PDA

View Full Version : cable ma shift

solvi
2nd April 2011, 14:30
ive seen!!

a ax with cable shifting and a ma box ...think is from c4 c3 or im wrong?

it possible or anyone know abouth it??

adamskiTNR
7th April 2011, 13:14
Would prefer a solid mechanical linkage tbh. cable shifting always seems a bit vauge to me. like fishing. and need adjusting to attain a solid feel. Only really worth while if there is something preventing you using a linkage. which there isn't. still, interesting to see how easy a conversion it is though if people are having a serious problem with the linkages popping off etc.

solvi
9th April 2011, 21:06
ok ists a AX but ...

http://img820.imageshack.us/i/dsc01418v.jpg/

mark1311
10th April 2011, 09:11
Would prefer a solid mechanical linkage tbh. cable shifting always seems a bit vauge to me. like fishing. and need adjusting to attain a solid feel. Only really worth while if there is something preventing you using a linkage. which there isn't. still, interesting to see how easy a conversion it is though if people are having a serious problem with the linkages popping off etc.

then if your having proplems with linkages poping off and just generallywont a better feel and alot more comfy for track shifting, then buy a satch shifter. job done

AndySAXO
10th April 2011, 09:28
If you get the kam racing linkages, they should pop off, as they have a little clip to stop it.

Dnt get me wrong that new shift kit by Colin, I'd very good, but is expensive, for a track car I would leave it til you are more experiance.

For now I am staying with my standard shift, learning to drive to the maximum, then maybe get on for them kits.

adamskiTNR
10th April 2011, 10:32
i guess with the cable shift you can whack the lever wherever you want, to feel comfortable