the 23rd August. I don't think I'm understnading this LOL. I promise I'm not that much of a numpty

Cheers

and your point :homme:

Crunkers
9th September 2007, 19:30
Thats my point lol. Is that good bad or what? Not sure I get any of this tbh honest. Help me out

Cheers

bullit
9th September 2007, 19:43
what dont you get?

you have points for people leaving rep. there points will add onto yours, so if i repped you youd get another 118 points and a blob as there a 100 points each.

Crunkers
9th September 2007, 19:55
Ah right, I get it now! So how do you get the rep power up?

Cheers

bullit
9th September 2007, 20:06
each blob is 100 points and the lighter coloured ones are 200 points

you rep power points will go up one with each blob and when you help out in the sections like engines etc

when you rep me for explaining then 5 points will add onto the thousands i have ;)

Crunkers
9th September 2007, 20:14
Lol. There you go then, I think I understand now. I took the hint

Cheers

Ryan
27th April 2008, 14:32
user is a viewing member.
neg rep shouldnt work from someone with no rep irc

dinga
27th April 2008, 14:38
user is a veiwing member?
i think i had 2 blobs half an hour ago,now i have 1.
bear has been a member from 2003 but has never made a post or contrabution to the site other than giving me bad rep as far as i know.

Jacko
27th April 2008, 14:41
thread from the dead....

Mark51
27th April 2008, 14:44
user is a veiwing member?
i think i had 2 blobs half an hour ago,now i have 1.
bear has been a member from 2003 but has never made a post or contrabution to the site other than giving me bad rep as far as i know.

if you think that the rep was given without a valid reason mate PM a member of the admin team.

Oli_K
27th April 2008, 18:42
that bad rep you received was from me.

your great contribution to the site...

your girlfriend took you back after all that !
clearly your both inbreed retards.
post a pic of you and your girl so we can all have a laugh at your expense fucking freak

littleracer
13th May 2008, 23:18
when ya view your control panel and you see were red/green dots are,what does grey dots mean?
i got 3 grey dots on a pos rep.any ideas?
could i trade 3 greys for a green lol.

JC-Furio
13th May 2008, 23:21
when ya view your control panel and you see were red/green dots are,what does grey dots mean?
i got 3 grey dots on a pos rep.any ideas?
could i trade 3 greys for a green lol.

I think Jimo explained to me a while back, that grey is positive rep from someone who has no rep power. Not too sure, but he's usually right, sadly :p

I've got a grey too, and wondered what it was about

Ryan
13th May 2008, 23:25
grey can be red/green from someone with no rep powaaaaa.

also rep removed is grey

Pat_Vts
13th May 2008, 23:26
i want grey rep!...

JC-Furio
13th May 2008, 23:29
i want gay rep!...

Wierdo :homme:

Andi9386
13th May 2008, 23:37
grey can be red/green from someone with no rep powaaaaa.

also rep removed is grey

Aaaaahhhh that explains why I had a RED Dot which after about an hour was turned to Grey.

Pat_Vts
13th May 2008, 23:39
:homme:Wierdo :homme:

yhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh safeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:homme:

littleracer
13th May 2008, 23:40
thanks alot ryan and JC,they were pos rep so the poeple prob didnt have enuff rep power.:n: