PDA

View Full Version : noise when using engine breaking... errrr

Grant Peters
1st October 2003, 04:40
hi, my vtr has developped a noise whilst slowing down in gear, especially in first... it is most noticable if i was to accelerate to about 5,000 revs and then just let the car slow back down without breaking,

it doesnt happen when rolling in neutral or with the clutchin and doesnt happen when i rev,

it only happens when its in gear and especially first, so could it be a bearing in the clutch or any ideas?

help pls thank you

Scott
3rd October 2003, 04:42
what kind of noise is it making?

Grant Peters
4th October 2003, 02:41
its a kind of whirring, just wondered if this was common, i might have to just take it to citroen and take one of their guys out in it...

Scott
4th October 2003, 02:50
it may just be the engine itself running down, i.e. it may be a natural noise but no harm in gettting it checked out

Grant Peters
4th October 2003, 02:52
cheers mate i think i will to be safe...

samholt
5th October 2003, 04:05
are y over-revving it? ie red-lining it????

GazVTR
5th October 2003, 16:02
i have this very same noise happern to me twice so far (in the past 2 weeks)....... the 1st time it happerned i was doing 90+ down a motorway, made me shit my pants(a car just pulled out in front so i had to slow down, but he was doing about same speed!!)

pulled over to the side of the road, checked it all over and all seemed fine after that. happerned again on friday but i was doing about 40 and coming up to a T-junction, but only did it for about 5 seconds. when i pulled away verything seemed fine after that, going to get it checked over this week. plus a few other things, as my m8 reversed into my front left(while it was on full lock to the left), now when i have it on full right lock i get a rubbing/scraping noise) grrrr, plus its 36k service is due!

samholt
5th October 2003, 16:55
NO.....how much damage was done?

GazVTR
6th October 2003, 22:17
no visual damage, just a bit of paint on the arch, which T-cut sorted out, going to speak to the garrage when i get them to look at it, and see if there is any damage that i can't see.

he only hit it at a slow speed, was in his drive way, and i was in the back seat of his car too...., couldn't beleive it, i was just thinking to my self, he does know my car is there?!?!?!........guess not.....crunch

Grant Peters
23rd October 2003, 03:25
thats bad luck, never let anyone drive your car without signing something first...

it really makes the nooise now when pulling away from low revs in first,

also what front discs, pads do people recommend?

Scott
24th October 2003, 17:13
just had a thought, i used to get a really annoying noise as i accelerated and hit about 1800 revs up to about 2200 revs, a real bad sounding rattle.

got under the car and had a look couldnt see anything but could see the stupid metal cover on the cat had rusted through so i pulled it off and the rattleing never came back, just a thought